Will the Packers win in Seattle? You bet they will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
That was just a wierd set of unfortunate events.
I wish that were true but it's not IMO: it was an intra-squad scrimmage, that injury could have happened any TC day they had the pads on. Also, Tretter got injured doing a fumble recovery drill last TC. Unfortunately injuries happen in TC throughout the NFL.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I don't envy you there. If I had been at that game several seahawk fans probably would have kicked my ***

It was beyond horrible. I took my son to the game and he was crying. We had to get out of there fast. I will never go to that stadium again.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I once got in a shoving match with a Texans fan at Lambeau because his wife was moving too slow in the concession line. I think I said, "Move you ***" to her or something like that. For some reason he took offense to it. In retrospect I may have been out of line. Lol :poop:

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lord knows I have been wrong before about many things. I do hope I am wrong about this, and get a little payback for the Fail Mary. Now if Lance Easley would have a little accident, hopefully involving a crash into the back of a petrol truck, much would be right in the world.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ts-pressure-and-decision-making-on-fail-mary/ This is old but new to me if that makes sense. I read this and wanted to fight someone! Dude was posing with Tate for pics and even umped Sherman's softball game?!?! Are you effing kidding me?!?! Talk about getting the most out of your 15 minutes of shame...brutal.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ts-pressure-and-decision-making-on-fail-mary/ This is old but new to me if that makes sense. I read this and wanted to fight someone! Dude was posing with Tate for pics and even umped Sherman's softball game?!?! Are you effing kidding me?!?! Talk about getting the most out of your 15 minutes of shame...brutal.

You are preaching to the choir. I wrote this:

http://www.totalpackers.com/2013/07...na-of-every-seattlite-and-every-football-fan/

Unfortunately the Seahawks are no longer quite as pathetic as they were just a year go. Still an overall history without much to brag about.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All Packers fans: Please stop writing 'everyone will be healthy' for the Seattle game. You are jinxing them! (Was Bulaga healthy for opening day last season?)
Apples to oranges.
That was last year.
Sure, anything can happen but let's think positive.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like to think positive. I think the Packers will be healthy for this game. afterwards is another story. This game will be a knock down drag out fight and the Pack will be victorious!!!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I like to think positive. I think the Packers will be healthy for this game. afterwards is another story. This game will be a knock down drag out fight and the Pack will be victorious!!!
If the Packers beat the Seahawks but suffer significant injuries in doing so, they will have won a battle but potentially lost the war. If there's only two choices, I prefer the opposite: Lose the opener but suffer no significant injuries. Because I do share your concern from another thread:
What concerns me the most are injuries. It seems the Packers are the most injured team in the NFL year in and year out. How great of a season could we have if all the key players were healthy all season long?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If the Packers beat the Seahawks but suffer significant injuries in doing so, they will have won a battle but potentially lost the war. If there's only two choices, I prefer the opposite: Lose the opener but suffer no significant injuries. Because I do share your concern from another thread:

I understand everyone is a little traumatized by the injury bug and so am I, but most of it is out of the players or coaches control, meaning there is only so much they can do. It sounds like from the top down to the coaching and training staff that they have taken every precaution to reduce injuries this year. You cant play "not to get hurt" as that's when guys usually get hurt. You would think we should be due to have some guys stay healthy.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First game of the year is the best time to play them. Week 1 is usually when lots of upsets happen.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Matthews´ thumb injury was a pretty severe one and he mentioned he´s not back to 100% as of now.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...plex-thumb-surgery-b99318023z1-268746381.html

Matthews always concerns me between "hamstrings" and now 'thumb" which can be a little nerving. My main point was the Seahawks aren't all that healthy right now and there using training camp to get guys healthy which isn't a good thing. Plus, there back up TE just snapped his achilles and guys are pulling hamstrings already. Sound familiar?

I know it's early but they weren't having those types of injuries last year other then Harvin hurting himself playing softball. It's just a matter of time before that guy goes down with something.

D

Deleted member 6794

Matthews always concerns me between "hamstrings" and now 'thumb" which can be a little nerving. My main point was the Seahawks aren't all that healthy right now and there using training camp to get guys healthy which isn't a good thing. Plus, there back up TE just snapped his achilles and guys are pulling hamstrings already. Sound familiar?

The guy you´re talking about, Anthony McCoy, didn´t play last year either, so I´m quite sure they will be able to deal with his loss. I don´t know a lot about the injuries they´ve suffered in camp so far, but I´m quite sure they will be a tough team to beat on Sept. 4.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Jack vainisi - Maybe the Pack will win the opener and have NO significant injuries? That's the perfect scenario but Seattle is a very physical team and win or lose someone is bound to get hurt. Of course I NEVER want to see any Packer injured but if a special teams player gets hurt it won't be so bad.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The guy you´re talking about, Anthony McCoy, didn´t play last year either, so I´m quite sure they will be able to deal with his loss. I don´t know a lot about the injuries they´ve suffered in camp so far, but I´m quite sure they will be a tough team to beat on Sept. 4.

Wagner(hamstring), Carpenter(calf), Toomer(hamstring) none of these are too serious but as we all know injuries like to come sometimes in bunches.

The Seahawks are a good team and are a much tougher to beat at home no doubt. We have been going back and forth about this game for awhile now and my reasons and confidence of Pack winning have only grown and gotten stronger. At 2-1 odds basically it is sweet. After a couple of pre-season games I think it will become a "load up game".

I don't think the Seahawks even make the playoffs this year. The niners have re-loaded and the Rams will leap frog the Seahawks IMO. Fisher is one of the best coaches in the league and is building a winner. You want to talk about a scary D-line. See the Rams.

D

Deleted member 6794

Wagner(hamstring), Carpenter(calf), Toomer(hamstring) none of these are too serious but as we all know injuries like to come sometimes in bunches.

The Seahawks are a good team and are a much tougher to beat at home no doubt. We have been going back and forth about this game for awhile now and my reasons and confidence of Pack winning have only grown and gotten stronger. At 2-1 odds basically it is sweet. After a couple of pre-season games I think it will become a "load up game".

I don't think the Seahawks even make the playoffs this year. The niners have re-loaded and the Rams will leap frog the Seahawks IMO. Fisher is one of the best coaches in the league and is building a winner.

Basically we have to agree to disagree on the topic and we´ll revisit the matter on Sept. 5.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

We may have got "Mugged" that night but if you are being honest, that Seattle secondary is freaking scary !! :cautious:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
We may have got "Mugged" that night but if you are being honest, that Seattle secondary is freaking scary !! :cautious:

If they get pressure with four and Sherman can line up 7-8 yards off the ball and jump "hot routes" then yeah there "sooooo scary". "fraudsters". I like what Peterson said for Cardinals and saying Sherman doesn't even make there starting line up. I'll take a pure cover corner like Sam Shields any day. He is a stud and gets no love.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Shields did something more impressive IMO against the Bears in the NFL champ game as a rookie. The only thing he didn't do is go "rant and rave" and get all these part-time football fans to help create his hype show.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

If they get pressure with four and Sherman can line up 7-8 yards off the ball and jump "hot routes" then yeah there "sooooo scary". "fraudsters". I like what Peterson said for Cardinals and saying Sherman doesn't even make there starting line up. I'll take a pure cover corner like Sam Shields any day. He is a stud and gets no love.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Shields did something more impressive IMO against the Bears in the NFL champ game as a rookie. The only thing he didn't do is go "rant and rave" and get all these part-time football fans to help create his hype show.

I wouldn`t disagree with you about Shields, but I think Sherman may be talking out of his *** to not rate Sherman as a starter. Just my opinion of course

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I'll take a pure cover corner like Sam Shields any day. He is a stud and gets no love.
I know what you mean but here's what passes for "love" in the NFL and Sam got plenty of it:
"3/8/2014: Signed a four-year, $39 million contract. The deal included a $12.5 million signing bonus. Shields is eligible for annual $500,000 workout bonuses, and an annual $500,000 in per-game roster bonuses throughout the contract's life. 2014: $1.5 million, 2015: $2.5 million (+ $2.5 million roster bonus), 2016-2017: $8 million, 2018: Free Agent"
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6268/sam-shields

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I wouldn`t disagree with you about Shields, but I think Sherman may be talking out of his *** to not rate Sherman as a starter. Just my opinion of course

If you go back and watch some tape on Sherman you can see he has some obvious limitations. He isn't that fast(in fact slow for a corner) and he can get beat off the LOS. I am not saying he is horrible but IMO the most hyped player in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts