Will Weather be a factor in Saturday's game against the Vikings?

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Though he sees many advantages to playing at home this Saturday against Minnesota, Packers receiver Greg Jennings also didn't mind previous playoff runs that went through warmer cities or domed stadiums. In fact, he saw advantages to being on the road.

Source: JSOnline.com

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Eli Manning and Michael Vick have done a lot to puncture the notion that Lambeau Field gives the Packers a home-field advantage that’s impossible to overcome in recent years and now a member of the Packers is saying that he’d just as soon play on the road than play at home in the playoffs. Wide…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saturday's forecast is between 25 and 16 degrees without snow.

I have a tendency to think that the Pack is more of a Dome team than most dome teams. We are built around the pass first.

The Vikings can obviously run the ball, which is usually affected less (negatively) by bad or cold weather.

I think that even though it's clearly a Packer home game and that advantage goes to the Pack, the weather plays to the Vikings advantage. Cold weather also takes the crowd out of the game more as well.

What are your thoughts?

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
I checked weather.com and it don't look like it according to them. 28 degrees and an 8 MPH wind from the west. If that is correct I don't think the weather will help or hurt.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Saturday's forecast is between 25 and 16 degrees without snow.

I have a tendency to think that the Pack is more of a Dome team than most dome teams. We are built around the pass first.

The Vikings can obviously run the ball, which is usually affected less (negatively) by bad or cold weather.

I think that even though it's clearly a Packer home game and that advantage goes to the Pack, the weather plays to the Vikings advantage. Cold weather also takes the crowd out of the game more as well.

What are your thoughts?
I think the Vikings are a clear dome team whereas we practice outdoors with a QB who is excellent at making outdoor adjustments.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weather is more or less a myth when people talking about it affecting a game. I watched Tom Brady play one of the best games of his career in a blizzard.

Heavy Fog would be the only thing that would affect play calling to an extreme amount.

Mud would slow down everything and might hurt a run game I guess.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like our chances we have a good run game now. I also feel like AP won't get the yards he got last week as far as the weather the cold won't bother the pack they played in it before.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anything it will make tackling AP even worse. I couldn't imagine tackling him in 16 degree weather... ouch. Packers players have come out and said that they don't like playing in the cold. I don't blame them. The cold weather thing is a myth, as stated above.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I checked weather.com and it don't look like it according to them. 28 degrees and an 8 MPH wind from the west. If that is correct I don't think the weather will help or hurt.
High of 28, but game time is about 3 hours after sundown. Should be about 20-22 at kickoff dropping to upper teens by the end. As long as the wind stays calm and chocolate stays hot, I'm good. Hate it when my beer freezes.

APGu28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like our chances we have a good run game now. I also feel like AP won't get the yards he got last week as far as the weather the cold won't bother the pack they played in it before.

First of all, I come in peace. I know it seems impossible, but I lived in Wisconsin being a Vikings fan for a long time so I can get along with Packers fans.

I don't see why you wouldn't expect AP to not repeat Sunday's performance? He has done that twice this season. Why not a third season for quite possibly the best RB of all-time?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, I come in peace. I know it seems impossible, but I lived in Wisconsin being a Vikings fan for a long time so I can get along with Packers fans.

I don't see why you wouldn't expect AP to not repeat Sunday's performance? He has done that twice this season. Why not a third season for quite possibly the best RB of all-time?
Welcome, and I always like seeing other teams fans in here, except after they beat us and want to rub salt in our wounds.

I lived in Minnesota for the whole 80's & 90's so I hate the Vikings and their fair-weather fans. I do, however, like and respect their loyal fans.

But I hate the Vikings period, except I love Peterson and like Ponder, Greenway, Rudolph. They're good people and Peterson isn't afraid to preach the gospel like many other so-called Christians are. But that's another story.

I don't see us holding Peterson to less than 150 anyway, anyhow, unless he takes a shot to the ACL or high ankle sprain again.

They block too well, the FB is good, our ILBs suck against him, and almost all our DB's are thin and soft and tackle like Deion Sanders. You need strong DBs like Seattle has to stop this guy. And a great ILB like a Desmond Bishop.

I want see this from Hawk or Brad Jones? this Saturday:

APGu28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome, and I always like seeing other teams fans in here, except after they beat us and want to rub salt in our wounds.

I lived in Minnesota for the whole 80's & 90's so I hate the Vikings and their fair-weather fans. I do, however, like and respect their loyal fans.

But I hate the Vikings period, except I love Peterson and like Ponder, Greenway, Rudolph. They're good people and Peterson isn't afraid to preach the gospel like many other so-called Christians are. But that's another story.

I don't see us holding Peterson to less than 150 anyway, anyhow, unless he takes a shot to the ACL or high ankle sprain again.

They block too well, the FB is good, our ILBs suck against him, and almost all our DB's are thin and soft and tackle like Deion Sanders. You need strong DBs like Seattle has to stop this guy. And a great ILB like a Desmond Bishop.

I want see this from Hawk or Brad Jones? this Saturday:

Thank you for the welcoming.

I feel the same way about Jennings and Rodgers. They are just too good not to like.

I agree. I just can't see the Packers holding Peterson less than 150. However, I do somewhat expect a defeat. The stakes are much different and it is away. While the Vikings would have won in Lambeau early in the season if it weren't for Ponder, I just have a hard time seeing the Vikings beating the Packers this week. If they get down by 14 at any point, it is game over. Hopefully it is just the pessimistic approach that I have learned to develop from being a fan of Minnesota sports teams, but I see the Packers winning 27-21 or something around there.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think so. Weather won't be bad to the point where it will be difficult playing conditions. It'll be a little chilly, but pretty nice outside. I think that will help us. I don't think it'll help the Vikings. They haven't won an outdoor game this season. Mr. Florida State will make mistakes. We can capitalize on that. He'll help us. The one who can hurt is Peterson. Imagine that!

Most of Peterson's runs last week were between the tackles. Where he really hurt us was when he bounced outside. Our LBs gave up the edges and played from behind him, and our DBs wouldn't tackle him. I think the fact that our OLBs and DBs got jukes out of their jocks and just generally steamrolled last week will help us this week. I don't see that happening again.

I don't think the weather will be much to our advantage, but it will affect Ponder. Not a lot, but a little. And I think a little is enough.

Hjalmar Davidson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Queens havent won a game outside all year, you really cant say that the weather will favor thier running game. We have our fans and are used to playing outdoors. Also Ponder has a bad elbow from last week, we need to hit him. Winfield couldnt finish the game last week and will be wearing a big cast on his hand. Make him tackle. :)

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Tackling in cold weather hurts. And we can't tackle as it is. I'm a little worried.

APGu28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Queens havent won a game outside all year, you really cant say that the weather will favor thier running game. We have our fans and are used to playing outdoors. Also Ponder has a bad elbow from last week, we need to hit him. Winfield couldnt finish the game last week and will be wearing a big cast on his hand. Make him tackle. :)

There is quite a bit of difference between just playing outside and playing outside in bad conditions that impact the game.

Obviously, it doesn't sound like that will be the case besides temperature. Just saying.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
One point..

These guys know what cold feels like..They live in an area that is just as cold as GB...So going outside they know what it is..

But playing in it is a different story..But they know what cold is...

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our guys don't like playing in the cold **** either.
Greg Jennings and the WR's have all mentioned this recently and in the past.
And this is the strength of our team, with Rodgers throwing it to them.

Anyone remember how these guys performed last January against the Giants?
Dropping passes.
Fumbling.
John Kuhn had never fumbled for us, EVER. Until that January game. And he grew up in Pittsburgh.
Ryan Grant had not fumbled in like 300 touches. He fumbled too.
Some people have to face reality here. The cold weather sucks, and our guys are affected by it as much as the other team. Last year, we were affected more than the other team. Being at Lambeau doesn't do anything about that.

Members online

Latest posts