Will the Packers win in Seattle? You bet they will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
We are going to beat the Seahawks upfront on both sides of the ball, plain and simple.
First, of course I hope all who are voicing extreme optimism are right. Second, the ;) meant I was kidding (not sure if you were responding to that). Third, the kool-aid comment to AmishMafia was a joke. Fourth, AmishMafia's predictions have more to do with than just the Seattle game. Seriously those are some predictions by AmishMafia - no doubt why he called them shocking. One in particular: "Packers defense will be better by points allowed than either Seattle or 49ers." As you probably know, Seattle was first in points allowed and San Fran was third while the Packers were tied for 24th last season. The Packers allowed 12.4 ppg and 9.8 ppg more than those two teams respectively. That kind of huge turnaround of a defense would probably win Dom Capers an award :eek: (because I don't expect both Seattle's and San Fran's D to implode).

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
First, of course I hope all who are voicing extreme optimism are right. Second, the ;) meant I was kidding (not sure if you were responding to that). Third, the kool-aid comment to AmishMafia was a joke. Fourth, AmishMafia's predictions have more to do with than just the Seattle game. Seriously those are some predictions by AmishMafia - no doubt why he called them shocking. One in particular: "Packers defense will be better by points allowed than either Seattle or 49ers." As you probably know, Seattle was first in points allowed and San Fran was third while the Packers were tied for 24th last season. The Packers allowed 12.4 ppg and 9.8 ppg more than those two teams respectively. That kind of huge turnaround of a defense would probably win Dom Capers an award :eek: (because I don't expect both Seattle's and San Fran's D to implode).

I get it now but the Niners defense has become suspect in the middle with injuries and there not getting any younger.

I really want this 2014 Packer defense to make Vince smile.

AZpackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think this team is quite ready yet to go into Seattle and beat them......maybe if we get them in the playoffs.....it's a long season.

Bignutz

I'm a victim of coicumstances!
Reaction score
Post your reasons why you can see the Packers winning in Seattle.
Here's mine:
We have our 12th man (See my avatar pic) who will shut up their 12th man (and woman and child.)

Packers are a Super Bowl caliber and winning team. These are not the Cleveland Clowns!

Packers will get plenty of time to study and prepare for this one.

We won't have any scab refs this time to screw up any last second calls. (Instead we will have the regular refs to screw up any last second calls.)
Seriously, these guys are the pros and not amateurs.

Just because they are the Green Bay Packers.

I am really looking forward to this one being our first game.
Your thoughts?

Don't know if it's just preseason euphoria or what but I feel better about this years squad going into the season than I have in years.
Having said that, I don't feel real good about this first game. I think we can beat the Seahawks at there place but it will take a huge effort.
Remember, it's not how you start the season it's how you finish it that gets you to the SB!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
PackersBacker linked to WalterFootball regarding the Packers - Raiders game but the Seahawks - Bears game was reviewed first. Here's how it starts:
If this preseason has been any indication, the Seahawks are going to be nearly impossible to stop this year. They've always been a defense-first football team, but their offense has appeared to completely catch up, thanks to the maturation of Russell Wilson and return of Percy Harvin. Wilson was amazing in this contest. Granted, he was battling one of the worst defenses in the NFL, but 15-of-20 for 202 yards and two touchdowns in slightly more than one half of action is not something that can be ignored.
http://walterfootball.com/preseason2014week3.php

I didn't get to watch much of the game but the few plays I watched the Seahawks looked good. Of course I'm not saying the Packers will lose but 'the reports of the Seahawks' demise' look to have been exaggerated.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilson is one knee injury away from mediocrity. I think scrambling QBs are fun to watch. You just don't get to watch them very long--unless they're Fran Tarkenton.

D

Deleted member 6794

It will be interesting to see what Cutler and company do up in Seattle against there big D tonight as its the 3rd pre-season game and starters will most likely play entire 1st half. Plus everybody already know Carroll plays pre-sesaon games like there regular season games.

The Bears put up zero points while Cutler was in there and didn't score until there were six minutes left in the game, getting six points on two FGs.

Seems like the Seahawks defense still has something left in the tank after all.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears put up zero points while Cutler was in there and didn't score until there were six minutes left in the game, getting six points on two FGs.

That's what I said.
The didn't lose any of their KEY guys on defense at all.

12 Days Til we invade Seattle.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I think these might be the best 2 teams in the NFL right now.
SF, Den have arguments otherwise. We'll see, and it might fluctuate between now & January.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the refs continue to throw the flag against d-backs in the regular season, Rogers could have the greatest game in the history of passing against the Seaholders.
Won't help. Stat line will look like:

Rodger 12/32/218/3/0
penalties Seahawks 24/177 yds

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

I didn't say there defense was going to suck. I said you can run on them and they will have a harder time getting pressure with 4 consistently. I said they won't be as dominant. If you watched the game you would of seen the Bears didn't even really try to run the ball using Forte. Even with that Cutler had time back there and missed open receivers on several throws. When Cutler made good throws the balls were dropped on a few. I can't help it that Cutler and Bears still suck.

I have said it before that you don't go into the Link and try to throw the ball all over the place. You need to go in there and run it right down there throats and set up the play action while mixing in screens being patient. Shots down field will come. We have the offense to pick them apart with A-rod and Lacy and our O-line.

Also, you need to have a defense that can get off the field at least one dam time. The bears defense is beyond horrible.

D

Deleted member 6794

I didn't say there defense was going to suck. I said you can run on them and they will have a harder time getting pressure with 4 consistently. I said they won't be as dominant. If you watched the game you would of seen the Bears didn't even really try to run the ball using Forte. Even with that Cutler had time back there and missed open receivers on several throws. When Cutler made good throws the balls were dropped on a few. I can't help it that Cutler and Bears still suck.

I have said it before that you don't go into the Link and try to throw the ball all over the place. You need to go in there and run it right down there throats and set up the play action while mixing in screens being patient. Shots down field will come. We have the offense to pick them apart with A-rod and Lacy and our O-line.

Also, you need to have a defense that can get off the field at least one dam time. The bears defense is beyond horrible.

Whatever. You posted earlier in this thread that you're interested in what Cutler and the Bears offense will do against their defense, probably expecting them to put up points and some good numbers, and I was just pointing out that they didn't allow anything.

Of course I was assuming you'll come up with tons of excuses for why they were able to stop them but honestly I didn't even read your entire response and don't care about it.

I have a lot of respect for their defense and the Packers offense will have a hard time scoring against them, but I'm still optimistic we can pull an upset at CenturyLink Field. But everyone thinking that will be a cakewalk is in for a rude awakening.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Whatever. You posted earlier in this thread that you're interested in what Cutler and the Bears offense will do against their defense, probably expecting them to put up points and some good numbers, and I was just pointing out that they didn't allow anything.

Of course I was assuming you'll come up with tons of excuses for why they were able to stop them but honestly I didn't even read your entire response and don't care about it.

I have a lot of respect for their defense and the Packers offense will have a hard time scoring against them, but I'm still optimistic we can pull an upset at CenturyLink Field. But everyone thinking that will be a cakewalk is in for a rude awakening.

Yeah I said that because Cutler is fearless at taking shots down field and he did last night. In fact he threw a dime for a long touchdown that should of been of caught. Also meaning he was going to play a whole half so Seahawk db's were going to get tested because Cutler would have time to throw which he did.

If receivers drop balls and Aaron Rodgers has a bad night and our defense can't get off the field then the Seahawks will most likely beat us.

Right now I don't really care about the stupid Bears vs Seahawks preseason game as I am more concerned with Raji injury.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

I know you were waiting to have your "Seahawk love fest" this morning so I am going to defer anymore of this to Sept. 4th.

I will be more then happy to discuss your "Seahawk love fest" then.

D

Deleted member 6794

I know you were waiting to have your "Seahawk love fest" this morning so I am going to defer anymore of this to Sept. 4th.

I will be more then happy to discuss your "Seahawk love fest" then.

Geez, it's really not that tough for me to show some respect for other good teams while always rooting for the Packers. Nothing to do with any love fest.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Geez, it's really not that tough for me to show some respect for other good teams while always rooting for the Packers. Nothing to do with any love fest.

And I don't think anyone is saying including myself that the Seahawks aren't a good team. If you don't bring your "A" game to the Link they can blow you out. I even told a friend of mine who is a die hard Seahawk fan they were going to score a bunch of points on Bears.

Dude, nobody cares about the preseason but as long as no other team dethrones them they are the Super Bowl champions!!!

Lets talk about something important. Who is going to replace Raji? I wonder how close Guion is to being back.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The enemy of my enemy is a friend
Or in this case, rival.

If it came down to the Packers getting into the playoffs of a game where the 9ers had to beat the Bears, you bet we'd be rooting for your team even though I loved the sweet revenge the Sea Chickens gave them.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Days to kickoff to watch our beloved Packers win over the Sea Chickens.

In a related story, Matt Damon has signed on to play Matt Flynn in the biopic, "Welcome back to the Pack, Matt."
A based on true story of one quarterback's quest to find where he fits which he then realizes is where he started from.

Status
Not open for further replies.