Woodson's Comments

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Watching Woodson's post game commentary, and he said he keeps thinking about Anthony Smith. How many of us wish we knew the reason Smith was cut? Regardless of our 3 Fullbacks, couldn't a safety who knew the scheme and has started beat out these back-up safeties of ours?

With Woodson thinking the same thing it gets me wondering what the reason WAS for leting him go. He played great during the preseason, and it doesn't appear like there was locker room trouble... both Barnett and Woodson say they want him on the team.

Just sucks...

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd like a good explanation of why he is was cut. Seemed to me he easily made the team skill wise.

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smith took too many chances. Yes he made a few good plays. But he was out of position more often than not, and refused to play special teams. That's why he was cut.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smith took too many chances. Yes he made a few good plays. But he was out of position more often than not, and refused to play special teams. That's why he was cut.

Are you in the know?

OP
OP
3irty1

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
well refusing to play special teams definitely offers an explanation.

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you in the know?

I remember reading it somewhere. MM didn't reference the mistakes directly, but I know he mentioned that special teams was a deciding factor between Rouse and Smith.

Smith doesn't matter anymore anyway. He's with the Rams.

Members online

Latest posts