Will the Packers win in Seattle? You bet they will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
21 DAYS FELLAS!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Just 3 weeks. Can you believe that?
It's almost here.

By the way, I am going to go out on limb, and say this:
Most of you (I would guesstimate about 3/4) were against us releasing Woodson.
I would say the way MD Jennings, Jerron McMillian, and even Morgan Burnett has clearly justified the 3/4th who did feel that way.
The Raiders were happy to bring him back still this year.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
21 DAYS FELLAS!

It's almost here.

I would say the way MD Jennings, Jerron McMillian, and even Morgan Burnett has clearly justified the 3/4th who did feel that way.

I don't think the raiders had much choice.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
21 DAYS FELLAS!

It's almost here.

I just don't get it why players who still have something left in the tank are let go or treated like they don't have anything left.
I don't know how much impact Woodson has had with his return to the Raiders.
But I miss him playing for the Packers and he was let go too soon IMO.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
20 DAYS FELLAS!

Atari Bigby
Special Teams starter for our Super Bowl Champions in 2010.

Was coming off injury, lost starting strong safety job to Charlie Peprah while out with injury.

Was the last safety we had who even vaguely intimidated any opposing WRs. Was a heat-seeking missile.Sean Richardson perhaps can change that this year.

In 2011, his #20 was taken by Alex Green, RB, from Hawaii who Ted grabbed in Rd 3.
He, in college, ran thru wide open lanes behind that run & shoot pass happy June Jones offense.

As with 3/4th of our players seemingly, Alex's career was derailed primarily due to injuries.
I think Alex tore an ACL at Minnesota, as Will Blackmon, Nick Barnett, Mark Tauscher all did... I'm sure I'm missing some. I hated the Metrodome with a passion.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
19 DAYS LEFT

Myles White. Will he make the roster?
I don't think so.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
18 DAYS LEFT

RANDALL COBB, Play of the Year
(Regular Season)

Packers 23
Seachickens 17

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
18 DAYS LEFT

RANDALL COBB, Play of the Year
(Regular Season)

Packers 23
Seachickens 17
We were in Havana and turned on the TV just as the pass to Cobb was occurring. Nothing greater than the Packers ripping the hearts out of the Bears....

Reaction score
I don't think we'll win by any more than 7 because MM will do everything to play conservative on this one. We get the lead, it turns to run run pass. And our first string secondary did not look so good yesterday regardless of whether or not it was preseason.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if the packers go into and play this game @ full strength (no injuries) I don't see us losing
Seattle's pretty good though.
And at home, they're real good...... it's conceivable to lose there.

But we definitely CAN win if we play well. And if the zebra's do not let Sherman and all their DBs get away with what they used to get away with on WRs and TEs.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
15 DAYS LEFT ONLY !!

Bart Starr

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
14 DAYS LEFT.... 2 weeks from today. WOW can't wait.

DON HUTSON
Many Packer experts say HE is THE greatest Packer of all time.

Agree, or disagree? If disagree, then who?

Look at Hutson's records.
Sure he wasn't competing against the best athletes back then (in fact, there were no African-Americans at all covering him, while now in today's NFL, we haven't had a single Caucasian cornerback in almost 2 decades, Jason Sehorn being the last one, wow chew on that for awhile....) but Hutson's records are remarkable.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
14 DAYS LEFT.... 2 weeks from today. WOW can't wait.

DON HUTSON
Many Packer experts say HE is THE greatest Packer of all time.

Agree, or disagree? If disagree, then who?

Look at Hutson's records.
Sure he wasn't competing against the best athletes back then (in fact, there were no African-Americans at all covering him, while now in today's NFL, we haven't had a single Caucasian cornerback in almost 2 decades, Jason Sehorn being the last one, wow chew on that for awhile....) but Hutson's records are remarkable.

also back then they had to run for their very lives. Don hutson would be a beast even in todays game.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle will struggle this year. Mark it down. They were to smug and proud - they likely eased up in their off-season conditioning, it is natural. The difference between a great player and a good player is more narrow than most realize. The Seahawks will struggle to get in the playoffs.

They start out with a thud.

Packer 27 Seahawks 13

THe Packers not only have the best offense this season, it reaches historic levels. Rodgers is going to put up some silly numbers and the Packers will have their best rushing offense in some time. Look for the defense to do a good job. They werent as bad as some posters want to portray. They were deficient at safety and that affected the entire defense more than people realize.

