Will the Packers win in Seattle? You bet they will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
That game has nothing to do with this one. If the Packers were smart they would look at a couple of plays the Vikings ran against the Seahawks that provided good yardage. Yeah I know, but Jarius Wright burned them 2 times that day for 59 yards and a 2 TD's. If Wright can do it coming from Ponder and Cassel......Cobb should be able. Sherman will fall for double move.

I just said the reason they are going to win has little do to with that last debacle. Oh yes. I have reviewed that game a few times. I agree and have already posted that Sherman has a problem with smaller receivers. Since we know where Sherman is going to line up "all game long" I hope McCarthy gives him a "60 minute dose of Cobb".

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
That game has nothing to do with this one. If the Packers were smart they would look at a couple of plays the Vikings ran against the Seahawks that provided good yardage. Yeah I know, but Jarius Wright burned them 2 times that day for 59 yards and a 2 TD's. If Wright can do it coming from Ponder and Cassel......Cobb should be able. Sherman will fall for double move.

However I think your going to see the "fail mary game" get brewed back up here quite a bit on "main stream sports news". I imagine it will hit full gear sometime Monday and we will see replay after replay of the play. I am sure Lance Easley will make yet more appearances in the upcoming week. No matter what players will say all of this does affect them to some degree.

I know Aaron Rodgers remembers and of course McCarhty was there so I think this game carries a little more then just a normal regular season opener. I am just stating that we don't need the 'fail mary game motivation" to smoke these fools. We have the talent to do it alone.

Why in the heck are the Vikings not starting Bridgewater?

Last edited:

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Hope for a clean game, no injuries and solid officiating. Last point being something that impacted the last game between our teams. It had an impact before Tate shoved your D back and made a legit game winning TD catch. Game shouldn't have been close at the end. Blame the NFL, the outcome was what should have been no matter it got there.
Ok, thought it wasn't a bad post till this last paragraph. It was a game between two good teams and there were a ton of crap calls but the final one was clearly an terrible call beyond any question of a doubt. It was so bad that it prompted the NFL to immediately settle with the REF's. In the end It cost us a playoff bye week.

Be that as it may, this is a different season and two different teams are going to play in the opener. The Manning point of emphasis is going to land squarely in our favor and I think Peppers and Matthews are going to change the amount of time plays can be extended by Wilsons Legs. He is as good as anyone at throwing on the run. My hope is we get off to a fast start and take some air out of the crowd. I would love to see the game come down to a last second goal line stand like the Packs opener against the Saints and watch Lacy punch it in.

As to why Petey is disliked I can only answer for USC fans. He broke the rules and bailed before the NCAA could sanction him, but the Trojans paid for it. And its bad manners to chew gum with your mouth open.

Last edited:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I think Carr will be the best one of the bunch.
Haven't seen much of him. What I have seen of Teddy is that he looks pretty good so far. I wish we would have seen him more with the 1's than what we did. But his decision making and look offs look pretty good at this point. He seems to have a nice touch on the ball as well.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Haven't seen much of him. What I have seen of Teddy is that he looks pretty good so far. I wish we would have seen him more with the 1's than what we did. But his decision making and look offs look pretty good at this point. He seems to have a nice touch on the ball as well.

Yeah Bridgewater throws a nice ball. Carr gets the ball out really well from what I have seen. Time will tell I suppose.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

BB--check out his time at USC, and the train wreck he left behind there. Carroll can coach, but his win-at-any-cost philosophy has resulted in a team with the highest(no pun intended) number of suspensions in the league over the last 3 years. The Seahawks led the league in defensive pass interference last year, with nearly double the league average (15 vs 7.7)--certainly a primary reason for the new emphasis on the problem. The post by the Seattle fan is funny, if nothing else.

Thank you, I will :tup:

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im really excited about this game. Ive been telling my friends bet their life savings on the Pack. Oh by the way i live in Las Vegas so betting is big here lol. GoPackGo

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Im really excited about this game. Ive been telling my friends bet their life savings on the Pack. Oh by the way i live in Las Vegas so betting is big here lol. GoPackGo

Well I will be there "all over the money line" plus 210

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

For the Packers to go to Seattle and win on a Thursday nite , the first game of the season, every player, coach, trainer, and equipment man will need to bring their BIG A game along with some good luck. The Seahawks already look to be ready to hit the first play of the first game at 100% ready to go. Coach McCarthy will know this and will know that he and the Packers have to be up to the challenge before they leave for Seattle. Seattle's running attack, M.Lynch, will be looking to rip holes in the Packers D-line. They will need to be ready to stop a top tier running game. Their Defence finished 1st last season and they will be very physical this season. The Packers O-line will need to protect Rodgers and open holes for Lacey, a tall order against Seattle.
The game will be very close at the half with Seattle leading 14 to 13 .
When the teams return in the second half, A.Rodgers and the Packer Offence will come out gunning. A Rodgers to Nelson TD will be the lone highlight of the 3rd qtr. . The Seahawks score early in the 4th qtr. with Wilson throwing to his TE. With a 1 pt. lead , Seattle recovers a fumble and starts down the field. At this point, the Packers defence holds the Seahawks from scoring a TD, but not a field goal. Seattle kicks off to GB with 1:47 remaining on the clock. Lacey has just gotten better as the game has progressed and is ripping off 5 and 6 yard burst as A.Rodgers hits his receivers for 8 and 9 yard grabs. With time running out the Seattle defence stiffens to stop Lacey at the 2 yd. line with 22 sec. remaining . GB calls timeout on 3 rd down and Rodgers walks over to talk with Coach McCarthy. It is amazing that they can hear each other as the Seattle crowd. Rodgers returns to the Packer huddle and calls the play. He lines up in the shootgun with Lacy in the backfield . The ball is snapped and all the receivers and the TE start their routes. Seattle has chosen to bring the house to get at Rodgers. Rodgers cooly tosses a basket pass to Boykin in the left rear corner of the end zone for the
TOUCHDOWN ! The Seahawks protest , but to no avail. Crosby puts the cherry (extra point) on the victory cake.
Seattle can do little with the kickoff and the 8 sec. left on the clock.

Packers Win ! 27 to 24

EliminatorDave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can be troll I guess, not trying to be though. The last time our teams locked horns I was fuming until that last bastardized play. After the replacement ref called it a TD I yelled out IDGAF, we will take it and all the crap that comes from it! Been hosed to many times on similar plays with NFL refs in games that mattered I guess. After further review, like I said before, the play started with the most obvious OPI I think I have seen at the end of the game. The call afterword's was correct in the definition of what is an NFL catch. If you would like I can post a link or picture of Tate with both hands on the ball and both feet on the ground before the D back had feet on the ground ( IIRC, dabck only had one hadnd on the ball at the time..), but I'm sure you've already seen it and it wouldn't matter.
My point is that the missed and phantom calls before occurred that if called correctly, would not have put my home town Hawks in the position they were in. Hawks should have ended that game kneeling down when the gun sounded. Pack fans seem to forget that fact. Call me a troll all you want, doesn't change what should have been before that play occurred.

It's 2014 now, none of that matters. Not here to troll the pack fans, just to offer an opposing fans perspective. Boot me if I'm out of line but I don't think I have been. I didn't come here under the pretense of being a life long Packer fan even though I remember Magic Man turning things around when I was in HS and always liked the Pack because they were owned by the fans. Loved watching Farve also, at least until he retired, un retired and had the NFL shove his career down every NFL's throat.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can be troll I guess, not trying to be though. The last time our teams locked horns I was fuming until that last bastardized play. After the replacement ref called it a TD I yelled out IDGAF, we will take it and all the crap that comes from it! Been hosed to many times on similar plays with NFL refs in games that mattered I guess. After further review, like I said before, the play started with the most obvious OPI I think I have seen at the end of the game. The call afterword's was correct in the definition of what is an NFL catch. If you would like I can post a link or picture of Tate with both hands on the ball and both feet on the ground before the D back had feet on the ground ( IIRC, dabck only had one hadnd on the ball at the time..), but I'm sure you've already seen it and it wouldn't matter.
My point is that the missed and phantom calls before occurred that if called correctly, would not have put my home town Hawks in the position they were in. Hawks should have ended that game kneeling down when the gun sounded. Pack fans seem to forget that fact. Call me a troll all you want, doesn't change what should have been before that play occurred.

It's 2014 now, none of that matters. Not here to troll the pack fans, just to offer an opposing fans perspective. Boot me if I'm out of line but I don't think I have been. I didn't come here under the pretense of being a life long Packer fan even though I remember Magic Man turning things around when I was in HS and always liked the Pack because they were owned by the fans. Loved watching Farve also, at least until he retired, un retired and had the NFL shove his career down every NFL's throat.
OK so you may not be trolling.
But you are clueless.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

As I mentioned before, the game was horrible because of the replacement refs who blew several calls on both sides, and the Fail Mary at the end was not the only call that hosed the Packers in that game. Erik Walden had a clean hit on R. Wilson who was outside of the pocket when (as I recall) Wilson threw an INT. The refs called Walden for roughing the passer. It was a completely bogus call. So if you want to add up the calls that could have potentially taken points off the board for both teams, Hawks don't get +10.

