Woodson toughs it out

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to see him putting forth the effort in camp. Imagine what his numbers might have been like last year if he hadn't needed the first five games of the season to get back into football shape.

But - for the love of God - find someone else to return punts!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

I liked Woodson ever since I seen that one hand INT in a college game. The fact that he's now a Packer and playing through pain is awesome! Not to mention that I don't have to trade a 1st rd pick in Madden to get him on my team now! :)

I agree, find someone else to return punts!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy is fast becoming my favorite Green Bay player man.

Plays through pain.
Dominates at his position.
Stays out of trouble
Keeps his mouth shut and just works.

hes got a great attitude to go with his immense talent... and to me, it seems as though he likes playing in Green Bay.
then i read that even if his shoulder starts acting up, he will just strap it up and go back to work... usually a guy with that much talent, is just gonna mail it in...

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DoddPower said:

What he said.

Jennings can return

Supposedly, so can Bodiford, Clowney, and Blackmon. Where are these guys? Jeez!

I guess if we get KRob back, that should solve it, but I seriously hate to see Chuckwood out there on anything but defensive snaps....

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Not saying that this has anything to do with it, But Woodson gets a pretty heavy bonus for every game he starts and plays... so there is incentive to suit up every game as well.

But it is refreshing to see a guy with the attitude to just suit up and play, that will have an effect on other guys on the roster, as Favre has on the O.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Not saying that this has anything to do with it, But Woodson gets a pretty heavy bonus for every game he starts and plays... so there is incentive to suit up every game as well.

But it is refreshing to see a guy with the attitude to just suit up and play, that will have an effect on other guys on the roster, as Favre has on the O.

He doesn't just show up though, he plays his *** off and in my opinion, he is earning his money.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I didn't mean it like he is only playing but moreso like playing regardless of the aches and pains. Yes at a high level to boot...

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must admit that I didn't expect this amount of effort or dedication from Charles when the Packers signed him. Actually, I thought it was a costly mistake. Aren't you glad I'm not the GM? He deserves all the pay he gets plus the respect of all Packer fans. And I very gladly will consume a heaping plateful of crow, lightly seasoned with embarrassment. Here's hoping he has many more fruitful years here.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson has regained my respect.

But he and Al Harris are still old. That's my beef. We're at the point where we're going to have to draft corners high again. Hopefully they don't end up like Antuan Edwards, Ahmad Carroll... etc.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson has regained my respect.

But he and Al Harris are still old. That's my beef. We're at the point where we're going to have to draft corners high again. Hopefully they don't end up like Antuan Edwards, Ahmad Carroll... etc.

Woodson is 30 years old and Harris is 32. They are in their primes. Barring injury, they should be able to play at or near their current level for two or three more years. I don't think the team needs to draft corners high just yet.

Woodson_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chuckwood is my favorite football player of all-time, it started because I'm a huge Michigan fan. But man it is good to see he is getting some good positive things said about him, I remember profootballtalk.com bad mouthing him about how he is over paid.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Woodson_fan said:
Chuckwood is my favorite football player of all-time, it started because I'm a huge Michigan fan. But man it is good to see he is getting some good positive things said about him, I remember profootballtalk.com bad mouthing him about how he is over paid.

Can you find me that article please? I'd like to shoot ole Mikey an email about it.

Members online

Latest posts