Will the Packers win in Seattle? You bet they will!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 6794

So first of all let me just say I am a Seahawks fan, but this is my top 5 list of QB's in the league (so you guys know I'm not some hater of your team).

1) Aaron Rodgers
2) Tom Brady
3) Peyton Manning
4) Drew Brees
5) Russell Wilson

I could see Wilson moving up from the #5 spot during this season though, and it will most likely be Wilson and Aaron Rodgers as the clear cut #1 and #2 QB's in the league in the near future. Brady, Manning, and Brees are all old and I don't think anyone else in the league comes close to these top 5 I just listed.

Now before you jump all over me with "this is crazy talk!" let's just look at some stats of how Wilson compares to other top QB's.

I don´t think anything Wilson has done so far in his career warrants him being considered a top 5 QB, let alone him being the clear cut #2 in the league by the end of the season.

There´s no denying he has some impressive stats, but don´t fool yourself, the Seahawks defense and run game have a lot to do with it.

During his first two seasons opponents have scored an average of 14.9 points vs. Seattle, so Wilson doesn´t have to force a lot of throws as the Seahawks are mostly at least within a score of their opponent (he had only 13 pass attempts last season with the team trailing by more than 8 points).

In addition the run game helps him out tremendously as well. Wilson has the highest percentage of dropbacks which are play action plays and the most time in the pocket to throw since joining the league in 2012.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You guys are better than San Fran this year. The train is coming off that track.

It's way to early to give up on the Niners. They are still positioned to get guys back and make a late year run. People gave up on them last year a bit too around mid-season.

John Storbeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MVP? A couple pre-season games and now Russell Wilson could be MVP? Are you serious? The guy throws the ball 25 times a game and averages about 210 yards passing a game. He couldn't even lock down the Super bowl MVP.

Hey, I know hawk nation thinks there going to have this "juggernaut offense" but lets just see what happens. I would hardly call running it up in the pre-season on the Bears and Chargers reason to start throwing around MVP to Russell Wilson or nobody is gonna be able to stop you.

You got question marks at both tackles IMO and Harvin hasn't played a full season in how long? I'm also not ready to put Baldwin and Kearse up there with the top receivers in the league. These guys combined for "72 catches" and "1124 yards" and "9 TD's". That's combined buddy. I wouldn't call that "elite" or "top level" by any means. Along with all of that Lynch is starting to show signs of "bald tires".

Geez, I thought I was getting excited about our defense this year but I would never expect or think or say "nobody is going to be able to move the ball or score on us this year". Might want to slow it down a little there turbo with all this "nobody will stop our offense" hype. I can't wait for the big "rude awakening"

Based on stats the Seahawks offensive attack was indeed "pedestrian" as Chris Carter said last year. I also admit that I am probably lumped as a Seahawk homer so instead of going into a Hawk love fest I will just say that I have never seen this offense this talented. I have been through decades of rotten football here, the Packers have never really been down for long so perhaps bad teams might escape you LOL. But when the biggest critic of Wilson (constantly called him a game manager) has to reassess his position and says perhaps the Hawks will be a dynasty, then there is some merit.
http://mmqb.si.com/2014/08/25/seattle-seahawks-repeat-super-bowl-prediction/ (The guy says the Seahawks were the best team he saw but because they are trying to repeat, he doesn't pick them, weird. He does pick the Broncos to go back and it is even more unlikely that the super bowl loser returns).

If I am wrong I'm wrong but I think this game will be lopsided, I just don't see any weaknesses on this team but if anybody can expose us, it's the Packers and that is no lie :D

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Based on stats the Seahawks offensive attack was indeed "pedestrian" as Chris Carter said last year. I also admit that I am probably lumped as a Seahawk homer so instead of going into a Hawk love fest I will just say that I have never seen this offense this talented. I have been through decades of rotten football here, the Packers have never really been down for long so perhaps bad teams might escape you LOL. But when the biggest critic of Wilson (constantly called him a game manager) has to reassess his position and says perhaps the Hawks will be a dynasty, then there is some merit.
http://mmqb.si.com/2014/08/25/seattle-seahawks-repeat-super-bowl-prediction/ (The guy says the Seahawks were the best team he saw but because they are trying to repeat, he doesn't pick them, weird. He does pick the Broncos to go back and it is even more unlikely that the super bowl loser returns).

If I am wrong I'm wrong but I think this game will be lopsided, I just don't see any weaknesses on this team but if anybody can expose us, it's the Packers and that is no lie :D

Great. I am sure there are many places over there in Seattle for you to have a "Hawk Love Fest". I really don't have the desire or the time for it. It's great you guys are excited about your offense and your team and keep thinking and believing this is going to be a lopsided affair.

For you to believe you have no weakness just proves what I have been saying about the Seahawk fan base. I could go over a couple"glaring weakness's" or "questions marks" your team has but you will just have to wait till Thursday night.

John Storbeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So which is it?
I am simply stating things how I see them, but it is preseason so there is a giant asterisk. Aaron Rodgers looks awesome as well. The difference I see is that we have stopped high powered offenses before, I have yet to see a team slow us down when we were at full power. Last year with Percy we scored 41 against the Vikings, 16 against the Saints at halftime (Percy didn't play the second half with a concussion) and 43 against the Broncos but Pete called off the dogs. It is a small sample size however.

Here are the keys to the game:

The seahawks strength is to run up the middle, can the Packers stop the power run? I do know that Percy will stretch your defense so your front four MUST get pressure and win the line of scrimmage.

Will the new rules affect the LOB?

Will Randall Cobb stretch out our defense? Manning and Brees didn't have these weapons and the Hawks shut both of these guys down (future hall of fame quarterbacks I might add). I would take Rodgers over both of those guys but it is close.

Hawks D vs Lacy. The Packers must control Time of possession and keep Wilson and company off the field.

A Packers victory will look like this:

Run the football, convert on third down keeping long sustained drives and your D line winning the LOS.

John Storbeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great. I am sure there are many places over there in Seattle for you to have a "Hawk Love Fest". I really don't have the desire or the time for it. It's great you guys are excited about your offense and your team and keep thinking and believing this is going to be a lopsided affair.

For you to believe you have no weakness just proves what I have been saying about the Seahawk fan base. I could go over a couple"glaring weakness's" or "questions marks" your team has but you will just have to wait till Thursday night.

What weaknesses do you see? What will be the Packer formula for victory?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I am simply stating things how I see them, but it is preseason so there is a giant asterisk. Aaron Rodgers looks awesome as well. The difference I see is that we have stopped high powered offenses before, I have yet to see a team slow us down when we were at full power. Last year with Percy we scored 41 against the Vikings, 16 against the Saints at halftime (Percy didn't play the second half with a concussion) and 43 against the Broncos but Pete called off the dogs. It is a small sample size however.

Here are the keys to the game:

The seahawks strength is to run up the middle, can the Packers stop the power run? I do know that Percy will stretch your defense so your front four MUST get pressure and win the line of scrimmage.

Will the new rules affect the LOB?

Will Randall Cobb stretch out our defense? Manning and Brees didn't have these weapons and the Hawks shut both of these guys down (future hall of fame quarterbacks I might add). I would take Rodgers over both of those guys but it is close.

Hawks D vs Lacy. The Packers must control Time of possession and keep Wilson and company off the field.

A Packers victory will look like this:

Run the football, convert on third down keeping long sustained drives and your D line winning the LOS.

The gentleman has been polite. Delusional, but polite

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
What weaknesses do you see? What will be the Packer formula for victory?

Well first of all from your other post we don't run a 4-3 or have a "front four" like the hawks play, We play a 3-4 and run multiple schemes out of it.

