Woodson not returnning punts

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In Woodson's post-game comments, he mentioned\hinted at him returning punts again. He said "why not" or something similar. I hope MM gives him all the reasons to "why not."

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please Chuck, we need you healthy @ cornerback. Stay away from those psycho's on special teams who are trying to make an impression

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll tell you 2 good reasons besides injury that Woodson shouldn't be returning punts.

Woodson has 0 punt return TDs in '07 out of 33 attempts.

both Williams and Blackmon have 1 TD each out of 3 attempts each.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fully agree that since we have options that are capable and even dangerous that Wood should not be returning punts.... especially when hes a little dinged up.

I also know that MM trusts Wood not to make a muff or fumble.

I also know that Wood is saying this.......

"Taking it back over next week," Woodson said of punt returning. "

"However, it's difficult to see McCarthy exposing one of his most important players to that added injury risk again, especially considering Woodson's replacement, Will Blackmon, returned one punt 57 yards for a touchdown

i would think though that Blackmon will be back there next week. he earned it.

packfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. Blackmon is the guy we haven't had in a long time... The only time I'd like to see Woodson back there is if we need a fair catch. He is great at catching the ball. McCarthy wants to have someone back there he knows won't muff a punt in a key situation.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess you changed you opinon Packnic...that's good.

Packnic said

Post subject: Woodson should not..
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 05:18 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you cant play scared football. thats not how you win. Charles could cut his hand off at home carving the turkey... does that mean he shouldnt be able to go home?

If Chuckwood is the best option to return punts... thats the mother ****** i want back there. you cant win football games being scared of injuries. you gotta go out there, and be the hitter.... not worry about breaking your ankle.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
some may say that Woodson is now not the best option for a punt returner anymore, which would mean that Packnic has not changed his opinion.

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Chuck coming in on punts where he is standing on the 10 yard line. He has had way more reps and shouldn't be as likely to muff a punt but on anything returnable Blackmon needs to be in there.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In Woodson's post-game comments, he mentioned\hinted at him returning punts again. He said "why not" or something similar. I hope MM gives him all the reasons to "why not."

How about one reason? Will Blackmon

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
Zero2Cool said:
If Woodson wants to be on the field more I say we throw him in on some WR routes. No more Punt Returns.

You beat me to it.

6 wide outs?

well Cwood was promised this when he initially signed, i guess some WR and PR duties are what he needs to keep "Interested". We all know hes a terrible practice player but a great Gamer.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
Zero2Cool said:
If Woodson wants to be on the field more I say we throw him in on some WR routes. No more Punt Returns.

You beat me to it.

6 wide outs?

Not at the same time. ;)

Woodson has game smarts. I'd love to see what he can do in the open field after a well executed slant route.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts