World Cup Brazil 2014

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This. The reason I'm totally into the world cup! ;)

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL... This is great!

I took quite offense to this article, although I like most articles on BundesligaFanatic (I have a few comments below the article).

http://bundesligafanatic.com/we-teach-them-we-train-them-you-take-them-on-germanys-dual-nationals/

I think it is a small price to pay for Germany having an elite program (club and national level) for losing a few players who have dual citizenship to other countries. So the German system paid for their training and upbringing in the Bundesliga and Bundesliga lower divisions. Germany takes their best 23 man squad (according to their coach), and those that won't make that squad and are dual citizens, are free to make a 1-time decision to play for the other country they have a passport too. Why gripe about that? Small price to pay for having a top program.

I don't believe the only reason why players like Jermaine Jones, Julian Green, Fabian Johnson, John Brooks, and Timmy Chandler choose to play for the USA team was because they COULDN'T make the German top squad. I think MANY factors determine why dual nationals choose to play for the US. Julian Green was born in Florida but was raised in Germany since about 3 years old. Why not think he would want to play for the USA because its his birthplace?

And lets just say for example, that they did choose to play for the US because they couldn't make the German squad. Well, if they weren't good enough to make the German squad, they why give a f*ck if they play somewhere else. Sour gosh dang grapes.

And lets also make known that Germany has also benefited from dual nationals. Ozil. Podolski, Boatang, and Cacao come to mind.

Add Klose and Khedira to that list.

Most teams have some guys with dual citizenship. We (the Dutch team) have players like Martins Indi, de Guzman and Kongolo, who could have played for Portugal/Angola (Martins Indi); Switzerland/Kongo (Kongolo) or Canada/Jamaica/Philippines (de Guzman) instead. All three of them moved at an early age to Rotterdam in Holland (<1 year, <1 year and 12 years respectively) and played for the Dutch national youth teams. Therefore they decided to play for the Netherlands.

Some other players, who also played in Dutch national youth teams, decided to play for Bosnia, Armenia, Turkey and Morocco instead.

You win some, you lose some. Most of the times it seems that the better countries profit, because the better players want to play for the trophies. The Dutch "lost" many guys, but usually those are the guys that would have never made the Dutch team anyway. I think its the same for Germany and other European countries.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Add Klose and Khedira to that list.

Most teams have some guys with dual citizenship. We (the Dutch team) have players like Martins Indi, de Guzman and Kongolo, who could have played for Portugal/Angola (Martins Indi); Switzerland/Kongo (Kongolo) or Canada/Jamaica/Philippines (de Guzman) instead. All three of them moved at an early age to Rotterdam in Holland (<1 year, <1 year and 12 years respectively) and played for the Dutch national youth teams. Therefore they decided to play for the Netherlands.

Some other players, who also played in Dutch national youth teams, decided to play for Bosnia, Armenia, Turkey and Morocco instead.

You win some, you lose some. Most of the times it seems that the better countries profit, because the better players want to play for the trophies. The Dutch "lost" many guys, but usually those are the guys that would have never made the Dutch team anyway. I think its the same for Germany and other European countries.

Right... which is why I didn't understand the grief with the writer of the article. It's a small price to pay for having a good football program in Germany.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Spain out, an era is over for them now funny alot of the previous world cup winners have gone out in the following competitons group stage burn-out i guess. Chile are a very good team, they will cause anyone alot of problems.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The reason I`m supporting Belgium in the World Cup......lol :geek:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Really excited to see Columbia and Ivory Coast face off.

England and Uruguay... if 1 team loses they are out, so this game will be tense.

I

My wife has just asked me if I`m supporting Colombia because that's where I get my drugs from ??? :eek: Cheeky mare !!!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
What a goal by Chile, looks like the boring Tiki-Taka era will be over soon ! :tup:

Hey now. Hey now. Watch your language. Some teams use Tiki -Taka to quite a good advantage. ;)

Sounds like sour gapes to me, because certain German teams in blue can't do it. :p
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before the game they showed Rooney saying that they came to Brazil to win the Championship :eek:
But at the moment it looks like as if they can book their flights back home after the game though its indeed another good game by England so far.
Rooney with a decent first half....

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Before the game they showed Rooney saying that they came to Brazil to win the Championship :eek:
But at the moment it looks like as if they can book their flights back home after the game
though its indeed another good game by England so far.

Maybe they will who knows nessie...........................:cautious::D
They need to get their finger out in the next half, Uruguay so far are much better than against Costa Rica.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
But at the moment it looks like as if they can book their flights back home after the game though its indeed another good game by England so far.

It's kind of ironic that Suarez is tormenting England.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

I

We are crap and we know it, but at least they are giving it a go this time :oops:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
What a finish by the Vampire again great strike, the funny thing is england could still qualify if Italy do them a favour and they beat Costa Rica but its looking tough for them. Saw a few Scots in with the Uruguay fans hope they enjoyed the game...........:sneaky:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
What a finish by the Vampire again great strike, the funny thing is england could still qualify if Italy do them a favour and they beat Costa Rica but its looking tough for them. Saw a few Scots in with the Uruguay fans hope they enjoyed the game...........:sneaky:

I saw the few guys in the yellow-pink Scots Jerseys... but shouldn't they be supporting England, or does it give them good joy to see the English fail?

Too bad for England... I hate Suarez. He needs a swift kick to the balls... or teeth.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I saw the few guys in the yellow-pink Scots Jerseys... but shouldn't they be supporting England, or does it give them good joy to see the English fail?

Too bad for England... I hate Suarez. He needs a swift kick to the balls... or teeth.

For the most part because of England's over expectations media and commentators it gives the Scots a jolly when England lose, we are a small nation they are the bigger neighbour. Similar to the USA \ Canada thing. But for me it's a sporting issue nothing else.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
No chance of us going through now, genuinly felt we'd beat Uruguay. Our defence just hasn't been good enough, and it's finally time for Gerrard to step to the side.

Still believe there's plenty of positives ahead of Euro 2016 though, Sterling will only get better, along with Barkley, Shaw, Oxlade-Chamberlain. We'll hopefully have a fully fit Walcott by then too. Just need a top CB, maybe Jones or Caulker will step up to partner Cahill.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
No chance of us going through now, genuinly felt we'd beat Uruguay. Our defence just hasn't been good enough, and it's finally time for Gerrard to step to the side.

Still believe there's plenty of positives ahead of Euro 2016 though, Sterling will only get better, along with Barkley, Shaw, Oxlade-Chamberlain. We'll hopefully have a fully fit Walcott by then too. Just need a top CB, maybe Jones or Caulker will step up to partner Cahill.

I agree time for Gerrard to step aside Lampard is quitting also, your goalkeeping department is a problem for me as Hart is error prone Forster is more reliable but he plays in Scotland and is under rated because of that. Cahill is decent at league level but I'm not so sure about at World cups and Euro championships.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts