World Cup Brazil 2014

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm okay with the penalty call.
I couldnt watch the whole game yesterday and just watched the game highlights. To me this penalty call is a joke though I must admit its kind of stupid by the Croatian defender to use his hands and to touch him in a situation like this. :x3:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I couldnt watch the whole game yesterday and just watched the game highlights. To me this penalty call is a joke though I must admit its kind of stupid by the Croatian defender to use his hands and to touch him in a situation like this. :x3:

I agree nessie was stupid for him to touch the Brazil player your always taking a risk doing that, for me he did not pull the guy back or anything so not a pen. As we know its not Basketball Football is a contact sport.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
The Dutch are fantastically unpredictable, very hungry thats night and day compared to how they played at the last World Cup. Early days but they may well have a good tourney.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah, great game by the Dutch team. But they wont win the World Cup anyway.:p
Ag, Gordon Strachan on ITV :):tup:
Like his accent, hard to understand what he's talking about :D

The Strachan is always good value nessie I liked "we ain't you'" when he was talking with Glenn Hoddle.:D But his accent is easy compared some of the BBC Scotland guys i can assure you. Yep doubt the Dutch will win it they always find a way to self destruct.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
World Cup mascots in the Museum of Football, nice memories. On the right thats Naranjito as you guys certainly know ;)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Using the ball as a prop in celebration should be penalized like it is in the NFL. :devilish:

---
Oh shet! 2-1 Costa Rica.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
First sensation, 3-1 Costa Rica!
Funny, sitting in one of the best Pubs in Manchester (Marble Arch), a couple of the table next to us leaving the pub, came over just to tell us that they are sorry, but they are Scottish and hope Italy wins. They thouht we are English. I told them thats just fine, we are Germans ;)

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Love it how the ITV english commentators always spin things for england good result for us etc always, always, give us a break who cares i dont think Costa Rica care either its their three points. :rolleyes:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So far this is the most skilled match of the cup. England and Italy look head and shoulders better than all the teams who have played so far.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I also like these ads but some say they are offensive. These are airing in the U.S.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Didn't learn from 2yrs ago. Pirlo probably moved about 30ft throughout the whole game, and he still found pockets of space to receive the ball. Bar that free-kick he did nothing out of the ordinary, but played the basics to a tee.

Rooney, bar the assist did nothing, out on the left he's like a fish up a tree. Both Baines and Johnson aren't getting enough cover when one of them push forward to support their wide man.

There were positives though, i thought Henderson did well, thought our pressing game stopped when he came off for Wilshere, who was pure lazy.
Barkley looked lively, but ran into traffic, as Rooney was dropping too deep, instead of stretching the play on the last man.
Sterling looked really good, raw and direct, just hope his cramp has worn off before thursday.

Still think we'll qualify from the group, mind.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Didn't learn from 2yrs ago. Pirlo probably moved about 30ft throughout the whole game, and he still found pockets of space to receive the ball. Bar that free-kick he did nothing out of the ordinary, but played the basics to a tee.

Rooney, bar the assist did nothing, out on the left he's like a fish up a tree. Both Baines and Johnson aren't getting enough cover when one of them push forward to support their wide man.

There were positives though, i thought Henderson did well, thought our pressing game stopped when he came off for Wilshere, who was pure lazy.
Barkley looked lively, but ran into traffic, as Rooney was dropping too deep, instead of stretching the play on the last man.
Sterling looked really good, raw and direct, just hope his cramp has worn off before thursday.

I will say, you completely nailed it. Good post and I agree with everything you say. Sterling and Sturridge were great.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

There were positives though, i thought Henderson did well, thought our pressing game

stopped when he came off for Wilshere, who was pure lazy.

Men against boys, Italy always find a way once they got the 2nd they just sat back and soaked up the pressure. England have to get their finger out now because it's going to be a dogfight for that other place, Costa Rica and Uruguay are not just going to lye down and lose just because it's England the results have to be earned.

Last edited:

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Men against boys, Italy always find a way once they got the 2nd they just sat back and soaked up the pressure. England have to get their finger out now because it's going to be a dogfight for that other place, Costa Rica and Uruguay are not just going to lye down and lose just because it's England the results have to be earned.

Absolutely, worst thing you can do is give the italians something to hold onto, we needed to get into a position where they were chasing the game, not us.

Members online

Latest posts