Its going to be a great season!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree about what you said about Seattle, and on top of that they lost a lot of important players, especially on their defense.
???
They still have both DE's, Cliff Avril & Michael Bennett. They still have their great ILB Bobby Wagner.
They still have the great safety Earl Thomas, and Kam Chancellor the other safety.
They still have the Mouth that Roared Richard Sherman at CB.
It wouldn't hurt my feelings if some of those key guys suffered fates like our Perry, Matthews, Jolly, Collins, Hayward, etc.
Why should we always have to deal with them and not those ******. Turn it around this year.

D

Deleted member 6794

Saying what players they do have doesn't address what players they lost. They lost Chris Clemons, Walter Thurmond, Clinton McDonald, Chris Maragos, and Brandon Browner all on defense.

Browner didn't play after week 10 last season and Maragos a total of 52 snaps all year. Clemons and McDonald were the worst guys in their DL rotation.

I just don't understand why a lot of you can't give credit to a pretty damn good team when it's deserved.

The Packers will have a chance to win at Seattle, but it won't be a cakewalk by any means as some of you have suggested for quite some time.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its gonna be a close game. I say we win 27-24.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
???
They still have both DE's, Cliff Avril & Michael Bennett. They still have their great ILB Bobby Wagner.
They still have the great safety Earl Thomas, and Kam Chancellor the other safety.
They still have the Mouth that Roared Richard Sherman at CB.
It wouldn't hurt my feelings if some of those key guys suffered fates like our Perry, Matthews, Jolly, Collins, Hayward, etc.
Why should we always have to deal with them and not those ******. Turn it around this year.

They lost Chris Clemons who started in front of Averil and is better against the run on 1st and second down. They also lost Red Bryant who was another starter and key player against the run on 1st and second down. They lack depth on there D-line and wont be as successful rotating 7 guys there this year.

Chancellor is finally coming back from hip surgery. He might play tonight. Wagner has a much more serious hamstring injury then Carroll has let everyone to know. He is still not practicing. Bruce Irvin is still not practicing recovering from hip surgery. They have key guys that have missed all of camp. As we all should know that's not good.

On offense they have a rookie right tackle who is going to try and block "Peppers and Matthews" for 60 minutes. Good luck with that. There left tackle is finally coming back after missing all of camp. Lynch showed up to camp 15-20 pounds overweight. I could go on and on.

These cocky-*** fraudsters are primed for an *** whooping. We have the team to deliver one. I will say it again as we are going to smoke these fools.

Last edited:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saying what players they do have doesn't address what players they lost. They lost Chris Clemons, Walter Thurmond, Clinton McDonald, Chris Maragos, and Brandon Browner all on defense.
Yeah, that's a pretty un-important group they lost.
The best player there was Browner, but he was out all year anyway last year.
The other guys are less factors for them than the guys we lost are for us, James Jones, Jermichael Finley, Johnny Jolly, CJ Wilson, even Don Barclay.

Seattle hopefully will step back a bit this year.
But they didn't lose any more key guys than we did, in all honestly.

I hated Brandon Browner, but they didn't miss a beat last year without him.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Browner and Thurmond don't matter. It's there D-line that has suffered. Plus they lost Giacomini and Bowie on the offensive line.

IMO if Bradford stays healthy for the Rams they win the NFC WEST. They have a better front 7 then the Seahawks.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what Cutler and company do up in Seattle against there big D tonight as its the 3rd pre-season game and starters will most likely play entire 1st half. Plus everybody already know Carroll plays pre-sesaon games like there regular season games.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Browner didn't play after week 10 last season and Maragos a total of 52 snaps all year. Clemons and McDonald were the worst guys in their DL rotation.

I just don't understand why a lot of you can't give credit to a pretty damn good team when it's deserved.

The Packers will have a chance to win at Seattle, but it won't be a cakewalk by any means as some of you have suggested for quite some time.

Sorry Captain. The Seahawks don't even win there division this year.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what Cutler and company do up in Seattle against there big D tonight as its the 3rd pre-season game and starters will most likely play entire 1st half. Plus everybody already know Carroll plays pre-sesaon games like there regular season games.

That is not such a bad idea...... gets guys in real game mode from the get go. Game is a game, I like to win too, plus it sets the tone or the winning mentality for the season. pre season or regular season, I like wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts