Will they ever shut up?

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I live in Norfolk Virginia and the most local team to here are the redskins but i swear 65 percent of the football talk here on Espn radio is about the vikings every week. I would understand if they talked that much about the redskins but the vikings are nowhere near local to us.

Does anybody else feel this way or have that problem where they live?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Well it was the queens all day yesterday, but even with our wins, it seems like espn , and nfl is all about the drama in minny.

If I wanted to tune it to that, they should have a special hour on the soap channel!:eek:k:

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No other team in the NFL has as much drama going on right now.. Even Jerry Jones might be a little happy that The Viqueens are stealing some of the spotlight from how much the Cowgirls suck.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here in Wisconsin, we get a lot of it because they're a division rival on top of all the drama. We also seem to get updates whenever Favre farts.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't feel too bad. The reason they are getting the spotlight is not a good one. Be thankful we are not hearing about what an awesome team they have and how Favre has rediscovered his lost youth (or some dreadful thing). Negative publicity, although still publicity is not what they need. I think it makes things worse, it causes a distraction and instead of being focused on regrouping they are focused on having their silly little name drawn through the mud. I know we are sick of hearing about it but in the back of our minds, some evil part of us should be grinning with delight.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I wouldn't feel too bad. The reason they are getting the spotlight is not a good one. Be thankful we are not hearing about what an awesome team they have and how Favre has rediscovered his lost youth (or some dreadful thing). Negative publicity, although still publicity is not what they need. I think it makes things worse, it causes a distraction and instead of being focused on regrouping they are focused on having their silly little name drawn through the mud. I know we are sick of hearing about it but in the back of our minds, some evil part of us should be grinning with delight.

excellent way to look at it!!!!:eek:k:

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I think the Vikings love the media spotlight, and its a two way street and this year they went the opposite of last year.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah here in Vegas only thing I hear on the radio is Vikings and Micheal vick. It's kinda annoying.

Sick of Vick? Try living in Philly, they think he is the 2nd coming. Whenever the Eagles are doing good we always get bombarded with Eagles talk. But it's pretty sad that the mishaps of the Vikings are making local sports news here too.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Hey, it's like that here in Dallas. Guess who was live on the radio today on Dallas Radio. Shiancoe!!!!!!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless Favre retires before the season is over, I'm pretty sure the Vikings talk will die down. There's not really a whole lot more they can do to garner attention this season, short of somehow making the playoffs.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
ughhh listening to NFL total access or totall a**es!! LOL!!

They are talking since they are going to start BF as quarterback, that the team still believes in him!

*and no doubt,they probably still believe in the toothfairy, easterbunny..... :search:

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
It's to be expected. Why would the media want to talk about teams winning and losing when there's so much drama surrounding MN this year? Between Favre, Moss, and Chilly, there's enough to run an entire season of Days of Our Lives.

I personally love it. Even Folgers can't beat a good cup of Vikings collapse news in the morning.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
It's to be expected. Why would the media want to talk about teams winning and losing when there's so much drama surrounding MN this year? Between Favre, Moss, and Chilly, there's enough to run an entire season of Days of Our Lives.

I personally love it. Even Folgers can't beat a good cup of Vikings collapse news in the morning.

I did this very thing this morning! Turned on the nfl channel BEFORE I poured my first cup of coffee!!

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard a radio interview with Rodgers yesterday, the interviewer asked him if he felt they weren't being given enough air time..and Rodgers said, the team prefers is that way, stay low, under the radar..it helps them stay focused.

The Vikes have made news 24/7 all season because they are so full of drama...and NOBODY in the NFL should want that kind of media press. :viksux:

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Keep in mind, folks....The Vikings can only HELP us at this point (as bad as it is to say) NY, PHILLY, and CHICAGO are still on their schedule....

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Dallas got a ton of press before the season on how they were SB contenders and the favorite. We all saw what happened when they couldn't handle all the media pressure/attention.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live between Baltimore, with a Super Bowl contender, and DC with the fanatic Skins fans, and the Queens are the predominate story here too. With the exception of Sports Illustrated, the Pack isn't getting a lot of love in the media but that is probably a good thing and may work to our advantage when all is said and done.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of this has to do with the market GB is in I think. Its not NY or Phily, DC or Dallas/Houston, Its not one of the big California markets either, so I think that's a good thing.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
yeah vick is a local of us here in virginia and they have a michael vick show every monday at 5:05pm with him

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm happy that the Vikes are dominating the media coverage. It makes it easier for the Pack to stay under the radar. Vick has been playing pretty well, but I don't see how he can stay healthy with all the hits he is taking. So let the media hate on the Vikes and stroke the Eagles. Who knows, it may make the Eagles full of themselves so they don't take their opponents seriously, which is never good. Or it may cause their future opponents to play them tougher. Either way, I like it when the spotlight is on other teams during the season.

Members online

Latest posts