World Cup Brazil 2014

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
@mhnessie How was the atmosphere at the pub for the England-Italy game? Were the English fans upset?
I would say they were disappointed not upset, but most of them believed that they will make it past the group stage anyway. I have my doubts though England played a good game. Stirling and Sturridge were outstanding, Rooney doesnt belong to the staring lineup. England needs eleven players on the field if they want to do it better against Uruguay.

OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
What's the big deal? It hit the goalkeeper and went in. Just barely. Goal line technology vindicated.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I would say they were disappointed not upset, but most of them believed that they will make it past the group stage anyway. I have my doubts though England played a good game. Stirling and Sturridge were outstanding, Rooney doesnt belong to the staring lineup. England needs eleven players on the field if they want to do it better against Uruguay.

Thats the vibe i get from them too nessie and they may well get out of the group yet, but if they underestimate the two remaining teams its going to get ugly. :cautious:

Last edited:

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Thats the vibe i get from them too nessie and they may well get out of the group yet, but if they underestimate they two remaining teams its going to get ugly. :cautious:

I think we need to go into the Uruguay game with an air of caution about us. We had a fairly poor result vs Italy, but Uruguay had a shocker against Costa Rica, and their goal difference has been hit from it. I sense they'll chase the game from the start, and we need to be careful and exploit the spaces they leave behind.
But whether we will, now there's another story.

OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
I am looking for a good result from Uruguay. Chase it they might. But there should be a certain comfort factor there for Luis Suarez.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Agree.
Better game than expected though we only had to play football for 45 minutes because Portugal was simply too weak.
Of course the early penalty and the stupid red card helped but I think this win his nothing but deserved.

Yeah i have nothing against Portugal they lost to a better team, a bad day at the office for the Poser his fancy step overs were not very effective today. :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boring game between Nigeria and Iran, why couldnt they air this game at midnight instead of the US/Ghana game.:rolleyes:
Anyway - Im hoping for a US win later.
I think Ghana is slightly favoured over the USA, will be tough but not impossible. Come on USA ! :tup:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Boring game between Nigeria and Iran, why couldnt they air this game at midnight instead of the US/Ghana game.:rolleyes:
Anyway - Im hoping for a US win later.
I think Ghana is slightly favoured over the USA, will be tough but not impossible. Come on USA ! :tup:

Will be tough for the USA, Ghana are favourites no doubt but i hope aswell Jurgen gets at least a draw. :)

OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
One of my favorite matchups coming up. Go Ghana! Smite the Evil Empire!!!

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like the US to win, but I'm afraid Ghana have my fiancial backing.

Disappointed in Muller to go down follwoing the 'flick' by Pepe, but what he did from there was just ridiculous. Germany did look good, but they'll come up against mucb tougher tests than a 50% fit Ronaldo + 10 fairly average players.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I'd like the US to win, but I'm afraid Ghana have my fiancial backing.

Disappointed in Muller to go down follwoing the 'flick' by Pepe, but what he did from there was just ridiculous. Germany did look good, but they'll come up against mucb tougher tests than a 50% fit Ronaldo + 10 fairly average players.

I think Portugal are better than alot of teams they just struggled against one of the favourites today. Would you fancy your chances in a rematch of 2010 should you make it out of the group Wolfie?

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Portugal are better than alot of teams they just struggled against one of the favourites today. Would you fancy your chances in a rematch of 2010 should you make it out of the group Wolfie?

Yes mate, 100%. Coentrao looks crocked now too, Pepe is unbelievably inconsistent, and the goalkeeper isn't upto much either. All that added to the fact they have Nani as one of their better players, and they haven't had a decent centre forward for 15yrs.

I can see both USA and Ghana getting something from their games with Portugal.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
One of my favorite matchups coming up. Go Ghana! Smite the Evil Empire!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

We finally beat Ghana. And they always have to leave it for last minute dramatics. My heart can't take it like that all the time.

OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Every little doggie has his day Meestor Bundesbier. Yours has been a long time coming. :D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Can anyone point me to a web page that lists the statistics for the height and weight of each of the German National Team players. Lahm looks so little and some of those guys look so big.

Forget I asked. I found one on Foxsports of all places.

Last edited:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
My thoughts from the game.

A true spark scoring 30 seconds in... but seeing Altidore pull up 18 minutes later was a true deflator.

Our possession was downright terrible. Michael Bradley had the absolute worst game ever. He had more passes intercepted than completed. We gave the ball up so much it was truly frustrating.

Jermaine Jones was an absolute beast, he saved the defense tonight, along with some spectacular work from Tim Howard, even though he could have done better with the goal allowed.

The ref had his moments of blindness. How could he not see the high kick to Dempsey's nose that caused all the blood???

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts