Will Wynn Start?

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knew if he was going to start on sunday or if maybe he was going to receive more playing time just curious

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't heard a word, so I'm assuming Jackson is still the starter. If there's any change in RB playing time going into this next game, I'm anticipating a larger role for Ryan Grant.

If Morency comes back, things will get interesting, as there will then be three RB's who are on fairly equal footing, with Grant possibly crashing the rotation as well.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Wynn should start, by season end he will be our lead RB in yards amazed.

I thik Mo will end in IR pretty soon, but it seems that Teddy is very stuborn, but after week 4 or 5 without playing a down he must accept his mystake and send him to IR and out of the packers roster for good.

That will leave us with Wynn, Grant and Jackson in that order if you ask me.

Anyway if this happens Teddy might have missed on Mo and not hitted a HR with Jackson but he will be right with Wynn and Grant, enough for this ego.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read somewhere (JS story maybe, I read too many articles) that Wynn played more snaps than Jackson last week. Its easy to understand why considering they prefer him to Jackson in the shotgun set, which is what we used the majority of the time. Wynn probably won't start this week, but he'll likely again take the most snaps.

Its just my hunch based of interviews, but I really don't think MM is as down on Jackson as many Packer fans seem to be.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because of the length of time Morency has been out, i'd have to think it is a mistake if they just throw him right back into the mix. ease him in.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that I read on sporting news that Wynn will get some more snaps in this weeks game because MM was impressed with his preformance. I do not believe that it said that he would start. But I think according to that read, Wynn is going to get more snaps than Jackson. Good call!!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all I think putting Mo on IR too early would be a mistake taking into consideration he is the only guy at all with any experience.

Secondly, he was the #1 back until he got hurt and has been very close to getting the nod. A small amount of swelling they are being cautious with.

I think none of the thinking here has anything to do with TT having suck it up and admit he's made a "mistake". The guy worked his brains out the entire pre-season to take the RB position over.

In any other case a knee injury is a misfortunate event but this is a "mistake" on the part of the GM?

Reaction score
I have no clue.

Wynn is more assignment sure (good thing with the blitzing Chargers D).

But I still think B-Jack is our home-run threat, more-so than Wynn anyway (yes, I know that sounds REALLY stupid).

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all I think putting Mo on IR too early would be a mistake taking into consideration he is the only guy at all with any experience.

Secondly, he was the #1 back until he got hurt and has been very close to getting the nod. A small amount of swelling they are being cautious with.

I think none of the thinking here has anything to do with TT having suck it up and admit he's made a "mistake". The guy worked his brains out the entire pre-season to take the RB position over.

In any other case a knee injury is a misfortunate event but this is a "mistake" on the part of the GM?

To add to that, war- MM has said the last two weeks that if this were the playoffs, Mo would play.

That says it all right there in regards to the IR question, IMO.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I have no clue.

Wynn is more assignment sure (good thing with the blitzing Chargers D).

But I still think B-Jack is our home-run threat, more-so than Wynn anyway (yes, I know that sounds REALLY stupid).

I understand what you are saying but I guess until B-Jack actually does something Wynn should start. Maybe that will light a fire or something. The O-Line is really bad and I think Wynn is better suited to realize when there is nothing there to just put your head down and grind out a tough yard or two while B-Jack just dances and gets nothing. He also gives BF a little more protection. I really don't have much hope for Mo at this point. The guy is a walking injury and I can't see him being an every down back even if healthy.

Go with Wynn for now and start holding the O-Line accountable for missing assignments.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure Wynn will get more reps than he normally would have going into Sunday.

say Wynn was gonna get 10 carries. He now gets 13.

in this pass heavy offense, thats a helluva difference!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

I have to disagree. Whether he has the most experience or not, it doesn't mater if he's not on the field. He was injured in a part time role last season and this season didn't even make the field yet.

I don't think Morency is a mistake on the GM.

I'm saying if Morency doesn't show signs of improvement, sit him in favor of someone else IF that player can add something to the team. If Morency being on the 53 isn't costing us anything other than an inactive roster spot, I say no to IR.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
?

How much experience did Mo really have, I believe it is like 3 career starts, Bjack will match that number this week. Mo only has under 200 career carries, so it lead me to ask...

How much can he really bring to the table to help us. He has been dinged for 3 staight years in the pros.. maybe his career will turn around, maybe not.

Reaction score
I understand what you are saying but I guess until B-Jack actually does something Wynn should start. Maybe that will light a fire or something. The O-Line is really bad and I think Wynn is better suited to realize when there is nothing there to just put your head down and grind out a tough yard or two while B-Jack just dances and gets nothing. He also gives BF a little more protection. I really don't have much hope for Mo at this point. The guy is a walking injury and I can't see him being an every down back even if healthy.

Go with Wynn for now and start holding the O-Line accountable for missing assignments.

That's the reason that makes me think Wynn will start and see more reps.

I really like B-Jack, I'm a huge fan of his despite him being only a rookie. But at this point it's about what puts the team in the best position to win, and it's hard arguing that starting Wynn is worse than starting B-Jack.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me, Wynn has shown more ability to break a big run. Plus he has some nifty moves. I think he will get more and more reps as the season goes on...........unless B-Jack suddenly expodes.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
?

How much experience did Mo really have, I believe it is like 3 career starts, Bjack will match that number this week. Mo only has under 200 career carries, so it lead me to ask...

How much can he really bring to the table to help us. He has been dinged for 3 staight years in the pros.. maybe his career will turn around, maybe not.

He was there last year and came in to replace Green without having full grasp of the offense and did pretty well. He was there the off-season the whole time working with the RB's coach. I know it's slim pickens around there for experience but he does have more than anybody else.

It sounded to me from hearing the talk before the season Mo put more time in the weight room and training than anybody. He produced more runs than Green last year over twenty yards and I also trust him the most covering Brett's butt back there in protection.

Brett's INT intended for Bubba in the Philly game was meant to go to Jackson on a center screen. He spent too much time blocking the guy at the line before releasing and Favre got pressured and sent it down the middle. Not all Jackson's fault but he didn't get where he needed to.

There are very small things like this that has to be avoided when you play in big games like we have Sunday and what we will see if we make the playoffs. I, for one, would certainly want Mo when it get's to that vs. all rookies.

And I like every single one of the three young guys we have.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are different style of runners. One is more elusive and the other is more power. The Packers should use both and play them off of one another. They should give Wynn more carries but Jackson is better in the passing downs and is a nice change of pace. I'd also like to see them use Ryan Grant some more.

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Wynn will start, but I do see his carries being upped. I think B-Jack will do fine once he stops that dancing around he does when there's nothing there.

If anyone could find a stat comparing Jackson to Wynn negative carries, I would like to see it. Someone else said that Wynn knows more to see nothing there and just lower the pads and get what he can, and I agree.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a gut feeling this is the game where Brandon Jackson and the O-Line finally turn it on a bit. I don't know why, against San Diego, but something tells me they'll step up to the challenge.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
There are very small things like this that has to be avoided when you play in big games like we have Sunday and what we will see if we make the playoffs. I, for one, would certainly want Mo when it get's to that vs. all rookies.

And I like every single one of the three young guys we have.

I am all in favor of experience, I really wonder how much more Mo gives us than say a Wynn or Jackson. They are all green and Mo didn't have a chance to make alot of mistakes because he played in spot duty.

We built a little more of a running game last week with another game under the belt of Jackson and Wynn, so why not keep churning down that path.

If Mo was a seasoned proven back, then I say take the rooks off the field, but I don't think he is that back right now. That is not saying don't play him (mo) at all, but just rotate him in at times. Let the best back play the majority.. and yes that is an overall game. Running, blocking, catching, etc...

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems to me that Jackson should still be the starting RB. Some of the problems this past week were caused by the OL.
While Wynn stats look good 10 carries 50 yards 2 TD (I hope he gets 3 TD's this week, all receptions of course.) take out the 38 yard run on 3rd and 6 with the defense set up for pass protection and his numbers (9 carries for 12 yards) are not any better than Jackson's 17 carries 35 yards).

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it does boil down to the young guys I think Wynn will win, either sooner, or later. Right now, to me, he LOOKS more like an NFL back than Jackson who looks like a college back making the transition to the pros.

You can tell Wynn is a better athlete hands down after watching them both run it. Wynn moves more easily and finds spots. Jackson is not as instintive. He runs hard but I don't think he see's the field like Wynn.

Those plays when we are sitting there looking down on the field and see a crease open up and yell "there, go there", Wynn is more likely to see that and obey our command than Jackson right now.

I mean I yell "there, go there". Do you yell "there, go there?" Cause I yell "right there, go there." Of course I pace and stand in front of the TV on big plays as well.

My wife doesn't like football. I wonder why that is?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect that if Wynn played on first and second downs and they brought in Jackson on third downs, their performance levels would be reversed. Jackson has had very little room to run. Wynn has had more. I really think that accounts for most of the difference.

Members online

Latest posts