Will the Packers win in Seattle? You bet they will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
As we get closer to game time I expect that we will get our fair amount of Seahawks trolls and chest thumpers as we do with every game that has a team with bragging rights.
It would be nice if yours was the only objective viewpoint since you are one of the few who root for other teams on here who I can respect.
Food for thought. I hardly ever, and I mean hardly ever, win any bet I place on football games. ;)

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If those were the stakes I would bet Green Bay and not just because I am a Packer fan. Is it possible Green Bay could lose. Yes. I just think everyone has this Super Bowl Denver memory in there head but this is completely different situation. I would be very very surprised if Packers lost this game without losing the turnover score and Aaron Rodgers hardly throws interceptions and Eddy Lacy doesn't really fumble. Like I said in earlier post. If they cant disrupt Rodgers with 4 he will carve them up.

Lord knows I have been wrong before about many things. I do hope I am wrong about this, and get a little payback for the Fail Mary. Now if Lance Easley would have a little accident, hopefully involving a crash into the back of a petrol truck, much would be right in the world.

cara murphy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Post your reasons why you can see the Packers winning in Seattle.
Here's mine:
We have our 12th man (See my avatar pic) who will shut up their 12th man (and woman and child.)

Packers are a Super Bowl caliber and winning team. These are not the Cleveland Clowns!

Packers will get plenty of time to study and prepare for this one.

We won't have any scab refs this time to screw up any last second calls. (Instead we will have the regular refs to screw up any last second calls.)
Seriously, these guys are the pros and not amateurs.

Just because they are the Green Bay Packers.

I am really looking forward to this one being our first game.
Your thoughts?
yeah,just because they are the Green Bay packers

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as our QB and WR's are healthy we have a chance against any team in the league, doesnt matter if its at home or on the road. Yes we will beat Seattle !

D

Deleted member 6794

They probably wont have Lynch and if they do they are going to get an older, fatter version that really doesn't want to play anymore.

The Seahawks still have more than a month to sign Lynch and the preseason isn´t that important to him (for example, the Vikings plan on not giving AP any carries during the preseason).

On offense I think we will be able to run the ball on them. They lost there best defenders on the D-line against the run other then Bennett and they are hoping young guys that have never played will fill those shoes.

That´s what you´ve been posting the entire offseason, but it´s just not true. All of their best DL against the run (Mebane, McDaniel and Bennett) are still there. They lost three rotational guys on the line, but don´t expect teams being able to run all over them because of it.

Oh yeah I almost forgot. They got three important players coming off significant surgeries on defense. One of them being Chancellor who is really the only one back there that brings any boom. The rest are average to mediocre tacklers. Irvin and Smith are also recovering from surgery.

Just like our best defensive player is coming back from two surgeries.

On defense I like how we match up. I think Shields can contain Harvin but they do have other fast receivers.

I don´t like the idea of Shields covering Harvin most of the time as Percy more often than not lines up in the slot. I´m perfectly fine with Hayward covering him in the slot with Shields taking over as soon as he lines up on the outside.

Don´t get me wrong, I´m not saying the Packers don´t have a chance to win at Seattle by any means. But the Seahawks are a pretty damn good team and it would be an upset if the Packers win.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I want a win, for sure....... but seattle is notorious for getting away with mugging WR's and getting A LOT of favorable calls in their house. If anything, I want Nelson to shut richard sherman the hell up. I want sherman burned by nelson on TWO long TD passes.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no idea how this game is going to go, no inclination whatsoever. I'm pulled towards saying the Seahawks because they're the defending champs, though I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My blood pressure goes through the roof just thinking about this game.
Win or lose I know I won't sleep a wink that night.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As things stand right now, which is pretty much the same as the ended in 2013, the Seahawks are the better team by far. Both teams have recovered players from injury and both drafted players that everyone hopes/expects will make them better. I'm cautiously optimistic, much like going into last year's opener against San Francisco.

The Packers need to improve. The Seahawks merely need to maintain.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want a win, for sure....... but seattle is notorious for getting away with mugging WR's and getting A LOT of favorable calls in their house. If anything, I want Nelson to shut richard sherman the hell up. I want sherman burned by nelson on TWO long TD passes.

Some will call it home-field bias, others will call it physical defense. The truth is somewhere in-betw....hell no! It's frickin' mugging that's what it is, and it should be called!!!!

On a more sober note. If you go into the house of most any top team in this league, expect more calls to go their way. If Seattle wants to be physical on defense (including the holds and muggings) at home, then they'll get away with it. Players in the NFL are told to expect this constantly (so I hear). And since they're the defending SB champs, the refs will probably let it happen even more.

It will be very tough to win this one for the Pack. WRs are going to get mugged, so the running game has got to be effective and the OL have to come to play. Hard for me to pick GB for one other reason: This year's defense will probably be better with pass rush and pass defense, but against the run this defense is a big "if". Marshawn Lynch ran over the opposing defenses in the playoffs. That will be hard for GB to stop.

But the Packers most definitely have a chance there.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The Seahawks still have more than a month to sign Lynch and the preseason isn´t that important to him (for example, the Vikings plan on not giving AP any carries during the preseason).

That´s what you´ve been posting the entire offseason, but it´s just not true. All of their best DL against the run (Mebane, McDaniel and Bennett) are still there. They lost three rotational guys on the line, but don´t expect teams being able to run all over them because of it.

Just like our best defensive player is coming back from two surgeries.

I don´t like the idea of Shields covering Harvin most of the time as Percy more often than not lines up in the slot. I´m perfectly fine with Hayward covering him in the slot with Shields taking over as soon as he lines up on the outside.

Don´t get me wrong, I´m not saying the Packers don´t have a chance to win at Seattle by any means. But the Seahawks are a pretty damn good team and it would be an upset if the Packers win.

Many would say Bryant was there best run plugger. Clemons was much more effective then Averil against run and that's why he started and played on run downs. Mebane is rotational. He cant play too many snaps as he wears down. McDaniel is better against the pass IMO. He is tall and can sometimes get leveraged while being pushed in run game. Like I shared I want to see pre-season games. There D-line looks good against the pass but I seriously question there dominance against the run. It wont be what it was last year. And even against the pass there going to need to find guys to fit into there rotation. Carroll has even said there looking for there 3rd edge rusher. They were in panic mode and tried to sign Jarred Allen bringing him in for not 1 but 2 visits.

I'm fine with Hayward covering Harvin in the slot. Hayward might be the best slot cover guy in the league.

Even if Lynch comes back he doesn't really want to play. He is dealing with multiple things and in his mind he is not being taken care of. There not going to pay him and he isn't happy. Many close to him believe he will retire to focus on his foundation he created. Not like the AP situation at all as Lynch is a RB at the end of his rope. IMO he shows up for a paycheck and does the minimum.

Yeah Matthews had a thumb surgery and he is practicing. Seahawks players are coming off "hip surgeries" and aren't close yet to practicing. Irvin probably will start year on PUP list. Chancellor is a rush to get back for regular season. Smith(ankle) should be ready. And that's another thing as I hate Pete Carroll. He rushes guys back when there not 100 percent all the time. It's going to catch up.

Underdogs? I will take Aaron Rodgers and healthy roster as underdogs anytime. We are the hungrier team by far. I've shared with you since the schedules were released about this game.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some will call it home-field bias, others will call it physical defense. The truth is somewhere in-betw....hell no! It's frickin' mugging that's what it is, and it should be called!!!
Nobody here was complaining when Al Harris and Charles Woodson were mugging the league.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Nobody here was complaining when Al Harris and Charles Woodson were mugging the league.

Yeah, but Al harris got called on that **** at least 50% of the time lol ..... sherman and his gang of punk b!tches get away with murder. Let Jordy burn one of them, he is likely to get stabbed and have his wallet stolen and we wont even get 15 yds for it.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True story. We did win that game. At least two beer bottles were broken in my garage that night when that call was made.

I broke a cheap box fan, was so pissed off that I picked it up and was about to throw it across the room but decided to much other **** would get broken so I did my best strong man impersonation and squeezed and twisted the dam think completely out of shape.

After this was all done i said to myslef "wft is wrong with you?" :mad:

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I broke a cheap box fan, was so pissed off that I picked it up and was about to throw it across the room but decided to much other **** would get broken so I did my best strong man impersonation and squeezed and twisted the dam think completely out of shape.

The correct answer would be nothing.;)

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score

Nothing is wrong with you, heat of the moment passion for the game bro, that is all. Hell, I had to call Direct TV and get a new remote sent to me, I snapped mine into 2 pieces after that call.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Nothing is wrong with you, heat of the moment passion for the game bro, that is all. Hell, I had to call Direct TV and get a new remote sent to me, I snapped mine into 2 pieces after that call.

Well you guys had it easy. Imagine being at the game and dealing with that debacle. It was the craziest thing I have ever witnessed at a football game. Ever.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
You bet your sweet *** they are going to win. Everyone is going to be fully healthy for this game and time to study to make a great gameplan and Rodgers fully healthy and hungry to bounce back from last season.

GO PACK GO!!!:):):inlove:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
All Packers fans: Please stop writing 'everyone will be healthy' for the Seattle game. You are jinxing them! (Was Bulaga healthy for opening day last season?)

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
All Packers fans: Please stop writing 'everyone will be healthy' for the Seattle game. You are jinxing them! (Was Bulaga healthy for opening day last season?)

That was just a wierd set of unfortunate events.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Well you guys had it easy. Imagine being at the game and dealing with that debacle. It was the craziest thing I have ever witnessed at a football game. Ever.

I don't envy you there. If I had been at that game several seahawk fans probably would have kicked my ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts