Willie Wood Selling Hall of Fame Ring

Reaction score
It's sad when you see someone sell his most cherished item to get out of financial problems. Maybe someone will buy it and then give it back to him? :) it has happened before

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
25% of proceeds go to this nonprofit, which sucks that it exists and it shouldn't have to.
Players give their bodies like that for sport or entertainment and then end up getting the shaft from the same leauge that wanted them to play? *Tsk-Tsk*
About this nonprofit:
The Gridiron Greats Assistance Fund is a 501 (c) (3), non profit, humanitarian organization that has been established to provide financial assistance and coordination of social services to retired NFL players who are in dire need. The mission of the Gridiron Greats Assistance Fund is focused on the humanitarian side of post-football related issues. Financial support and hands-on social services are provided. Financial aid is provided for medical and the basic necessities of life.

Is it Willie Wood selling the ring through a second party?
Read the print below the listing.

This Ring I have up for sale belonged to a person who more than other signifies a winner and a Champion. I have for sale the Original 1989 NFL Hall of Fame belonging to Green Bay Packer Great Willie Wood.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
It really ****** me off that the current players and players unions and thier agents crap on the men who made this game what it is today. they should to the man be donating at least 10% of what they make to support these guys who built this game while working jobs to support themselves in the offseason. Sad Sad situation. But then so is everyone running around with ribbons saying support our troops while there is a tent city of homeless vets.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
In all honesty they make a lot of money in their careers. If there isn't a retirement fund then every player should be required to have a financial advisor (someone who can help them be set up for retirement).

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In all honesty they make a lot of money in their careers. If there isn't a retirement fund then every player should be required to have a financial advisor (someone who can help them be set up for retirement).
As a financial advisor, first thing I'd tell them is to start shopping at thrift stores and consider buying used cars instead of that brand new Porsche.
Money does strange things to people and for some reason it makes them want to spend it all right away on things that they may not really need.
I dunno why the rich feel like they have to buy super expensive things when you can get practically the same thing for a much lower price.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not really much of a ring collector but if I was I would stick to SB rings. Should start seeing a ton on the market with the economy and the age of some of these guys.

Willie Wood Jr.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wanted to update the fans...Willie Wood is not selling the ring and is not in financial trouble! We believe that his ring was stolen and is being sold. We are currently investigating the situation.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wanted to update the fans...Willie Wood is not selling the ring and is not in financial trouble! We believe that his ring was stolen and is being sold. We are currently investigating the situation.
Good news! (that he is doing okay, and that you may get it back!)

Welcome, by the way, hope you stick around. I'm betting you have some great insights in Packer history.

Members online

Latest posts