As far as that game goes though, I could care less now. It's a new season, that was 2 seasons ago. Beating the Hawks isn't because of the Fail Mary, it's because they're the champs and I want the Packers to dethrone them and go on to win the SB, like any other fan.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And one more point: one of the things that irked Packer fans so much was to see Pete Carroll jumping up and down on the sidelines like a 16-year old cheerleader throwing his hands up in the air signaling TD when it was so obviously, blatantly the wrong call. Nobody was expecting Carroll to tell the refs that he didn't think it was a TD, but he deserved to have a couple of pom-poms shoved up his *** for that juvenile display.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The seattle crowd fell silent after our DB made the INT.....you could tell they even knew it was a pick. The large video screen showed it to the fans, refs, coaches, players.....hot dog vendor...etc..... we ALL knew it was a pick. Hell, even the side judge who made the original call and who had the best view of what happened signaled that the play was an INT and waved his arms back and forth over his head ....then the paid off scab back judge comes in to change the call??? how the f*k is that? The entire thing was a crock of **** and ANY real fan of ANY team saw and said that it was an INT. Sports casters, media reporters, coaches, players and other refs responded and all said that it was A BAD CALL.

So..... Mr. "IIRC" ......No, you don't remember correctly. You and that scab *** ref were both wrong.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Days left until we go to Seattle and kick the ever livin' (You fill in the blank) out of the Sea Chicks.
And just how excited is our awesome punter Tim Masthay to get to Seattle? He can't wait! Look! He got on some kids bike at training camp, headed west and is still peddling until he gets to Century Link Field. "Gotta keep up my leg strength, coach." Tim should be able to make it in time for the game.
Where, hopefully, we won't need him too much or even at all.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The seattle crowd fell silent after our DB made the INT.....you could tell they even knew it was a pick. The large video screen showed it to the fans, refs, coaches, players.....hot dog vendor...etc..... we ALL knew it was a pick. Hell, even the side judge who made the original call and who had the best view of what happened signaled that the play was an INT and waved his arms back and forth over his head ....then the paid off scab back judge comes in to change the call??? how the f*k is that? The entire thing was a crock of **** and ANY real fan of ANY team saw and said that it was an INT. Sports casters, media reporters, coaches, players and other refs responded and all said that it was A BAD CALL.

So..... Mr. "IIRC" ......No, you don't remember correctly. You and that scab *** ref were both wrong.

This is what I have been trying to explain to everyone and why Seahawk fans get under my skin sooooo much. The majority of Seahawk fans still think it was a catch. I don't even argue it anymore.

John Storbeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what I have been trying to explain to everyone and why Seahawk fans get under my skin sooooo much. The majority of Seahawk fans still think it was a catch. I don't even argue it anymore.

It wasn't a catch, but neither was the pass interference on Chancellor that ultimately landed your only touchdown, I guess resentment still lingers on here. The game was officiated horribly from Clay Mathews roughing the passer to many others. You guys have a golden opportunity this year to go deep in the playoffs and a few of you are still upset about Golden Tate? He isn't even a Seahawk anymore. Had you won the game you would have lost to the Niners (who I hate with the fire of a thousand suns) even if you would have played them at home; they were simply a better team.

I get your frustration but that was two years ago. I suppose it is like arguing with Steeler fans that the Hawks weren't screwed though.

I would like to learn more about your team, who are the players to watch that weren't a part of the 2012 team? Was Greg Jennings a big loss? To the more knowledgeable fans, what matchups do you think the Packers will exploit vs the Seahawks?

Personally I think that this matchup will could possibly decide the NFC this year. You guys play both us and the Saints and I believe the three of our teams will be fighting for supremacy. We don't play the Saints unfortunately so if the Hawks beat the Packers and you beat the Saints, home field is ours BWHAHAHAHAHHAHA. In all seriousness, I was very excited to hear that you guys were first on the schedule.

Niner fans, sorry but you team looks like garbage and the great Stevie Johnson has been trash. Many rumblings that he may or many not make the team, excuse me? Colin did a little too much partying with Ricardo Lockette LOL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts