Woodson

packman31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know why Woodson has not been used at wr like he did sometimes when he played for the raiders? I remember when we signed him there were alot of posts about using him as a wr if we needed.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is that he has been getting absolutely abused physically this year. The announcers on Thurs. nite were talking about how he couldn't raise his arm or move it much at all due to his lingering shoulder injury. And the guy just keeps making plays-what a freakin beast.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know why Woodson has not been used at wr like he did sometimes when he played for the raiders? I remember when we signed him there were alot of posts about using him as a wr if we needed.

I wish they would but I dont think they can afford to because of what pack_in_black said, he is hurt every game. He comes off the field every game for a while because of injury.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If you show up at mini camp and OTA's you have a chance to learn the plays. If you skip your opportunity sessions then you are left behind.

I agree with this, but I think they value him more at the CB spot right now with the injury he has...

If he was healthy thru out the year might have put him in a few plays..

But he has been returning lot of punts maybe that was their way of easing him in

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's been playing with a couple of injuries all year long so I don't think the coaching staff would want to risk a severe injury on offense. Keep in mind he returns punts as well.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
My guess is that he has been getting absolutely abused physically this year. The announcers on Thurs. nite were talking about how he couldn't raise his arm or move it much at all due to his lingering shoulder injury. And the guy just keeps making plays-what a freakin beast.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's why. If Woodson was 100% healthy, we'd be seeing him catching passes and sprinting downfield for big gains.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh yeah, when he gave the intercepted ball to the child in the stands, that was class. I made sure to put that one in the highlights. pure class.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you show up at mini camp and OTA's you have a chance to learn the plays. If you skip your opportunity sessions then you are left behind.

This is exactly it. Woodson asked to play receiver in training camp, and the coaches told him he couldn't because he still needed to learn the defense after having missed the OTA's. I doubt they would've let him play receiver even if he didn't get so banged up this year. As good as he's been at CB, I don't think he would be anything special at WR, though it would be interesting to see him try.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calicheese is exactly right. Woody screwed himself at ever having a chance to play an offense this year when he didn't show up to learn the system. Don't get me wrong, I think Woodson is the real deal at corner back, but I'm still angry that he didn't show up for any of the volunteer stuff. Had he done that, perhaps he could have helped his team on offense this year too. Who knows? Maybe next year.

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe I can help ya out a bit on this ...

Woodson hardly ever played WR for the Raiders. The team felt he was way too valuable a corner to risk him playing on offense. I wish they would have, cause he is a dynamic athlete. I think he had something like 2 career receptions as a Raider.

As a pro, he really hasnt been used in that capacity as he was in college. More than happy to answer any Woodson questions you got, I seen every game he played from his freshman year in college up until last season except 1. In case you couldnt tell, hes my favorite player :thumbsup:

Members online

Latest posts