Will you root the next non-favre QB?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
You must be kidding. Basketball involves 5 players on the court at one time, playing both offense and defense. Football involves 11 players at a time for offense, another 11 for defense, plus special teams. No football player can ever have the impact of Michael Jordan. Favre came about as close as anyone, but it still wasn't very close. Numbers just don't allow it to happen.

lol

:twisted:

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care how "good" a QB AR is. In Football its the whole team, the system, which is either good or not for any QB. It starts with the front 5. If they can get holes opened for a running game and offer enough time via pass protection, than you can plug and play an O.K. QB who'll look good. Look at Favre this year. I still think he's got the tools. Our OL was suspect, it deteriorated our run game and we had one talented WR all season. If Favre couldn't make it work this year no one could. Even if you could build some cyborg QB made up of all the great attributes of the best 5 QB's, if they aren't in a good system they'll be weak. We have some fixing to do in the system before we worry about how good any QB is. right now we would be better off with a Vince Young guy, because they'll be running for their life.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will look at the Packers differently without Favre,,lets all admit it he made watching football a blast, he was exiciting to watch....sure hope the next QB is that way,,,just watching other football teams to me they are boring without watching Favre,,I know I will probably get crap about what I am saying here,,,but with Brett you always had a chance to win...and just seeing that big ole grin on his face was so worth watching,,I dont think any QB comes close to him and maybe never will...

Someone that I work with today said Brett should play with the Steelers,,,Brett as QB and then all the good support he would have it would be a superbowl team...hes right,,,,so many people have their own personal team that they support,,,but I still hear from so many that Favre is the greatest,,,and in my viewpoint noone will come close to what hes all achieved..just him as a person alone, hes just one of a kind..

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I will look at the Packers differently without Favre,,lets all admit it he made watching football a blast, he was exiciting to watch....sure hope the next QB is that way,,,just watching other football teams to me they are boring without watching Favre,,I know I will probably get crap about what I am saying here,,,but with Brett you always had a chance to win...and just seeing that big ole grin on his face was so worth watching,,I dont think any QB comes close to him and maybe never will..."

No Crap given here, Brett was one of a kind. Good Post.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talented QB's are rare. Look at the decades between a Johnny Unitas and Peyton Manning. The era of replacing the Scott Hunters with John Hadl and Jim Del Gazo trades are upon us.

A talent like Favre's is so rare I just do not understand the jubilation in throwing it away early.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course I root for Rodgers--mainly so I don't have to hear everyone on here squeal "oh Vince Young, oh Matt Leinart, oh Brady Quinn"...Rodgers had a shaky outing first time out, but he played with a shell of an NFL team around him

I'm interested to see how Rodgers will do, whenever that may be...A lot of Thompson's picks have come thru so far--and in my opinion Rodgers was the best QB out there in '05, I wish that pick were Odell Thurman, but what do I know

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
like i've always said...i was a packer fan long before brett & i'll be one until i die. i'll never forget when don (majic) majokowski (sp?) went down with his injury - i thought we were sunk for sure - then along comes this young punk, brett favre & the rest is history!! the packers will have some rough seasons ahead & then with proper drafting, we'll be dominating the division once again. :mrgreen: :towel:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi Heather!
Yup 4pack! (Don;t you have that drank down to a 3pack yet???Must have started out as a CASE!!! LOLOL!) I also have been a Packer fan since i was a yung'in.............so i sure as heck don't plan on jumping ship if Brett hangs up his cleats. I will still cheer them on, as i always have.

Members online

Latest posts