World Cup Brazil 2014

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Ghana for me did not impress on that showing not as good as they were at the last tourney, the USA were stubborn and I think they just about deserved the win.
The standard of referee this world cup has been so poor, where the check do they get those guys from?

Last edited:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yes mate, 100%. Coentrao looks crocked now too, Pepe is unbelievably inconsistent, and the goalkeeper isn't upto much either. All that added to the fact they have Nani as one of their better players, and they haven't had a decent centre forward for 15yrs.

I can see both USA and Ghana getting something from their games with Portugal.

Hmmm I'm not so sure, I think Germany would strangle the midfield and frustrate England. But I agree Portugals forward line is nowhere near as dangerous as it was when Figo and co were there.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like the US to win, but I'm afraid Ghana have my fiancial backing.

Disappointed in Muller to go down follwoing the 'flick' by Pepe, but what he did from there was just ridiculous. Germany did look good, but they'll come up against mucb tougher tests than a 50% fit Ronaldo + 10 fairly average players.
I wouldnt call it a just "flick" but apart from that I completely agree, no need to go down.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Edit: ooops, no video anymore, looks like the FIFA henchmen have found it ;)

Last edited:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
This is how we do it in Vegas. I'm in the middle of all that.

This was at the final whistle.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Bundesbiers, are you getting flak from any of your local NFL fans about soccer being "boring"? It seems some of my friends around here who love the NFL start crying whenever real football gets some attention. :D

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Bundesbiers, are you getting flak from any of your local NFL fans about soccer being "boring"? It seems some of my friends around here who love the NFL start crying whenever real football gets some attention. :D

Actually no, I haven't seen any of my friends or people I know griping about the "football tournament". In fact, most of them are following it rather closely even though I know they aren't the biggest football fans. It's enjoyable to see the support for US Soccer.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Actually no, I haven't seen any of my friends or people I know griping about the "football tournament". In fact, most of them are following it rather closely even though I know they aren't the biggest football fans. It's enjoyable to see the support for US Soccer.

Apart form yourself Bund did most of the others know what was going on gamewize?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

In my neck of the woods, some NFL fans have been busting on me about football. Ironically they are Steelers fans and one Redskin fan, but all rednecks.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
In my neck of the woods, some NFL fans have been busting on me about football. Ironically they are Steelers fans and one Redskin fan, but all rednecks.

I re- watched Deliverance recently still scary!!! :eek::x3::)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

I really love (American) football and I love the Packers but just tell them they should watch a couple games, enjoying the atmosphere with fans from all over the world and then they might realize why this is the most popular sports
worldwide. ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Mexico in red looks strange.....thought they have a white away shirt ? :cautious:

Very good game Mexico got a desreved draw, Brazil with a late penalty declined swings and round-abouts eh? :sneaky: Impressive saves from the Mexico keeper the point blank one particularly. :cool:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

Rednecks... well that explains that. ;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Very good game Mexico got a desreved draw, Brazil with a late penalty declined swings and round-abouts eh? :sneaky: Impressive saves from the Mexico keeper the point blank one particularly. :cool:

That was a very physical match. Mexico's goalie did a phenomenal job. I guess Dante is too slow to start for Brazil. His size might have helped them on defense a little, but they did fine.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Packfan71, I'm heading out to the local Irish pub in a couple minutes to hang out with some friends for the evening. Guinness, here I come!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Packfan71, I'm heading out to the local Irish pub in a couple minutes to hang out with some friends for the evening. Guinness , here I come!

Enjoy Croakie, Guinness Draught love it. :tup:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
That was a very physical match. Mexico's goalie did a phenomenal job. I guess Dante is too slow to start for Brazil. His size might have helped them on defense a little, but they did fine.

Ahh i noticed that i was wondering why he was on the bench, CFCs dearly departed ''sideshow bob'' was in though i guessed yep he's a bit more mobile. :barefoot:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
LOL... This is great!

I took quite offense to this article, although I like most articles on BundesligaFanatic (I have a few comments below the article).

http://bundesligafanatic.com/we-teach-them-we-train-them-you-take-them-on-germanys-dual-nationals/

I think it is a small price to pay for Germany having an elite program (club and national level) for losing a few players who have dual citizenship to other countries. So the German system paid for their training and upbringing in the Bundesliga and Bundesliga lower divisions. Germany takes their best 23 man squad (according to their coach), and those that won't make that squad and are dual citizens, are free to make a 1-time decision to play for the other country they have a passport too. Why gripe about that? Small price to pay for having a top program.

I don't believe the only reason why players like Jermaine Jones, Julian Green, Fabian Johnson, John Brooks, and Timmy Chandler choose to play for the USA team was because they COULDN'T make the German top squad. I think MANY factors determine why dual nationals choose to play for the US. Julian Green was born in Florida but was raised in Germany since about 3 years old. Why not think he would want to play for the USA because its his birthplace?

And lets just say for example, that they did choose to play for the US because they couldn't make the German squad. Well, if they weren't good enough to make the German squad, they why give a f*ck if they play somewhere else. Sour gosh dang grapes.

And lets also make known that Germany has also benefited from dual nationals. Oezil. Podolski, Boatang, and Cacao come to mind.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
LOL... This is great!

I took quite offense to this article, although I like most articles on BundesligaFanatic (I have a few comments below the article).

http://bundesligafanatic.com/we-teach-them-we-train-them-you-take-them-on-germanys-dual-nationals/

I think it is a small price to pay for Germany having an elite program (club and national level) for losing a few players who have dual citizenship to other countries. So the German system paid for their training and upbringing in the Bundesliga and Bundesliga lower divisions. Germany takes their best 23 man squad (according to their coach), and those that won't make that squad and are dual citizens, are free to make a 1-time decision to play for the other country they have a passport too. Why gripe about that? Small price to pay for having a top program.

I don't believe the only reason why players like Jermaine Jones, Julian Green, Fabian Johnson, John Brooks, and Timmy Chandler choose to play for the USA team was because they COULDN'T make the German top squad. I think MANY factors determine why dual nationals choose to play for the US. Julian Green was born in Florida but was raised in Germany since about 3 years old. Why not think he would want to play for the USA because its his birthplace?

And lets just say for example, that they did choose to play for the US because they couldn't make the German squad. Well, if they weren't good enough to make the German squad, they why give a f*ck if they play somewhere else. Sour gosh dang grapes.

And lets also make known that Germany has also benefited from dual nationals. Oezil. Podolski, Boatang, and Cacao come to mind.

I don't get why they'd be too upset either. After all Julian Green is a backup on Bayern's squad. You would think Germany would love to go up against a squad full of backups!

Members online

Latest posts