Will the Packers win in Seattle? You bet they will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliminatorDave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Typical of most fan forums, the homer glasses, revenge etc is strong with most posters. Not here to talk smack just provide some biased ( Hawk fan) responses to what has been said about the Hawks. Any talk of the new, reemphasized defensive back rules having an effect on the Hawks secondary is ridiculous. Who the hell thinks the NFL is protecting the Hawks? They have been the whipping boy for decades, to many bad calls, bad luck, **** poor ownership from that POS from northern California, think Browns that got moved to the NFC west. Really? I am amazed at most uninformed NFL fans claiming the Hawks just get by with mugging, holding etc. Search Youtube, where is the video that consistently shows the defense back "cheating". Your boy got roughed up in Seattle and Chucky went off. Guess what? That was LEGAL play. That's why your boy got the flag. Your agile QB was outside the pocket and guess what that means? The receivers become blockers. Learn the rule book and you may look at things differently, if you cant fathom that then imagine the LOB was on your team. Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas are the key, it isn't Sherman, Browner or the 6 others that look and play like them.

Watched to many years of Holmy D backs playing 10 yards off the ball and whiffing on tackles. Carrol was a D back in college and a D backfield coach in the NFL. He knows how to coach. I get why most fans don't like him, thought the same thing when he was hired. To claim is just a cheater is retarded. Dude came back to the NFL and TAUGHT his secondary how to play. It wasn't a pill, wasn't cheating (review the preseason stats for IC / PI penalties, Hawks have the fewest) it's coaching. ET is the highest draft pick on the D. Inform yourself before spouting the same ignorant BS whiner fans do. Your better than this. Your Packer fans.

Sucks that the Pack is seeing injuries to key starters, no decent NFL wishes for that. The Pack has a chance in the opener, you have the best QB in the league. To say RW is just a running QB just shows ignorance though. He is much more than that, he runs because the Hawks O line sucks and to buy time until his receivers get open. Kapperdink runs to run, just like Vick, R Cunningham and a lot of other QB's that were not solid pocket passers.

Hope for a clean game, no injuries and solid officiating. Last point being something that impacted the last game between our teams. It had an impact before Tate shoved your D back and made a legit game winning TD catch. Game shouldn't have been close at the end. Blame the NFL, the outcome was what should have been no matter it got there.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Typical of most fan forums, the homer glasses, revenge etc is strong with most posters. Not here to talk smack just provide some biased ( Hawk fan) responses to what has been said about the Hawks. Any talk of the new, reemphasized defensive back rules having an effect on the Hawks secondary is ridiculous. Who the hell thinks the NFL is protecting the Hawks? They have been the whipping boy for decades, to many bad calls, bad luck, **** poor ownership from that POS from northern California, think Browns that got moved to the NFC west. Really? I am amazed at most uninformed NFL fans claiming the Hawks just get by with mugging, holding etc. Search Youtube, where is the video that consistently shows the defense back "cheating". Your boy got roughed up in Seattle and Chucky went off. Guess what? That was LEGAL play. That's why your boy got the flag. Your agile QB was outside the pocket and guess what that means? The receivers become blockers. Learn the rule book and you may look at things differently, if you cant fathom that then imagine the LOB was on your team. Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas are the key, it isn't Sherman, Browner or the 6 others that look and play like them.

Watched to many years of Holmy D backs playing 10 yards off the ball and whiffing on tackles. Carrol was a D back in college and a D backfield coach in the NFL. He knows how to coach. I get why most fans don't like him, thought the same thing when he was hired. To claim is just a cheater is retarded. Dude came back to the NFL and TAUGHT his secondary how to play. It wasn't a pill, wasn't cheating (review the preseason stats for IC / PI penalties, Hawks have the fewest) it's coaching. ET is the highest draft pick on the D. Inform yourself before spouting the same ignorant BS whiner fans do. Your better than this. Your Packer fans.

Sucks that the Pack is seeing injuries to key starters, no decent NFL wishes for that. The Pack has a chance in the opener, you have the best QB in the league. To say RW is just a running QB just shows ignorance though. He is much more than that, he runs because the Hawks O line sucks and to buy time until his receivers get open. Kapperdink runs to run, just like Vick, R Cunningham and a lot of other QB's that were not solid pocket passers.

Hope for a clean game, no injuries and solid officiating. Last point being something that impacted the last game between our teams. It had an impact before Tate shoved your D back and made a legit game winning TD catch. Game shouldn't have been close at the end. Blame the NFL, the outcome was what should have been no matter it got there.

Well I could really care less about the "legion of boom rule" but it hardly got brought upon by Packer Fans or the Packer organization I would think. It seems not just fans but owners and players "around the league" have came out and commented on Seahawks defensive back tactics. But let me guess, that's just everyone hating on the Seahawks? I don't think were going to win the game because of the "legion of boom rule". IMO the whole thing has gone completely overboard.

I do agree that Thomas is the straw that "stirs the drink" for you back there and of course every team in the league would want him. Chancellor does an excellent job of what he is asked to do which is mostly play "shortstop". If you got six others like Sherman then why did Schneider give him 14 million instead of playing out his contract? I happen to agree that he is a bit overrated and the money would of been better spent keeping that dominant "7 man rotation" you "had" that made those guys look all the better back there. Hope you can still consistently get pressure with 4 for 60 minutes or the whole hawks defense changes. Ooopsie. Did I fail to mention that Bryant and Clemons were more then solid on first and second down against the run. But hey, you got Sherman. Well see how it plays out.

Wilson is a much more polished QB then Kaepernick and I don't really see anyone comparing him that way other then there both fast. Maybe because we have been spoiled with Rodgers and Favre for so long we just don't quite see him on that level. I understand the hawks offensive line problems but you will have to admit that at times the whole premise on offense was Wilson "running sideline to sideline" and tossing the ball deep. Looks like in pre-season they might have figured some things out. Once again well see how it plays out.

Congrats on your Super Bowl and yes I hope this upcoming game is not decided by bad officiating.

Oh yeah, thanks for letting us know we have a chance to win the opener. Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last point being something that impacted the last game between our teams. It had an impact before Tate shoved your D back and made a legit game winning TD catch. Game shouldn't have been close at the end. Blame the NFL, the outcome was what should have been no matter it got there.
You need to work on your vocabulary or else this is the most clever way of trolling I've ever seen.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where is it that Pete Carroll is a cheat ?
BB--check out his time at USC, and the train wreck he left behind there. Carroll can coach, but his win-at-any-cost philosophy has resulted in a team with the highest(no pun intended) number of suspensions in the league over the last 3 years. The Seahawks led the league in defensive pass interference last year, with nearly double the league average (15 vs 7.7)--certainly a primary reason for the new emphasis on the problem. The post by the Seattle fan is funny, if nothing else.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
BB--check out his time at USC, and the train wreck he left behind there. Carroll can coach, but his win-at-any-cost philosophy has resulted in a team with the highest(no pun intended) number of suspensions in the league over the last 3 years. The Seahawks led the league in defensive pass interference last year, with nearly double the league average (15 vs 7.7)--certainly a primary reason for the new emphasis on the problem. The post by the Seattle fan is funny, if nothing else.

He is an opportunist that's for sure and I am being nice saying that about the guy. "Blood Sucker"

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
". Your boy got roughed up in Seattle and Chucky went off. Guess what? That was LEGAL play. That's why your boy got the flag. Your agile QB was outside the pocket and guess what that means? The receivers become blockers. Learn the rule book and you may look at things differently, if you cant fathom that then imagine the LOB was on your team. Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas are the key, it isn't Sherman, Browner or the 6 others that look and play like. Last point being something that impacted the last game between our teams. It had an impact before Tate shoved your D back and made a legit game winning TD catch. Game shouldn't have been close at the end. Blame the NFL, the outcome was what should have been no matter it got there.

Tell us to learn the rulebook, but think Tate made a legit catch?

Maybe take a look at the rulebook section that describes what a catch is.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, I didn't think he was going to win any friends by writing up that BS.

Typical. Fan of opposing team comes in waving the white flag only to end up trolling instead.
Must be a slow time on the Sea Chicks forums for their fans desperate enough to come over here.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Well, if Tate shoved the D back, then he couldn't have made a legit TD catch because it would have been Offensive pass interference.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was wondering when the first of his kind was going to show up.
Brace yourselves. There will be more to follow when we get closer to game time.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score

They better be glad I don't have mod powers, I would boot their *** right off of here with a QUICKNESS. They are not here for any friendly reason nor do they stay long term and establish themselves. They are here to troll and talk ****, period.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

days till the start of another great and better Packers season because Seneca Wallace says so!

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They better be glad I don't have mod powers, I would boot their *** right off of here with a QUICKNESS. They are not here for any friendly reason nor do they stay long term and establish themselves. They are here to troll and talk ****, period.
Raoptorman is one of the few opposing fans I respect because he shows respect, is humble and keeps it real for his team.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

Well I have been to stadiums all over the NFL and they are definitely a different breed. As you posted he was one of the rare one's I have encountered.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think the Seahawks fan is funny, and every football fan with a brain knows that ball was an interception.

But I have to say, it is becoming impossible to discern whether a catch is a catch, don't you agree? Was watching a game the other night and a receiver (I think w the Bengals) came down with the ball, both feet inbounds; and then fell out of bounds. The ball toggled in his grasp, never touching the ground, and he stood up with it. Looked like a catch to me and to the ref who called it a TD. My wife said it wasn't a catch--and she was right, the call was overturned. B.S. just like the call that took a TD away from the Lions against the Bears couple years ago. Nobody knows what a catch is anymore, it seems.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I think the Seahawks fan is funny, and every football fan with a brain knows that ball was an interception.

But I have to say, it is becoming impossible to discern whether a catch is a catch, don't you agree? Was watching a game the other night and a receiver (I think w the Bengals) came down with the ball, both feet inbounds; and then fell out of bounds. The ball toggled in his grasp, never touching the ground, and he stood up with it. Looked like a catch to me and to the ref who called it a TD. My wife said it wasn't a catch--and she was right, the call was overturned. B.S. just like the call that took a TD away from the Lions against the Bears couple years ago. Nobody knows what a catch is anymore, it seems.
It depends on who the NFL has picked to win the game. :)

That is why the Packers have no chance in Seattle.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

You said in another thread you thought we had a 30 percent chance. Now your saying we have no chance. Which one is it?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
30% chance in Seattle is like no chance. ;)

Well I beg to differ. I believe were going to win and not because of the "fail mary game". I will take Aaron Rodgers with this roster and plus 220 in any stadium.

We might have the defense people are talking about Friday morning after this game.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And here I thought you were a reasonable person.;)

Here's the catch rule:

COMPLETED OR INTERCEPTED PASS
Article 3 Completed or Intercepted Pass.
A player who makes a catch may advance the ball. A
forward
pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by
the defense) if a player, who is inbounds:
(a) secures control of the ball in his hands or arms p
rior to the ball touching the ground; and
(b) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or wi
th any part of his body other than his hands
; and
(c) maintains control of the ball long enough, after
(a) and (b) have been fulfilled, to enable him to
perform any act common to the game (i.e., maintaining
control long enough to pitch it, pass it,
advance with it, or avoid or ward off an opponent, etc
.).
Note 1: It is not necessary that he commit such an a
ct, provided that he maintains control of the ball l
ong
enough to do so.
Note
: If a player has control of the ball, a slight movem
ent of the ball will not be considered a loss of
possession. He must lose
control of the ball in order to rule that there has been
a loss of possession.

So the play I mentioned WAS a catch, by the rule. But, since nobody knows what a catch is; it's a 50/50 chance of not being a catch. Classic Catch 22.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And here's the simultaneous possession rule:

Item 5: Simultaneous Catch.
If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible
opponents, and both players
retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not
a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first
and an
opponent subsequently gains joint control.
If the ball
is muffed after simultaneous touching by two such
players, all the players of the passing team become
eligible to catch the loose ball.

As all knowledgeable football fans know, the important part of the rule is underlined. The back judge in Seattle got the call right, signalling the interception. The scab ref didn't.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Well I beg to differ. I believe were going to win and not because of the "fail mary game". I will take Aaron Rodgers with this roster and plus 220 in any stadium.
That game has nothing to do with this one. If the Packers were smart they would look at a couple of plays the Vikings ran against the Seahawks that provided good yardage. Yeah I know, but Jarius Wright burned them 2 times that day for 59 yards and a 2 TD's. If Wright can do it coming from Ponder and Cassel......Cobb should be able. Sherman will fall for double move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts