Will the Packers win in Seattle? You bet they will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a pretty un-important group they lost.
The best player there was Browner, but he was out all year anyway last year.
The other guys are less factors for them than the guys we lost are for us, James Jones, Jermichael Finley, Johnny Jolly, CJ Wilson, even Don Barclay.

Seattle hopefully will step back a bit this year.
But they didn't lose any more key guys than we did, in all honestly.

I hated Brandon Browner, but they didn't miss a beat last year without him.
Who did we loose that was important on defense?

Don't tell me Pickett. He is a FA, we could sign him today if we thought he was a valuable asset. You may have a point with Jolly - sorry we lost him. More because of injury than value.

We have lost MD Jennings and McMillian (I consider these additions by subtraction)

We have gained Peppers and Dix.

We are getting Matthews and Heyward from injury.

Young pups - including Datone, Barrington, Daniels, and others we can expect to be better. A few should emerge and help more.

Thats a lot of pluses and only one minus - Jolly. Packers will be a better defensive team this year. Significantly better.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

Don't tell me Pickett. He is a FA, we could sign him today if we thought he was a valuable asset. You may have a point with Jolly - sorry we lost him. More because of injury than value.

We have lost MD Jennings and McMillian (I consider these additions by subtraction)

Young pups - including Datone, Barrington, Daniels, and others we can expect to be better. A few should emerge and help more.

Thats a lot of pluses and only one minus - Jolly. Packers will be a better defensive team this year. Significantly better.

Exactly, most of the guys we lost are one's nobody wants and we can only get improvement from those roster spots which I expect to see based on early indications.

We lost JJ and EDS that would of made this team.

D

Deleted member 6794

Sorry Captain. The Seahawks don't even win there division this year.

Even if that's true (which is a distinct possibility) it doesn't have any affect on the chances of the Packers winning at Seattle.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly, most of the guys we lost are one's nobody wants and we can only get improvement from those roster spots which I expect to see based on early indications.

We lost JJ and EDS that would of made this team.
True. For whatever reason, I was only thinking about defense. I already stated that our offense will be historically great. We won't miss JJ and only slightly EDS.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Even if that's true (which is a distinct possibility) it doesn't have any affect on the chances of the Packers winning at Seattle.

Hey, I know the idea of playing at Seattle is polarizing for you. I've been to there stupid stadium and yes it is loud. I was at the game there a couple years back and there were at least 10k packer fans. I am not as worried about the noise as everyone else. Rodgers plays very well in loud hostile environments. In fact I think he likes it. Plus we have a power running game.

The key to winning at Seattle is getting up on them first.

True. For whatever reason, I was only thinking about defense. I already stated that our offense will be historically great. We won't miss JJ and only slightly EDS.

Nope. We wont.

Last edited:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's very true, we gained a lot of guys back from injury.

Look, I LOVE our team.
I believe if we have GOOD luck with injuries, or even league-average, we should get to the Super Bowl.
IF SF and Seattle have our usual BAD luck, and we their good luck, I think we're a lock.
We're that loaded IMO.

I just don't think Seattle lost anyone of real significance.

It's not like us and Jennings 2 years ago where we tried hard to keep the guy, and still lost him.
I think Seattle kept who they needed to keep.

One guy you didn't mention is Sidney Rice who had to retire ala Jermike Finley.
But like Browner, they didn't even have him last year winning the Super Bowl.

WHO IS #13?
I love Dan Marino.
For us?
Chester Marcol????

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

Look, I LOVE our team.
I believe if we have GOOD luck with injuries, or even league-average, we should get to the Super Bowl.
IF SF and Seattle have our usual BAD luck, and we their good luck, I think we're a lock.
We're that loaded IMO.

It's not like us and Jennings 2 years ago where we tried hard to keep the guy, and still lost him.

WHO IS #13?
I love Dan Marino.
For us?
Chester Marcol????

Rice was garbage. Golden Tate was there leading receiver and he is gone as well. Not "if" but "when" Percy Harvin goes down this offense will stall.

D

Deleted member 6794

Hey, I know the idea of playing at Seattle is polarizing for you. I've been to there stupid stadium and yes it is loud. I was at the game there a couple years back and there were at least 10k packer fans. I am not as worried about the noise as everyone else. Rodgers plays very well in loud hostile environments. In fact I think he likes it. Plus we have a power running game.

The key to winning at Seattle is getting up on them first.

I'm worried about the Seahawks having a great team not the noise level at their stadium. Seattle would be favored if the game was played at Lambeau as well.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm worried about the Seahawks having a great team not the noise level at their stadium. Seattle would be favored if the game was played at Lambeau as well.

Yeah and that would make the "money line" even more of a clean up game because I would give the Seahawks no chance if this opener was played at Lambeau.

Look, there still a good football team as they still have some good corp guys. I do like our roster better and when you throw in Aaron Rodgers to the mix I don't think they can beat us at Green Bay or in Seattle assuming we don't turn ball over.

We match up really good against these guys IMO. It wouldn't matter if we played them in Taiwan. We are loaded and healthy and hungry.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah and that would make the "money line" even more of a clean up game because I would give the Seahawks no chance if this opener was played at Lambeau.

Look, there still a good football team as they still have some good corp guys. I do like our roster better and when you throw in Aaron Rodgers to the mix I don't think they can beat us at Green Bay or in Seattle assuming we don't turn ball over.

We match up really good against these guys IMO. It wouldn't matter if we played them in Taiwan. We are loaded and healthy and hungry.

If you count Mebane and McDaniel as starters (they nearly played as many snaps as Clemons and McDonald) the Seahawks return all starters on defense.

Assuming this team won't have a chance vs. the Packers at Lambeau is disrepectful and far from the truth.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Look, I LOVE our team.
We're that loaded IMO.

WHO IS #13?
I love Dan Marino.
For us?
Chester Marcol????
My shocking prediction - Packers defense will be better by points allowed than either Seattle or 49ers. Packers will have a better season record than either of those teams and will advance further in the post season than either of those teams. Also, either Seattle or the 49ers will not make the playoffs.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If you count Mebane and McDaniel as starters (they nearly played as many snaps as Clemons and McDonald) the Seahawks return all starters on defense.

Assuming this team won't have a chance vs. the Packers at Lambeau is disrepectful and far from the truth.

Mebane? He is rotational guy good for about 20-25 snaps and now he has to play more. There going to have to give Mebane "mouth to mouth" after are hurry up runs him off the field.

Next your going to hype up Kevin Williams. lol

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
My shocking prediction - Packers defense will be better by points allowed than either Seattle or 49ers. Packers will have a better season record than either of those teams and will advance further in the post season than either of those teams. Also, either Seattle or the 49ers will not make the playoffs.

I am on the same page. Niners defense is starting to show problems in the middle of there defense.

It's really not that shocking when you stop watching and reading main stream crap and look and watch the facts.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Mebane? He is rotational guy good for about 20-25 snaps and now he has to play more. There going to have to give Mebane "mouth to mouth" after are hurry up runs him off the field.

Next your going to hype up Kevin Williams. lol

Mebane started every single game aside of the Super Bowl for the Seahawks, averaging 33.8 snaps per game and was ranked third best DT/NT in the entire league by PFF.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Mebane started every single game aside of the Super Bowl for the Seahawks, averaging 33.8 snaps per game and was ranked third best DT/NT in the entire league by PFF.

I'm not discounting the fact that he is a good gap run plugger. My point is he can't go the distance and play "all the snaps". He wears down.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm not discounting the fact that he is a good gap run plugger. My point is he can't go the distance and play "all the snaps". He wears down.

We continually butt heads regarding this subject but you keep missing the fact that "Red Bryant" who was also very effective played the remainder of those snaps that Mebane did not. They were banking on Jessie Williams filling those shoes and he is "Finished". So you tell me who is going to fill out there rotation and keep it as dominant as it was a year ago Captain? I am all ears.

D

Deleted member 6794

We continually butt heads regarding this subject but you keep missing the fact that "Red Bryant" who was also very effective played the remainder of those snaps that Mebane did not. They were banking on Jessie Williams filling those shoes and he is "Finished". So you tell me who is going to fill out there rotation and keep it as dominant as it was a year ago Captain? I am all ears.

Bryant played mostly at DE while Mebane lined up at DT. I guess that Jordan Hill and Kevin Williams will rotate with Mebane at tackle next season.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Bryant played mostly at DE while Mebane lined up at DT. I guess that Jordan Hill and Kevin Williams will rotate with Mebane at tackle next season.

Exactly, which means the loss of Bryant, Clemons, and McDonald is significant coupled with the season ending injury to Williams.

Bottom line is Schnieder paid "big mouth" instead of keeping there dominant D-line in tact and there going to fall ******* that sword IMO.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Exactly, which means the loss of Bryant, Clemons, and McDonald is significant coupled with the season ending injury to Williams.

Bottom line is Schnieder paid "big mouth" instead of keeping there dominant D-line in tact and there going to fall ******* that sword IMO.

Once again they still got Avril and Bennett at end and McDaniel and Mebane at tackle, Schofield and Hill provide some depth, no idea about Kevin Williams and Scruggs. The injury to Jesse Williams will hurt them though.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Once again they still got Avril and Bennett at end and McDaniel and Mebane at tackle, Schofield and Hill provide some depth, no idea about Kevin Williams and Scruggs. The injury to Jesse Williams will hurt them though.

Well see how effective they are having to play more snaps.

Hill has done nothing thus far to impress. Schofield is a "Leo" body fill in at best. Scruggs is a "Scrubb". U will see.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Holy crap AmishMafia! Pass that optimism-inducing kool-aid, will ya? (I don't have to become Amish or join the mafia to become a "believer", do I?)

And brandon2348, in post #221 you quote yourself and write, "We continually butt heads regarding this subject..." Just wondering which you is which? ;)

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the refs continue to throw the flag against d-backs in the regular season, Rogers could have the greatest game in the history of passing against the Seaholders.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Holy crap AmishMafia! Pass that optimism-inducing kool-aid, will ya? (I don't have to become Amish or join the mafia to become a "believer", do I?)

And brandon2348, in post #221 you quote yourself and write, "We continually butt heads regarding this subject..." Just wondering which you is which? ;)

I have said since they put the schedule out how I felt about the Seahawks defensive situation and most importantly there 40 million dollar D-line that is no longer.

We are going to beat the Seahawks upfront on both sides of the ball, plain and simple. Write it down. Save it. Repeat it. Bet it. Remember it. Meditate it if you want. The thing is it's not even that bold of a prediction because the Seahawk defense Kool-Aid is running out of sugar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts