Woodson donates $150K for scholarships

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WTG Chuck. 8)

http://www.packersnews.com/includes/newspaper/blogs/outofbounds/index.shtml

Packers cornerback Charles Woodson has donated $150,000 to his alma mater, the University of Michigan, to create two scholarships.

One of the scholarships honors his mother, Georgia. The other is set aside for students majoring in kinesiology, the science of human movement.

Both of the scholarships will go to incoming freshmen with financial needs from one of four communities -- Woodson's hometown of Fremont, Ohio; Detroit, the closest major city to the U of M; and Oakland, Calif., and Green Bay, where he's played in the NFL.

Woodson is only the third professional athlete to make such a gift to the university. His donation will be matched by the Presidential Scholarship Challenge.

Woodson_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has always been my favorite player of all time, ever since his buckeye killin days as a wolverine, and this just furthers why he is. It is a great time to be a Michigan fan, now only if Terrelle Pryor pulls a crazy move and commits to Michigan tomorrow.

Woodson_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got an authentic packers one on ebay for $20, brand new and probably the best jersey I've got, and I've got tons. As for a michigan chuckwood jersey, good luck finding one that isn't signed by him, and they all cost like $300, trust me, I've been looking.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now, i would say he just showed what it means to be a "Packer Person".
A VERY classy thing to do!!! :D

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Classy move from C-Wood but the requirements for the Scholarship are pretty obscure dont you think! :)

Members online