1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Willis McGahee

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by HatestheEagles084, Mar 2, 2007.

1. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm surprised...

Every player, coach, broadcaster, mascot that is on the market has a thread speculating how they will most likely end up in Green Bay...we've got one player on the market who hasnt been mentioned who I think would be a great fit here...

Mcgahee's (agent's) desire to have him traded over the last two weeks has come up, today on ESPN I read how the Bills are having trouble finding a team thats interested, it sounds like the highest offer they've recieved is a 4th round pick...that's a lean price to pay I think

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=4481

His production dropped off but only due to lack of carries...the Bills didn't run much at all, only 400 carries as a team (259-McGahee, 100-Anthony Thomas), I think a 3rd rounder for Willis McGahee is something that would be worth considering, then let Ahman sign elsewhere and we get 6 years younger at tailback...
  2. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I dont know why but I have always looked at Willis McGahee and saw some comparisions with Ahman Green. If Green is gone for good I think the pack should give him a shot.
  3. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't be the least bit disappointed if we obtained McGahee for a 3rd round pick, but I doubt it's in the cards for us.
  4. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would rather spend a 3rd round pick on Willis over Moss
  5. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    it makes more sense because we're more in need of a running back than a reciever, McGahee would be a threat for us right away
  6. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't. McGahee is going to demand a huge contract. He wants to be paid as an elite back and he's not on a level of Shaun Alexander. His agent is Drew Rosenhaus and we all saw how it worked out with Javon Walker. McGahee is no doubt worth a 3rd round pick but if Randy Moss is willing to restructure his contract to 4 or 5 mil a year then I rather have Moss.

John Clayton reported on the radio last night that restructuring Moss’ deal isn't going to be a problem but agreeing on a compensation would be.
  7. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  8. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well said Porky, I was wondering if his agent was Drew because I remember all these articles after WM got drafted about how Drew did a great job as his agent to keep him in round 1 and etc.

I read somewhere that there are still concerns with McGahee's knee, and how much longevity he will have ...

Also I'm not sure if a small town like GB would be the best place for him...
  9. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
    Ratings:
    +154 / 1 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:

not exactly, we're loose on both ends. Maybe we could snag both? I doubt it though