Wisconsin/Green Bay traditional foods?

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys Im from NY. I am working the day of the super bowl. One of the guys I work with has a tradition of cooking foods based on the teams (or regions the teams are from) in super bowl for a party thing at work. So we are trying to get a headstart and prep for the possibility of the Pack making it to the big show. So my question to you wisco or green bay guys is what are some traditional green bay foods that we could make/be good to make for the game???

I know this is probably in the wrong section, hopefully a mod moves it for me. Sorry!!!

GO PACK GO

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I have a question to the guys from WI as I too am from NY, why are brats traditionally a Wisconsin food?

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Brats with kraut, chicken booyah, brat and burger burgers, be sure to cook the brats in beer tho or if you going to grill them let the brats soak in beer. Also be sure you have a bunch of beer to drink also!!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
deep fry some cheese and your good to go. Also see if you can get some blackberry brandy, classic wisconsin drink

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Cranberry Wine, fried cheese curds, brats (cause they're german and there's alot of em here...also Johnsonville is here too...)with kraut, fish fry (fried Walleye), hush puppies, squeaky cheese, rye bread warmed with butter, beer (Miller, Leiny's, Spotted Cow or anything from New Glarus Brewing Co).....

UWPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a question to the guys from WI as I too am from NY, why are brats traditionally a Wisconsin food?

From Wikipedia:

"The bratwurst was popularized in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin in the 1920s. In general, each local butcher shop would take orders and hand make bratwurst fresh to be picked up on a particular day. <snip>

The bratwurst (or "brat") also became popular as a mainstay of sports stadiums after Bill Sperling introduced bratwurst to Major League Baseball in Milwaukee County Stadium in 1953. The bratwurst were such a hit, Sperling said, that Duke Snider of the Brooklyn Dodgers took a case back to New York.[7] Currently Miller Park in Milwaukee, Wisconsin is the only baseball stadium that sells more bratwurst than hot dogs."

You can't throw a rock in Wisconsin without hitting a butcher, a major commercial brand, or people making their own brats. I make my own :)

WIAmanda

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wisconsinmade.com has tons of foods made in Wisconsin and they ship nationwide. They ship things like cheese curds and kringle danish that you can only get in Wisconsin so its a great place to look if you are having a Wisconsin themed game day spread!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I had a link from years ago that shipped fried cheese curds,..(well not cooked yet) with specific directions to do them right! I can't find it now so that link there would be good to have!

I also had a link that had complete tailgaiting recipes from all over. That was fun while it lasted, but its no longer a valid link. :sad:

CheddarMelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another truly Nort'woods idea? Fish boil. Big pot over an open fire, throw in a bunch of fish. Drink beer until the chunks of fish float to the top. Really just an excuse to drink.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Another truly Nort'woods idea? Fish boil. Big pot over an open fire, throw in a bunch of fish. Drink beer until the chunks of fish float to the top. Really just an excuse to drink.
Around here, 1 pm is an excuse to drink, lol

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm stuck "behind enemy lines," and the barbarians here--they--they--(gasp!) they put ketchup on their bratwurst!
BLASPHEMY

Ill be making some Johnsonville Brats boiled in beer then grilled, may have to order some cheese curds from that site now too. Also be drinking some Lenies and any good Stouts I may be able to find from Wisconsin at the good local beer store.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Natures most perfect food "The Bratwurst". This was how health guru Jack Lalane described the brat a few years ago. If you don't believe me, you can ask him your . . . Oh, nevermind.

Beer is for drinking not for cooking. To me - it spoils the flavor of the brat to boil. Just cook your standard Johnsonville brat on the grill. I prefer potato buns and yes - KETCHUP!

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Natures most perfect food "The Bratwurst". This was how health guru Jack Lalane described the brat a few years ago. If you don't believe me, you can ask him your . . . Oh, nevermind.

Beer is for drinking not for cooking. To me - it spoils the flavor of the brat to boil. Just cook your standard Johnsonville brat on the grill. I prefer potato buns and yes - KETCHUP!
All of your opinions are null and void because you put Ketchup on your Brats, but I agree on the Potato Rolls

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Jack Lalane
Too soon, too soon..........:nono::cry:

When I was a kid, before RCA made the 18" satelite dishes we had 4 channels. His JUICE TIGER infomercials would come on and I'd usually watch it...Probably over 50 times, geez! I used to love that infomerical, lol

Members online

Latest posts