IMO you have question marks at both tackle spots. Britt is rookie and wont be going up against garbage like he did in pre-season games against the Bears and Chargers. He will be going up against "Clay Matthews" and "Julius Peppers". Big difference. Let's see how does against those guys. I don't think Okung is all that great either. He is inconsistent.

You lack size at the receiver position. IMO Paul Richardson was a wasted draft pick or a reach if nothing else. I know you guys are hyped about Kearse and Baldwin but I wouldn't consider these guys top-shelf. Is Percy Harvin going to stay healthy? This guy is like the hottest girl in high school and dumps you a day before the prom before you even get a kiss.

I know Seahawk fans think Russell Wilson is an MVP candidate but I still haven't seen this guy sit in the pocket under pressure and deliver the ball consistently.

On defense you lack depth. Your a couple injuries away from all the sudden being average. Your D-line depth is depleted and your big dominant 7 man rotation is gone. This is probably the biggest problem hawks have because if you can't get pressure with 4 your whole 4-3 base defense changes.

You went out and traded away yet another draft pick for another slot cover guy "Burley" because all the sudden you have gotten thin there. If Jeremy Lane can't play Thursday because of his groin it spells big trouble for you.

I think that gives you enough clues on how we can beat you.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
What brings you out to the Pacific Northwest?

Well I was born in Green Bay area and my father graduated from law school at the University of Wisconsin and we moved out here when I was a young teenager for his work. I live in Kirkland area now.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

days to go until Mason Crosby goes to Seattle and kicks extra points and kick-offs after many Packers TDs!

Holy schnikies! Just two days boys and girls!

CHIpackFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that we all can agree that Peyton Manning is a heck of a QB and Denver's Offense was very very good last year. One of the best all time. My question is, Who is to say that our Offense won't have the same problems with Seattle Defense that Manning and that Broncos offense had in the Super Bowl??

Just a thought!!!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that we all can agree that Peyton Manning is a heck of a QB and Denver's Offense was very very good last year. One of the best all time. My question is, Who is to say that our Offense won't have the same problems with Seattle Defense that Manning and that Broncos offense had in the Super Bowl??

Just a thought!!!
The NFL is cracking down on defensive pass interference. Seattle will not get away with their style of play.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Just a thought!!!

Aaron Rodgers > Peyton Manning.

Manning has a long history of choking in the playoffs. You also had a Broncos team that believed every word of their own hype and I really think they were blowing off Seattle to start the SB. By the end of the first quarter they were already in desperation mode and were tripping all over themselves. From there it just got worse.

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score

Just a thought!!!
Running game, better game plan........going to be a close game IMO

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manning's arm is not nearly has strong as it used to be and is not as strong as Rodgers.

He was unable to put the ball quickly into the tight windows Seattle forced him to through into. Rodgers can do that.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So first of all let me just say I am a Seahawks fan, but this is my top 5 list of QB's in the league (so you guys know I'm not some hater of your team).

1) Aaron Rodgers
2) Tom Brady
3) Peyton Manning
4) Drew Brees
5) Russell Wilson

I could see Wilson moving up from the #5 spot during this season though, and it will most likely be Wilson and Aaron Rodgers as the clear cut #1 and #2 QB's in the league in the near future. Brady, Manning, and Brees are all old and I don't think anyone else in the league comes close to these top 5 I just listed.

Now before you jump all over me with "this is crazy talk!" let's just look at some stats of how Wilson compares to other top QB's:
I would like to see Wilson put up those kind of numbers with a D that gives up more points. He isn't under any kind of pressure. He knows he wins most games if he can put up 17 pts and then he has Beast mode to carry most of the load. How many YPG does he throw? I bet most qbs in the league could put up great percentages with how little he is asked to throw.

Touchdown/Interception Ratio:

Wilson: 2.74 (if he continues at this rate he'll be ranked 2nd ALL TIME behind Aaron Rodgers)

Passer Rating:

Wilson: 100.6 (if he continues at this rate he'll be ranked 2nd ALL TIME behind Aaron Rodgers)

Here you can see that Wilson is already ranked 2nd all time in two VERY important statistical categories. While most QB's struggle mightily in their first 2 years Wilson has dominated and his efficiency is insane. All indications are that Wilson is poised to have his best season yet, which in my opinion should frighten all other teams.

Now here's some comparisons for how Wilson stacks up against other "Elite" Qb's. I put "Elite" because these comparisons include Andrew Luck who Wilson is FAR superior too even though not many people seem to know it. My apologies for Aaron Rodgers not being in these comparisons. I wrote this up originally on the seahawks.net forums, my point being that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck, and he stacks up quite nicely against Peyton Manning and Tom Brady as well.

Here are the career stats for these 4 QB's and how they compare:

Completion Percentage

1) Manning = 65.5%
2) Wilson = 63.6%
3) Brady = 63.4%
4) Luck = 57%

Yards Per Pass Attempt

1) Wilson = 8.1
2) Manning = 7.7
3) Brady = 7.5
4) Luck = 6.8

Passer Rating

1) Wilson = 100.6
2) Manning = 97.2
3) Brady = 95.7
4) Luck = 81.5

Touchdown/Interception Ratio

1) Wilson = 2.74
2) Brady = 2.7
3) Manning = 2.24
4) Luck = 1.7

Passing Touchdowns Per Season Average

1) Manning = 30.69
2) Wilson = 26
3) Brady = 25.64
4) Luck = 23

Passing Yards Per Season Average

1) Luck = 4098
2) Manning = 4059
3) Brady = 3510
4) Wilson = 3238

Rushing Yards Per Season Average

1) Wilson = 514
2) Luck = 316
3) Brady = 55
4) Manning = 44

Passing + Rushing Yards Per Game Average

1) Luck = 276
2) Manning = 257
3) Wilson = 234
4) Brady = 222

Career Win %

1) Brady = 76.5%
2) Wilson = 75.7%
3) Manning = 67.7%
4) Luck = 65.7%

Total Super Bowl Wins

1) Brady = 3
2) Wilson = 1
3) Manning = 1
4) Luck = 0

Super Bowl Win %

1) Wilson = 100%
2) Brady = 60%
3) Manning = 33%
4) Luck = N/A

Super Bowl Wins Per Season%

1) Wilson = 50%
2) Brady = 21.4%
3) Manning = 6.25%
4) Luck = 0%

Like I said, I think Aaron Rodgers is clearly the #1 QB in the league. But for anyone who is doubting Russell Wilson... you should really take a closer look at his stats. In my opinion he is clearly a top 5 QB in the league already and I think he'll prove that to even the most hardcore doubters this season.

I think we are in for a treat this Thursday with Aaron Rodgers the #1 QB in the league, against in my opinion the future #2 QB Russell Wilson showcasing their skills for the whole world to see.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Random thoughts on how to beat the Seahawks while we're on offense:

1) Bulaga just can't lay an egg like he did last time. I believe he was suffering from tendonitis in his knee that year. With almost 2 years off due to injury, I hope that's long gone.

2) Their defense can be run on up the middle. Not gashed, but it's softer than other places. So, Lacey needs to do a fair bit of A/B gap runs.

2a) It isn't enough to force them to play with an 8th man in the box (7th in nickel) because they bring the SS down anyway to help with the run/play their preferred cover-3 defense anyway.

3) Decide early how best to deal with Sherman. Do match up Jordy ala "strength vs strength" ? Would it be better to let Cobb play with him? Sherman has typically had a harder time with smaller, quicker receivers. If we do something silly, such as split a TE out wide to Sherman's side with WR-trips away, will that force them to keep Sherman over there? Can we come out double TE, double WR and flop them? TE's both wide, WR both in the slot? I'm planning on seeing some interesting formations for the first 25, scripted plays.

Because they play so much zone, play action should help, but back to 2a, just running on them isn't going to get them out of their base looks. We aren't going to "force them out of 2 deep, man to man shells" because that's not their game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts