Will the Packers win in Seattle? You bet they will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, yes calling it "God Mode" sounds silly but he has really been playing at an unbelievably high level all throughout pre-season.

As one Chicago Bears forum poster put it: "Wilson looks like Joe Montana in excellent condition throwing to Jerry Rice in Tecmo Bowl".

Basically another team's fan was saying Wilson looks so good it's like an over powered video game Quarterback throwing to the greatest receiver of all time.

All I'm saying is that if Wilson continues to play like how he has the past 4 games which was pretty much flawlessly, than I think a lot of people will be quite surprised to see how good he really is.

Wilson is very underrated due to his height and being a 3rd round pick, but so far he has vastly out performed Andrew Luck who was the #1 pick.

Everything could change week 1, but I don't think the pressure is ever on the Seahawks when they are playing at home. The crowd advantage is too insane, the pressure will be on the Packers for sure.

I think it will be a good and very entertaining game, but I would be very surprised if the Seahawks lost. And in no way is that disrespectful to the Packers, you guys would have a better chance to win on the road against any other team.

I think the Seahawks could and should (if Harvin stays healthy) be significantly better than they were last season when they won the Super Bowl.

It's pretty likely we'll be playing twice this year, I think the 49er's are going to have a major decline and win like 9 games tops, so it very well could be Seahawks VS. Packers in the NFC Championship game. So this could be a fun preview may the best team win!
I wouldn't say he vastly outplayed Luck. I think most would take Luck over Wilson. Playing Qb is a lot easier when you have the #1 D and a running back called Beast mode.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Manning's arm strength is questionable and he cant extend plays with his feet. He couldn't get ball down field and Seahawks knew it and schemed him accordingly.

Also, Denver's offensive line was a little beat up and missing there best tackle. That and add that Denver didn't have a power running game and in hindsight you can see they really had no chance against Seattle's "rotating front 7" on the D-line which they don't have any longer either.

It's time to throw the Denver tape away.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I wouldn't say he vastly outplayed Luck. I think most would take Luck over Wilson. Playing Qb is a lot easier when you have the #1 D and a running back called Beast mode.

I would take Luck hands down.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packer no huddle offense will confuse and exhaust the Seattle defense. Rodgers will have an effective game but I think his numbers will be below average. Can't wait to see lacy run over Sherman!

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure the Sea Chicks won the Super Bowl.
But they won the trophy that HAS OUR LEGENDARY COACH'S NAME ON IT!

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that we all can agree that Peyton Manning is a heck of a QB and Denver's Offense was very very good last year. One of the best all time. My question is, Who is to say that our Offense won't have the same problems with Seattle Defense that Manning and that Broncos offense had in the Super Bowl??

Just a thought!!!
Apples to oranges.
I mean, heck, we may as well be comparing NASCAR racing, basketball and baseball to this game.
So do you think that Aaron Rodgers can throw faster than Jeff Gordon can drive and sink it into a hoop better than Michael Jordon and then hit the ball with a baseball bat on the first bounce hitting it farther than Babe Ruth ever did?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last time the Seachickens played a finesse team the finesse team lost by 35 points. Are the Packers way better than the Broncos? They better be or it will be a long night. I'm afraid about this game. 4-5 starters could go down with serious injuries and the season could be derailed in week one. The Packers are fragile and playing Seattle on week one is a recipe for disaster that's why the leagues scheduled the Pack to play the first Thirsday night game of the season in Seattle. The 31 owners dispose the Packers because they are owned by the fans.

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
The last time the Seachickens played a finesse team the finesse team lost by 35 points. Are the Packers way better than the Broncos? They better be or it will be a long night. I'm afraid about this game. 4-5 starters could go down with serious injuries and the season could be derailed in week one. The Packers are fragile and playing Seattle on week one is a recipe for disaster that's why the leagues scheduled the Pack to play the first Thirsday night game of the season in Seattle. The 31 owners dispose the Packers because they are owned by the fans.
Pumping your chest a little early troll

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rogers has a Favre-I mean Manning-like game we'll lose. When your QB has 3 times as many interceptions + lost fumbles as TDs it's tough to win.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Our offense will never match that. MM plays more conservative. If we have a good lead I see us just running the ball and if there is no 1st down, punt and give up garbage time points. John fox and bill bellacheat are the ones that really like to keep their foot on their enemies throat and keep pushing till the clock runs out. Not us, we don't play that style.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score

and how many trophies does the seaCawks case have? Do they have 13? Didn't think so. Come back and thump that chest when you guys have 13, until then pound sand ya troll D-bag.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I propose a solution to the owners who despise the Packers: Our owners take on the other owners in winner-take-all team wrestling match. There's no way a tiny group of billionaires can handle 352,427 Packers' owners.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Sure the Sea Chicks won the Super Bowl.
But they won the trophy that HAS OUR LEGENDARY COACH'S NAME ON IT!
It's only named after him because he died when he did. I doubt it would have been named after him had he lived another 10 years.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I think that we all can agree that Peyton Manning is a heck of a QB and Denver's Offense was very very good last year. One of the best all time. My question is, Who is to say that our Offense won't have the same problems with Seattle Defense that Manning and that Broncos offense had in the Super Bowl??

Just a thought!!!
Manning doesn't have the arm strength to throw a laser into tight coverage anymore. Aroge does!

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither us or the Seahawks play in the weaker AFC. There are 3-5 teams better than the Broncos in the NFC in my opinion. Another year older doesn't make Manning play better.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Manning's arm is not nearly has strong as it used to be and is not as strong as Rodgers.

He was unable to put the ball quickly into the tight windows Seattle forced him to through into. Rodgers can do that.
should have read this before I posted. great minds

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
It's only named after him because he died when he did. I doubt it would have been named after him had he lived another 10 years.
Yep. It would probably be named after a Viking HC.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Nah, but I don't think they would have named it after anyone. It would just be the Super Bowl trophy.

Either way, the Vikings would still have none in the trophy case.

:whistling:

(Sorry, Raptor. Couldn't resist)

Tokadub

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don´t think anything Wilson has done so far in his career warrants him being considered a top 5 QB, let alone him being the clear cut #2 in the league by the end of the season.

There´s no denying he has some impressive stats, but don´t fool yourself, the Seahawks defense and run game have a lot to do with it.

During his first two seasons opponents have scored an average of 14.9 points vs. Seattle, so Wilson doesn´t have to force a lot of throws as the Seahawks are mostly at least within a score of their opponent (he had only 13 pass attempts last season with the team trailing by more than 8 points).

In addition the run game helps him out tremendously as well. Wilson has the highest percentage of dropbacks which are play action plays and the most time in the pocket to throw since joining the league in 2012.

I just took some time gathering the stats and examples to prove that Wilson IS NOT carried by the defense and the run game. When it matters most Wilson has performed at an extremely high level and put the team on his shoulders. Here are 6 examples from just his Rookie Season:

1) 2012 Week 3 VS PACKERS
Seahawks down 12-7 with 46 seconds to go, Russell Wilson completes 22 yard pass to Sidney Rice. With 8 seconds left completes 24 yard Touchdown to Golden Tate known as “Fail Mary”.

It’s not Wilson’s fault that it was a controversial or bad call, he put the Seahawks in a position to win in a seemingly hopeless situation throwing on 4th and 10 with 8 seconds to go.

I tend to agree that it looked more like an interception as far as who seemed to have a better hold on the ball. However, Tate did get his feet down first. I’m no NFL rules expert but I think we can all agree it was unfortunate to end the game in that manner regardless of the outcome since it was such a freakish play.

2) 2012 Week 6 VS Patriots Seahawks start the 4th quarter down 20-10. Patriots hit a Field Goal with 9:25 remaining in 4th quarter, Patriots now lead 23-10. Wilson hits Golden Tate for 51 yards. Then he follows that up with 2 more 10 yard passes for the Touchdown. Seahawks get the ball back with 2:38 left to go down 23-17. Wilson runs for 9 yards. Then throws a 46 yard bomb to Sidney Rice for the Touchdown with 1:27 to go and takes the lead 23-24 for the victory.

Wilson finishes the game 16/27 for 293 yards. 3 Touchdowns 0 Interceptions.

3) 2012 Week 13 VS Bears Seahawks are down 10-14 with 3:40 remaining in the 4th quarter and 97 yards to go... Wilson completes the drive with a 14 yard Touchdown pass to Golden Tate with 32 seconds remaining to give the Seahawks a 17-14 lead for the win. During this drive Wilson threw for 75 yards going 6/9. Wilson also recovered a fumble and ran for 19 yards during this final drive.

And as if that 97 yard drive wasn't enough from Wilson…The Bears got the ball with 24 seconds left and Cutler hit a 56 yard throw to Brandon Marshall who was defended by Richard Sherman. Gould hit a 46 yard field goal tying the game 17-17 with 3 seconds remaining.

In Overtime Wilson went 3/3 for 38 yards connecting with Michael Robinson, Doug Baldwin, and finally to Sidney Rice who sacrificed himself taking a monster hit without dropping the ball for the game winning Touchdown for the Seahawks who won 23-17. What made this drive even more impressive for Wilson was that he also ran 3 times for 28 yards, all 3 of his runs resulting in a first down!

Wilson finishes the game 23/37 for 293 yards. 2 Passing Touchdowns 0 Interceptions and 71 yards rushing (7.9 yards per run).

4) 2012 Week 17 VS Rams Seahawks are down 13-10 with 5:11 remaining in the 4th quarter with 80 yards to go... Wilson completes the drive running it in for the Touchdown. Wilson went 2/3 for 48 yards, and he also ran 3 times for 21 yards including the 1 yard Touchdown to win the game.

Wilson finishes the game 15/19 (79%) for 250 yards (over 13 yards per pass attempt). 1 Passing Touchdowns 0 Interceptions and 58 yards rushing.

5) 2012 Week 1 Playoffs VS Redskins Seahawks are down 13-14 with 10:53 remaining in the 4th quarter with 79 yards to go... Wilson completes the drive 2/4 for 29 yards and also threw to Zach Miller for the 2 point conversion giving the Seahawks a 21-14 lead.

Out of the 5 comeback games in Wilson’s career up to this point, this is the only game where Marshawn Lynch really carried the offense for the winning drive. Lynch ran for 50 yards on 3 carries including a Touchdown run. However Wilson still played well hitting a 22 yard throw to Zach Miller on 3rd and 10. Wilson also completed the 2 point conversion, once again to Tight End Zach Miller.

Wilson finishes the game 15/26 for 187 yards. 1 Passing Touchdowns 0 Interceptions and 67 yards rushing (8.4 yards per run).

6) 2012 Week 2 Playoffs VS Falcons Seahawks are down 0-20 at the start of the second half…

Wilson scores on 1st drive of 2nd half throwing 3/3 for 59 yards ending with a 29 yard Touchdown pass to Golden Tate. Wilson also ran twice for a total of 19 yards.

Seahawks get the ball back down 7-27 with 2:11 remaining in 3rd quarter and 80 yards to go… Wilson throws 4/4 for 69 yards. Wilson concludes the drive with a 1 yard Touchdown run, the previous play being Marshawn Lynch running for no gain…

Seahawks get the ball back down 14-27 with 11:03 remaining in 4th quarter… Wilson throws 3/3 for 57 yards including a Touchdown throw to Zach Miller.

Seahawks get the ball back down 21-27 with 3:00 remaining in 4th quarter and 61 yards to go… Wilson throws 3/4 for 50 yards. Wilson also ran for 5 yards on his one attempt and Marshawn Lynch caps off the drive with a 2 yard Touchdown run.

SEAHAWKS HAD TAKEN THE LEAD 28-27 WITH 34 SECONDS REMAINING IN THE 4th QUARTER!!! The Seahawks defense crumbled at this point allowing Matt Ryan to go 2/2 for 41 yards which set up the Falcon’s winning Field Goal giving them a 28-30 lead with 8 seconds remaining. Here is where Wilson’s only interception occurred out of these 6 very impressive games during his ROOKIE SEASON…

During Wilson’s 4 Touchdown drives in the 2nd half he threw 13/14 (92.8%) for 235 yards (16.8 yards per attempt).

Wilson finishes the game 24/36 for 385 yards. 2 Passing Touchdowns 1 Interceptions (Hail Mary with 2 seconds left to go) and 60 yards rushing (8.6 yards per run), including a Touchdown run.

THAT IS 6 EXAMPLES IN JUST WILSON’S ROOKIE SEASON THAT PROVE HE IS NOT CARRIED BY THE DEFENSE. During these 6 games Wilson threw for 11 Touchdowns and just 1 Interception!

I think these 6 games prove that Wilson is not good just because of the Seahawk’s amazing defense. Keep in mind Wilson is playing in the NFC West, hands down the best defensive division in the entire league. Having a good defense in this division does not guarantee you many wins, the Seahawks NEED Russell Wilson to play at an incredibly high level to be able to take the #1 seed and home-field advantage in the NFC.

If anything it was the defense that let the Seahawks down in 2012, all they had to do was prevent the Falcons from scoring with 34 seconds left and the Seahawks may have already won 2 Super Bowls. Don’t forget the Seahawks scored 58, 50, and 42 points in 3 of their last 4 regular season games in 2012.

So Russell Wilson had five 4th quarter comebacks (game winning drives) in his rookie Season. He should have had six if not for the defense breaking down VS the Falcons.

If you think Wilsons rookie season was a fluke… well he had five more comeback victory game winning drives in 2013. The Seahawks almost lost home field advantage to the 49ers even though they were 13-3… if Wilson had just one less comeback victory the Seahawks may have not won the Superbowl.

I hope that is convincing enough with all the necessary supporting stats and specific examples of why it is misleading to say Wilson is only good because of his defense. Because in truth the Seahawks would be nothing without Wilson no matter how good their defense may be.

Sources:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/seattleseahawks/schedule?team=SEA&season=2012&seasonType=REG

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=WilsRu00

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I am not here to troll. We just talk good football and of course, debate. I will not get into the formalities of posting a link unless ask by someone else. In other words, if I make a trivial statement that I know anyone else can look-up, I won't bother to post the source. Makes it easier to me. You might say I kinda refuse to render everyone as a dumb-:poop:.

Not to insult you, but that's just ignorance meandering in what is probably a rational mind. All I mean is, you, along with the majority of us who watch are untaught. Regarding a QB coming into the league and "Starting DAY ONE", why would anyone choose a 'never-has-been' over the most successful QB in the history of the league going into his 3rd year? Read that statement again, please. It's important both you, and everyone else understands what I just said. I hope we understand each other.

Luck, is a flat out bust compared to Russell Wilson -- there is no comparison. AL gives up the ball way too much whereas Russell Wilson, well, he doesn't. Unless of course you consider 19 pics in two full years as too many (he holds the rook record for differential). Luck, makes poor decisions always forcing the ball. Show me a turnover machine, and I'll show you, Andrew Luck. The reason both he and RGIII get their attention is due to the hype coming out of college. Everyone bought into it and now the media along with all the others who were lead astray just can't admit they were wrong. The real star has always been RW3 in Seattle. Hell, we 12's have known it all along. He's a winner from the word Go and denial doesn't make it any different.

Putting Wilson's work to the test, only the Hamburglar in Pittsburgh can be mentioned 'in passing', and I'm not talking about a football. When you get astute about it, BR's #'s pale with Russell's. Where success is concerned, Russell Wilson stands alone. The NFL has never seen anything like this youngster out of Virginia, the math and his Championship prove it beyond doubt.

Come this Thursday night, the world will once again be reintroduced to the best in the business with the only ones still doubting, The Packer Backers.

:laugh:

". . . Luck hands down."

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hey everyone is entitled to an opinion and the original poster posted That "more would take Luck right now" and I tend to agree. I don't care where someone was drafted or your "3rd round feel good story" as if you get real honest with yourself most GM's in the league if building a football team from the ground up would take Andrew Luck. Yeah.

Luck went into one of the worse situations in NFL with Peyton Manning leaving town and turned it around with a mediocre defense and limited weapons. The Colts were basically written off when Andrew Luck rolled into town. Yeah he has made some bad decision making but the guy has been asked to do way more then Russell Wilson. There is no way Russell Wilson could of gone into Indy and did for the Colts what Luck did. NO WAY

Hey buddy I got a question for ya? How did Andrew Luck look right here below? Did you get a good view of that? Looks like he dropped one on your boy there. "The best corner in the world" if I remember right. Who won that game? Can't have it both ways.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

So get your little game manager to put his "big boy pants" on Thursday and try to go toe to toe with the best no.12 in front of all the "12th goons".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts