Winfield has sprained foot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
There are few cornerbacks more valuable than Antonio Winfield, which is why the Vikings were nervous about the results of his MRI taken after he injured his foot Monday. (It's believed Winfield's toe is specifically what is injured.The initial results...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winfield is on crutches?

Latest word is he is wearing a boot. That would be a big kink in the armour for him to be out for awhile. hasn't been ruled out for game at Pittsburg but it doesnt sound good

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what about Cedric Griffith or Benny Sapp? those are big time players that will give a heck of a hit. Your ageing secondary is not as good as the vikings. Al Harris has lost a step or two. Griffith is why we didn't offer the money like the saints did for Sharper

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what about Cedric Griffith or Benny Sapp? those are big time players that will give a heck of a hit. Your ageing secondary is not as good as the vikings. Al Harris has lost a step or two. Griffith is why we didn't offer the money like the saints did for Sharper
LOL at that. The rest of the NFL doesn't think that way. I think it was Brian Billick who said the Packers have the best secondary in the NFL. Tramon Williams would arguably start in your team. So would Woodson, Harris, Bigby and Collins...

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL at that. The rest of the NFL doesn't think that way. I think it was Brian Billick who said the Packers have the best secondary in the NFL. Tramon Williams would arguably start in your team. So would Woodson, Harris, Bigby and Collins...
What? that is hilarious! I would take antione winfield over harris anyday as he game is gone. Woodson is a stud but his days are so numbered. They got scorched by an old guy on a monday night just 2 weeks ago. Bigby and collins please,you make me laugh. Funny thing about it is according to packer fans you guys are the best at every position except O-line and yet your coming off a 6-10 season. Thanks for the good laugh though!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What? that is hilarious! I would take antione winfield over harris anyday as he game is gone. Woodson is a stud but his days are so numbered. They got scorched by an old guy on a monday night just 2 weeks ago. Bigby and collins please,you make me laugh. Funny thing about it is according to packer fans you guys are the best at every position except O-line and yet your coming off a 6-10 season. Thanks for the good laugh though!
I would take Winfield over Harris and that's it. And how can you say that Woodson have his days numbered when Winfield is one year younger than him? They didn't got scorched by him, Bigby didn't play and he had 5 seconds per play to pass. Let's see how you fare in Lambeau, shall we? Let's make a bet. If Green Bay wins, you don't talk smack for a month. If the queens win, I don't. What do you say? Or are you scared?

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would take Winfield over Harris and that's it. And how can you say that Woodson have his days numbered when Winfield is one year younger than him? They didn't got scorched by him, Bigby didn't play and he had 5 seconds per play to pass. Let's see how you fare in Lambeau, shall we? Let's make a bet. If Green Bay wins, you don't talk smack for a month. If the queens win, I don't. What do you say? Or are you scared?
Ok, but if you are building your season on one game that is sad. That game is the season because if the vikings win the turmoil and the Packer fans that are pro-Brett Favre are going to be all over ted Thompson,Mark Murphy and mike McCarthy. Lambeau is a tough place to play so there is a fair chance the packers will win after all Brett Favre was 6-10 at the Metrodome as a Packer so as much as this game will decide what team is better in your mind it is the body of work that will decide who is better to everybody else. I can already hear ya talking but I will let ya put your smack talking on the line. The Vikings have alot of work to do to be a great team as they have not put together 4 qtrs so I will roll the dice with Brett and AP. The Drama of this game will be real intense for sure and it should be a barn burner.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, but if you are building your season on one game that is sad. That game is the season because if the vikings win the turmoil and the Packer fans that are pro-Brett Favre are going to be all over ted Thompson,Mark Murphy and mike McCarthy. Lambeau is a tough place to play so there is a fair chance the packers will win after all Brett Favre was 6-10 at the Metrodome as a Packer so as much as this game will decide what team is better in your mind it is the body of work that will decide who is better to everybody else. I can already hear ya talking but I will let ya put your smack talking on the line. The Vikings have alot of work to do to be a great team as they have not put together 4 qtrs so I will roll the dice with Brett and AP. The Drama of this game will be real intense for sure and it should be a barn burner.
That game kind of is the season. Like you said, lose and the turmoil is unsurpassable. Win, and the team will have peace to work.

You're right, it's not just one game, it's the season. Not the record, the season. It does nothing to win the division and lose the first game in the playoffs. It only proves that one team is less bad than the other. But if one team is so much superior than the other, the team should be able to win at road, right?

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That game kind of is the season. Like you said, lose and the turmoil is unsurpassable. Win, and the team will have peace to work.

You're right, it's not just one game, it's the season. Not the record, the season. It does nothing to win the division and lose the first game in the playoffs. It only proves that one team is less bad than the other. But if one team is so much superior than the other, the team should be able to win at road, right?
This isn't college. There is great athletes on every team in the NFL. I don't think the Vikings are that great or a SB team but I wouldn't count them out. They have alot of work to do. I feel right now the Saints are the best in the NFC

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To get to the superbowl the Vikes will need Dome field advantage IMO.Injurys may dictate who wins the NFC because if Brees,Manning or Favre go down they are not the same team. If Aaron Rodgers goes down the pack are not the same team and with Rodgers getting pounded game in and game out that is very possible. We still have 11 weeks to go so it is real early to talk about playoffs. This game will be huge! Thompson,Murphy and McCarthy are already called "the three stooges" by Packer fans so it will get real ugly if they don't win. Last year Viking fans were wearing "fire this idiot" shirts for Childress so that is the way it is.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

These guys are AWFUL pass defenders. Even with that stupendous and ferocious pass rush, the Minnesota secondary is continually exposed for what it is: A major, major liability.

This is honesty in action, not kool-aid ingested homerism. Minnesota hasn't had a solid secondary for as long as I can remember. Why, suddenly, over this past season has everybody forgotten this? All we hear is how dominant the Vikings' defense is, yet we see year in and year out that Minnesota gives up LOTs of yards and points.

This is going to hamstring the Vikings chances in the post season. They can score on offense, but to expect Brett Favre to pull wins outta his rear end week in and week out is foolish, at best.

If I were a legitimate Vikings' fan, I would resign myself to the fact that the Vikings are just not completely "dominant" enough yet to win a Super Bowl. Also, they'd be best served focusing on a playoff victory and fixing that secondary with SOLID free agents in 2010. Can't fix two safety positions in one draft.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These guys are AWFUL pass defenders. Even with that stupendous and ferocious pass rush, the Minnesota secondary is continually exposed for what it is: A major, major liability.

This is honesty in action, not kool-aid ingested homerism. Minnesota hasn't had a solid secondary for as long as I can remember. Why, suddenly, over this past season has everybody forgotten this? All we hear is how dominant the Vikings' defense is, yet we see year in and year out that Minnesota gives up LOTs of yards and points.

This is going to hamstring the Vikings chances in the post season. They can score on offense, but to expect Brett Favre to pull wins outta his rear end week in and week out is foolish, at best.

If I were a legitimate Vikings' fan, I would resign myself to the fact that the Vikings are just not completely "dominant" enough yet to win a Super Bowl. Also, they'd be best served focusing on a playoff victory and fixing that secondary with SOLID free agents in 2010. Can't fix two safety positions in one draft.
what? your insane. Cedric griffith will knock the numbers off the jersey. So Favre carving up Green Bay and harris & co are suppose to be good? your hilarious as a know it all. Can you read? how many times have I said today that Minny is not a superbowl team. The fact is Just about every defensive secondary in the league is getting carved up by Good QB's with the rules in place. So take off your fake hilda braids and put your green and gold pom-poms on your hands as I know what to expect out of the vikings. Where is the shutdown corners in the league? where is the standout secondarys? come on you seem to know it all so educate us poser. Your hilarious

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what? your insane. Cedric griffith will knock the numbers off the jersey.

Cornerbacks are oftentimes only as good as the safeties backing them up.

As far as insanity, I hate to get all factual on yer butt, but here is Minnesota's pass defense ranks to date:

#24 against the Pass, allowing a staggering 20.2 points per game to opposing passing offenses, 250 passing yards per game, 9 TD's surrendered and opposing QB Rating of 91. You're right - that is insanity!!!:happy0005:

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cornerbacks are oftentimes only as good as the safeties backing them up.

As far as insanity, I hate to get all factual on yer butt, but here is Minnesota's pass defense ranks to date:

#24 against the Pass, allowing a staggering 20.2 points per game to opposing passing offenses, 250 passing yards per game, 9 TD's surrendered and opposing QB Rating of 91. You're right - that is insanity!!!:happy0005:
Funny how it is not cedric or antione that they target. Funny how the Vikings have been up by big scores and have installed a prevent defense in the 4th qtr. Do you know what a prevent defense is? That is you allow the short passes and defend the long ball so your stats are inflated. Watch some games. The Vikings have been up by big scores and shut brett down in the 4th qtr haven't they? Your hilarious Rodgers picked up a bunch of garbage yards as did Boller as did flacco so that has alot to do with your inflated stats. They have some problems but most of those yards in the 4 qtr against a prevent defense and if you don't see that you are uninformed. Chilly ball has got to stop and keep attacking and those yards will fall off.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wow a team down by three scores gets some yards on a prevent defense. I am shocked. you make me laugh

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winfield did not participate in practice and AP and Harvin are listed as limited participation. They'll probably play but Percy won't be returning any kicks I think. The line is Pitts -4. GB -7 but when I looked just now the GB game was off the board, don't know what's up with that, unless it's the injurys, Clifton etc. Rodgers even listed for foot but full participation

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow a team down by three scores gets some yards on a prevent defense. I am shocked. you make me laugh

Actually, my goal was to get you think thru things rationally and not thru purple-colored goggles.

You're gonna be a tough egg to crack because your loyalty to the Vikings severely clouds your better judgment.

A troubling pattern has developed with the Minnesota's pass defense which has something to do with prevent defenses, but more to do with a lack of talent in the secondary - which positions? You can decide, but if it isn't Winfield and Griffin, then it obviously points to the safeties and linebackers. Expect Heath Miller to have a big game against a Vikings linebacking corps allowing a ridiculous amount of production to opposing tight ends -- an average of 7 catches, 86 yards and 0.7 TDs per game.

I provide this information to you so that you don't throw things at your TV on Sunday. It will be a shootout.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, my goal was to get you think thru things rationally and not thru purple-colored goggles.

You're gonna be a tough egg to crack because your loyalty to the Vikings severely clouds your better judgment.

A troubling pattern has developed with the Minnesota's pass defense which has something to do with prevent defenses, but more to do with a lack of talent in the secondary - which positions? You can decide, but if it isn't Winfield and Griffin, then it obviously points to the safeties and linebackers. Expect Heath Miller to have a big game against a Vikings linebacking corps allowing a ridiculous amount of production to opposing tight ends -- an average of 7 catches, 86 yards and 0.7 TDs per game.

I provide this information to you so that you don't throw things at your TV on Sunday. It will be a shootout.
Where have I ever said they were a superbowl team? I have said the north could be a three team race countless times. I also stated I would like all three getting with both wildcards so how rational do you want me to be? If you think you can blame quick slants on the secondary you are not thinking rational. Flacco and Rodgers had some big plays but the yards after catch is what is killing them. The Linebackers are having trouble with athletic guys like Heep over the middle. Boller was hitting those pretty well as was Flacco and rodgers. We still have a high powered offense and I wouldn't count them out at this pt. in the season!

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where have I ever said they were a superbowl team? I have said the north could be a three team race countless times. I also stated I would like all three getting with both wildcards so how rational do you want me to be? If you think you can blame quick slants on the secondary you are not thinking rational. Flacco and Rodgers had some big plays but the yards after catch is what is killing them. The Linebackers are having trouble with athletic guys like Heep over the middle. Boller was hitting those pretty well as was Flacco and rodgers. We still have a high powered offense and I wouldn't count them out at this pt. in the season!

Yes, I agree the North will come down to Green Bay and Minnesota and which team can make the best adjustments.

However, I found an interesting piece today that takes the following into consideration in the form of a type of RPI (Rating Percentage Index - somewhat similar to the current BCS college rankings) to determine the current rankings of NFL teams: Where RPI = (.25 x WP) + (.5 x OWP) + (.25 x OOWP):
* (WP) = Winning Percentage
* (OWP) = Opponent's Winning Percentage
* (OOWP) = Opponent's Opponent's Winning Percentage

COMPUTED RESULTS:

1. Denver
2. MINNESOTA
3. Cincy
4. Atlanta
5. New Orleans
6. New England
7. Pittsburgh
8. CHICAGO
9. GREEN BAY
10. Baltimore

Based on these results, it appears the NFC North is pretty doggone competitive thus far. Sure, one could argue the weight of each variable in the formula, but this appears to be a far better method of determining which teams are playing at the highest level rather than listening to talking heads pull stuff outta their rear ends and basically guessing which teams have the most game.

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Winfield apparently won't go

When the Minnesota Vikings line up against the pass-happy Steelers (that should work really well once the weather turns in Pittsburgh), the Vikings most likely won't have cornerback Antoine Winfield.The Pro Bowler is in a walking boot due to a...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The team that is 2 1/2 games out 6 games in, the packers QB?

That 1/2 game will be taken care of on Nov 1, and after GB's week 9 win, on the Vikes bye week, GB will take care of the last one of the two.

Members online

Latest posts