William Henderson was injured (out 3-6 weeks)

showstopper4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as reported on jsonline and kffl, william henderson injured his knee, hopefully its minor, anyone see him limp off or anything?? We need the henderson hurdle this year.....

Reaction score
Re: William Henderson was injured shittttt

showstopper4 said:
as reported on jsonline and kffl, william henderson injured his knee, hopefully its minor, anyone see him limp off or anything?? We need the henderson hurdle this year.....

:shock: More info anyone?

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Im guessing you will have to wait tell tomorrow for an update

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

At half time McCarthy said there was nothing severe. So hopefully it's nothing. If not then Vonte Leach needs too step up and someone should probably be brought in.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score

To be perfectly honest, I didn't know Henderson was injured I thought they pulled him due to his play. He totally whiffed on at least 2 or 3 blocks in the first couple of series which was a big reason Davenport couldn't gain any yards. William has had better nights.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: William Henderson was injured

I did't know that Henderson was injured, Porky is right though Vonta Leach should step up to me he didn't look like he was playing his best and dropped too many passes.

OP
OP
S

showstopper4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

come game time it dont matter, cause henderson and leach come to play, we've seem em play and there monsters.

OP
OP
S

showstopper4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

damn, henderson's out for 3-6...we still got leach, but we neeeed henderson. packersnews.com

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

WH going down is a big blow to the offense but Leach has blocked better this TC and needs to focus a little more to catch the ball. This might be a blessing in disguise for Leach as he'll get the job temporarily until #33 gets back...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: William Henderson injured (out 3-6 weeks)

we have leach,beach, herron

they should do ok till he gets back.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: William Henderson injured (out 3-6 weeks)

tromadz said:
we have leach,beach, herron

they should do ok till he gets back.

Yeah, but this still sucks trom. Man I hate injuries !!!

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just heard on espn that he is out 2-3 weeks i hope that can be the case rather than 3-6

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packers | Henderson may only miss two or three weeks
Mon, 21 Aug 2006 19:01:30 -0700

Chris Jenkins, of the Associated Press, reports Green Bay Packers FB William Henderson (knee) had arthroscopic knee surgery Monday, Aug. 21, and will be out two to three weeks, Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy said Monday. McCarthy said he hoped Henderson, who has missed only two games in his Packers career, will be back in time for the Sept. 10 season opener against Chicago. "Were expecting him back as soon as possible," McCarthy said. "If anyone can get back in a quick, timely fashion, it would be William."

Reaction score
Hold your horses, I'm coming....

Per Packersfan43084:

Packersfan43084 said:
Henderson out 2-3 weeks after knee scope

NFL.com wire reports

GREEN BAY, Wis. (Aug. 21, 2006) -- Veteran fullback William Henderson had arthroscopic knee surgery and will be out two to three weeks, Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy said.

Henderson injured his knee during the team's preseason game against Atlanta.

McCarthy said he hoped Henderson, who has missed only two games in his Packers career, will be back in time for the Sept. 10 season opener against Chicago.

"We're expecting him back as soon as possible," McCarthy said. "If anyone can get back in a quick, timely fashion, it would be William."

Henderson, 35, has spent all 11 of his NFL seasons in Green Bay.

"William has been a good football player here for a long time, both in the locker room and on the field," McCarthy said. "He's a big part of the direction we're going here, so obviously we want to get him back as soon as possible."

With Henderson out, the Packers may rely more on backup fullback Vonta Leach -- though Leach dropped a sure touchdown pass against Atlanta.

Coaches also have been using some of their tight ends and running backs at fullback. Running backs Samkon Gado and Noah Herron could see playing time at fullback in the team's preseason game in Cincinnati.

"It's unfortunate that we're missing William right now, but we've got to pick up the slack for him," Herron said. "It's part of being a running back group, and as deep as we are, we have the guys that can be interchangeable."

Gado admits that he'd much rather run with the ball than block for somebody else, but says he is willing to do whatever is asked of him.

"Let's not kid ourselves: I'd rather be carrying the ball," Gado said. "But honestly, it's really not about me. I had to get over that, because part of me wants to do nothing but play running back. But honestly, I have to get past myself. So that's no problem."

Gado saw Henderson on Aug. 21 and said his spirits were up.

"Thankfully, it's not a season-ending injury and he'll be back early in the season and he'll be able to play a lot of games," Gado said.

This is great news! Hopefully he'll be ready Week 1.

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I'm feeling just a little better - still bad news though! :cry:

On the other hand, how 'bout that Gado quote:

"Let's not kid ourselves: I'd rather be carrying the ball," Gado said. "But honestly, it's really not about me. I had to get over that."

The guy is counter-cultural :wink:

Chris

Members online

Latest posts