woodson broken collar bone

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I am usually one of the pessimistic posters. However, in this case, I am seeing the positives of this unfortunate injury.
  • As many have already posted-- the Packers should be able to go 2-0 over the next three weeks without Woodson. If they don't, then they don't deserve to gain a playoff berth. So, the injury happened at a reasonably good time.
  • This gives us a great opportunity to test drive the Packer secondary of the future. The future simply has happened a bit faster than plan. Not only does it give these youngsters some excellent experience now, but also gives the Packer brass a good look at them and some intel on what gaps we might have going forward.
  • This will keep an aging Woodson fresher for the end of the season and (hopefully) the playoffs when we will need his leadership and instincts the most.

I vote we make you the new headcoach ;)

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Source: JSOnline.com

The leadership, I would think, would be missed," Jacksonville coach Mike Mularkey said. "I know how well-coached they are; they'll have somebody step in there and they'll be just as efficient - but I don't know if you can make up for the leadership that will be lost with not having him on the field."

"Charles is not gone; he's just not on the field playing," said another veteran with nearly 200 games on his résumé, receiver Donald Driver. "He'll show that leadership on that sideline. He's done it at the Super Bowl and he'll do it once again."

Driver was referring to Super Bowl XLV when Woodson broke his collarbone the first time but still did his sideline duty of rallying the rest of the secondary. That presence will remain. There is some rehabilitation for this kind of injury, but Woodson will not be withdrawing as he rests and waits for his collarbone to heal.

"Shoot, he might be here now more than he's ever been," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Woodson didn't die.. he will be on the sidelines providing feedback and motivation. Sure, he won't be on the field in the huddle, but he will be as close as anyone can be to the action.

As noted by many, this stings some, but there are plenty of positive impacts, long term, for this to be tolerable.

I think we may have another blossoming leader on that defensive line, not ready yet, but Worthy has those types of qualities.. might be time for him, Matthews and Williams to flash some of that on field leadership with the tutor on the sidelines.

Members online

Latest posts