Will the Packers win in Seattle? You bet they will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won't have any scab refs this time to screw up any last second calls. (Instead we will have the regular refs to screw up any last second calls.)
Seriously, these guys are the pros and not amateurs.

No, we'll probably get Jeff Tripplette for that game, who is decidedly worse than the replacement refs were 2 years ago.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Update on Seattle Seahawks receiver Kevin Norwood, Seahawks 4th round draft pick. "foot surgery" out most likely 4-6 weeks. Probably longer as Pete "Cheat" Carroll always gives overly optimistic expectations when talking of injuries.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Well Seahawks starting D-line couldnt't get pressure with 4 on Manning. Denver O-line made holes in the run game too.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well Seahawks starting D-line couldnt't get pressure with 4 on Manning. Denver O-line made holes in the run game too.

It´s the preseason and the starters on defense normally play vanilla defense for all of their 10 snaps.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It´s the preseason and the starters on defense normally play vanilla defense for all of their 10 snaps.

Well I don't listen to commentators. I watch film. The Seahawks played 4-3 base or there nickle package almost all year last year. My point is the same it's been for awhile now. They simply don't have the personnel upfront to disrupt with 4 anymore. They lack explosive twitch up front.

Were going to smoke these fools.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I also tend not to take much away from the preseason.

Agree. Preseason is just sooooo vanilla as they don't want to give any other team any film to watch. Preseason IMO is just a showcase for those that are not an actual lock to make the final 53.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yes. Pre-season games are not everything obviously but Seattle plays pre-season games to win. I mean just look at there pre-season record under Pete Carroll. He wanted to win that game last night. He even ran a reverse on offense.

I agree teams play vanilla in pre-season but in the case of the Seahawks they don't do a whole lot of scheme on defense. They line up and kick your a**. All I was trying to report is I did not witness that quick twitch on there D-line that they had last year throughout the whole game last night. Manning was eating hot dogs in the pocket and Osweiler was too for the most part.

I could care less who won the game.

Oh yeah. Denver averaged 5 yards a carry running the ball on them too. I've never seen holes opened up that big on Seattle's D in years, pre-season or not.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
My full report on "Seahawks".

QB- Wilson, Jackson, Pryor, All played very well last night and each showed certain things they are good at. Wilson looked pretty much like he did last year and the concern with him is taking so many shots like he did last night. If the offense is going to be predicated on him scrambling around all year Wilson might not finish the season. Pryor was really impressive and showed some good decision making. He has some physical tools. If Wilson does go down the Seahawks should feel good about there back up quarterback situation at this juncture. OVERALL GRADE: A-

RB- Not much to really evaluate here as Lynch is "out of shape" and Turbin looked like Turbin which is nothing special. Christine Michael didn't have a whole lot of creases to hit but once again made a costly mistake in pass blocking. At this point Michael doesn't appear to be anything close to an every down back IMO. Obviously some more evaluating needs to be done here with more snaps. I'm far from impressed to this point. OVERALL GRADE: C

WR- Nothing great here but nothing horrible either. I was kind of waiting to see the so called "seahawk speedy receivers" go vertical in passing game but I was kind of let down. They didn't make any great plays but they didn't drop any balls either. This is a group that will have to make many big plays this year for deficiencies in other areas. OVERALL GRADE B-

OL- Clearly a serious issue moving forward for this team. The rookie Justin Britt got over powered and beat repeatedly. His foot work is too slow at this stage to play Tackle in the NFL. There are too many other guys that got beat here to mention them all. The Seahawks couldn't run the ball and Seahawk QB's were under constant pressure whether it was 1st quarter or 4th. Moving forward they will need to get guys healthy and build some cohesiveness. So in some ways I give the unit a pass due to guys hurt. Won't be hard to improve on this grade though. Peppers and Matthews will be licking there chops. OVERALL GRADE: F

D-Line- I have talked about this for last four months on this forum and it appears it has come to complete fruition. This should be the Seahawks biggest concern. The D-line showed no real quick twitch up front that you are used to seeing watching Seahawks in past pre-season or regular season games. Peyton Manning was eating "hot dogs" in the pocket and Brock Osweiler was too for the most part. This confirms earlier postings that they are in serious danger of not being able to disrupt with 4. I can only imagine what Aaron Rodgers will do with that kind of time and our "weapons of mass destruction". There run defense was horrible as well showing no real push. In fact they were pushed all over the field by the "Denver Broncos". Yes, the Denver Broncos and it could of been a lot worse. Denver's run game averaged 5 yards a carry and had several long runs called back on questionable holding calls. Once again I can only imagine what our Eddy Lacy will do with 1 on 1 match ups against Seahawk DB's. Unlike the offensive line, no pass here. OVERALL GRADE: D

LB- Once again a lot of injuries here and some of there starters probably wont be back for week 1. The guys that did play handled there own and played consistently. Nothing to flashy but solid play and sure tackling. They did a good job in Denver's short passing game and holding short receptions to short gains. OVERALL GRADE: B

DB's- Seattle's secondary remains in tact other then Kam Chancellor who is recovering from hip surgery. They played a very loose cover 3 and came up and made sure tackles on Denver receivers. This secondary thrives on QB being disrupted and QB making bad decisions and bad throws. To take away disruption from defensive line is like cutting off one of there hands. They become "glorified back stops". They will sit back there all day long and not give up the big play. OVERALL GRADE: B plus

Special Teams- The Seahawks showed and remained to be solid on special teams. The real question here is who is going to return punts for them. They have some time to figure that out. OVERALL GRADE: B

Overall: The Seahawks better get healthy fast to have any chance against us. Especially on the offensive line. Even with that happening they are still going to have a big issue at right tackle. The defensive line has gone from a major position of strength to "average" IMO. It's still early but all signs thus far have pointed to a major drop off here. The Seahawks don't have the same talent level across the board in the back half of there roster and it showed. They are still the Super Bowl champs and wont be an easy out for anyone but they looked very beatable. A so called finesse team Denver beat the Seahawks at there own game. I am only feeling better about our chance Sept. 4th. And for people that want to point to this game as just a pre-season game, this game had a little more of a feel then just a "pre-season game".
OVERALL GRADE: B-

Last edited:

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy,Lacy,Lacy,Lacy,Lacy,Lacy, Jordy over the top. repeat!

D

Deleted member 6794

Well I don't listen to commentators. I watch film. The Seahawks played 4-3 base or there nickle package almost all year last year. My point is the same it's been for awhile now. They simply don't have the personnel upfront to disrupt with 4 anymore. They lack explosive twitch up front.

Were going to smoke these fools.

I'm not going to argue with your thoughts about the Seahawks defense anymore. But I for sure don't read too much into a preseason game in which their four starters on the DL played a combined 59 snaps.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
DAYS & Counting til we smack down the Seahawks and we start the season 1-0 for the first time since 2011.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Sea Chicks are showing they are beatable in their preseason games.
Yeah, they are just preseason games but I will take any glimmer of hope I can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts