bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tano1998 said:
what's happened to him???
Hope's not serious

out for the game.
He should be back for the next game.

is that your assumption? or from somebody within the organization? i remember he suffered from turf toe in oakland and it really hurt his game. i think he missed some time from it.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
tano1998 said:
what's happened to him???
Hope's not serious

out for the game.
He should be back for the next game.

is that your assumption? or from somebody within the organization? i remember he suffered from turf toe in oakland and it really hurt his game. i think he missed some time from it.

My assumption, unfortunately. :(

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He jogged off the field so he should be alright...

that would be in no way indicative of the severity of this specific injury. he has turf toe. he can jog straight forward. he can't make cuts.

Woodson_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is posted on www.espn.com

DETROIT -- Cornerback Charles Woodson sustained a toe injury on a 34-yard punt return for the Green Bay Packers late in the first quarter Thursday against Detroit.

Woodson jogged off the field, underwent X-rays and didn't return.

"It's not broken, but it hurts," he said after Green Bay beat the Lions 37-26. "It's my big toe on my right foot. I did the same thing on my other foot once in Oakland."

Woodson said it was too early to determine his status for Thursday's game at Dallas.

His departure forced Green Bay to play without two starting defensive backs, Woodson and free safety Nick Collins, who was inactive because of a knee injury.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Will Blackmon healed yet? Last I heard it sounded like he was still out for awhile.

My guess is Tramon Williams will get some work on returning punts this week. Woodson is going to be limited in practice and hopefully can go against Dallas.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Didn't know much about "turf-toe," so I looked it up on wiki. Doesn't sound good to me . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turf_toe

Turf toe

Turf toe, more properly known as a metatarsalphalangeal joint sprain, is an injury to the joint and connective tissue between the foot and one of the toes, usually the big toe. Turf toe is named from the injury being associated with playing sports on rigid surfaces such as artificial turf and is a fairly common injury among professional American football players.

Often, the injury occurs when someone or something falls on the back of the calf while that leg's knee and tips of the toes are touching the ground. The toe is hyperextended and thus the joint is injured. Additionally, athletic shoes that tend to have very flexible soles combined with cleats that "grab" the turf will cause overextension of the big toe. It should be noted that this can occur on the lesser toes as well.

The injury can be debilitating for athletes who need to accelerate or 'cut' quickly. Use of the toes is not possible during the healing process. Since the toes are necessary for proper push-off when accelerating, those sorts of athletic activities can be almost completely curtailed. A healing period of one or more months is often required.

Because of the anatomy of the distal foot and the unique use of the foot, it is often impossible to properly tape or brace the joint. Although difficult, it is not impossible to tape the toe to limit dorsiflexion (upward bend of toe). Additionally, wearing a shoe with a rigid sole and cushioned innersole will help. Anti-inflammatory medication as well as physical therapy is recommended.

Turf toe can often progress into a chronic problem, in which the joint(s) never really heals or heals too slowly to return to usual physical activities.

Turf toe can become more serious if left untreated.

-Deion Sanders was plagued with this injury throughout his career, with serious reductions in playing time near the end of his football career.

-A bad case of Turf Toe ended former Pittsburgh Steeler Jack Lambert's career in 1984.

Sangill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of which. I think Tramon Williams did an excellent job on the snaps he had. He really had some big plays in my oppinion.

I was not too impressed with Frank Walker though.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its a toe...cut it off and get your *** back on the field!

Theres a rugby player in Oz who kept dislocating his finger so it had it amputated, true story :p

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
He is a football player that has talent at the position of Punt Returner.. unless there is someone else on the roster that does a better job at making the correct call on the ball, what decisions to make it certain situations and has a better chance at bigger returns.. Charles is the punt returner.

He makes big money... let him earn it on the field.

Everyone points to NE as an example of how to run a team.. they utilize players in multiple facets.. why should Woodson be any different?

Are you calling him soft?

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say that yesterday indicated that he might be a little soft. He jogged off the field without so much as a limp, and comes out for the second half in street clothes.

When you make the kind of money these guys do, and you have an Iron Man QB leading the offense, I would think that a toe injury wouldn't keep you off the field.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
axelred13 said:
Its a toe...cut it off and get your *** back on the field!

Theres a rugby player in Oz who kept dislocating his finger so it had it amputated, true story :p

Or Ronnie Lott... he did the same thing before a game.

Or John Elway removing a part of his bicep muscle instead of having surgery to repair it..

Some people put the game ahead of body parts..

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say that yesterday indicated that he might be a little soft. He jogged off the field without so much as a limp, and comes out for the second half in street clothes.

When you make the kind of money these guys do, and you have an Iron Man QB leading the offense, I would think that a toe injury wouldn't keep you off the field.

He played through a shoulder injury and some other stuff last year, and kept returning punts.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

try not thinking to much!!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
axelred13 said:

try not thinking to much!!

haha! no ****! don't explain away an injury that you know absolutely nothing about.

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah...I guess you guys are right...he should be laying in a hospital bed and we should all hope he can someday walk again.

Members online

Latest posts