Will the Packers win in Seattle? You bet they will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Post your reasons why you can see the Packers winning in Seattle.
Here's mine:
We have our 12th man (See my avatar pic) who will shut up their 12th man (and woman and child.)

Packers are a Super Bowl caliber and winning team. These are not the Cleveland Clowns!

Packers will get plenty of time to study and prepare for this one.

We won't have any scab refs this time to screw up any last second calls. (Instead we will have the regular refs to screw up any last second calls.)
Seriously, these guys are the pros and not amateurs.

Just because they are the Green Bay Packers.

I am really looking forward to this one being our first game.
Your thoughts?

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I'm very happy we are playing Seattle in Seattle first game of the season. I want to beat Seattle in their building to shut up the national media and get justice for the Fail Mary. Be scared Seattle....Revenge is a dish best served cold. We are going to win because our guys, especially Rodgers are going to have chip on their shoulder. GO PACK GO

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure hope so. Should be a close, hard-fought game. Not one I'd bet on. Just hope I'm able to watch it! Might not have access to internet or tele at that time :/

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 24 Seattle 17. With our improved running game and stronger defense, the Packers will limit Seattles offense in regards to time on the field. Especially if Lynch remains a hold out. The only way I see Seattle winning is if we blow it. penalties at crucial times and or turnovers.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm placing a bet on Seattle to win. :)
As we get closer to game time I expect that we will get our fair amount of Seahawks trolls and chest thumpers as we do with every game that has a team with bragging rights.
It would be nice if yours was the only objective viewpoint since you are one of the few who root for other teams on here who I can respect.

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Very tough place to play there in Seattle. Just keep your fingers crossed that the team can pull out a huge win. As that would be such a huge confidence booster going into the season. A week 1 win will set the tone of the rest of the season.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately I am prepared to lose this game. Seattle is at home, on the Super Bowl Champion shindig. However, I believe Rodgers and the Pack will put forth an incredibly valiant effort, such that we will, at the very least, have a good chance at an upset. Hope for the best prepare for the worst.
I looked at the schedules of Seattle and New Orleans. By estimation is very realistic for them to go about 11-5. So as long as we go 12-4 or better, we can avoid having to play at either place in the playoffs.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I live in Seattle and I am going to be in Vegas for this game. I was at the last game and I like the Packers on the "money line". It's like plus 210 and great value.

I had many reason the Packers would win this game and they are only growing. I think it's possible we could run them off the field and I haven't lost my mind. I love this game.

They probably wont have Lynch and if they do they are going to get an older, fatter version that really doesn't want to play anymore. They have lost a little bit of there hunger and the team is not the same team that just won the Super Bowl. They have holes.

On offense I think we will be able to run the ball on them. They lost there best defenders on the D-line against the run other then Bennett and they are hoping young guys that have never played will fill those shoes. Pre-season games will show something there. If they cant get pressure and disrupt Rodgers with rushing 4 then Rodgers and are receivers will beat there big legion of Boom defense. Oh yeah I almost forgot. They got three important players coming off significant surgeries on defense. One of them being Chancellor who is really the only one back there that brings any boom. The rest are average to mediocre tacklers. Irvin and Smith are also recovering from surgery.

On defense I like how we match up. I think Shields can contain Harvin but they do have other fast receivers. They really don't have a true no.1. Our secondary plays better receivers almost every week. Where I think we can get them is getting to Wilson and disrupting him. They have offensive line issues. There going to have a rookie playing right tackle which "Claymaker" should welcome to the league nicely. That means they will have to double him and Peppers gets 1 v 1. Everyone is hyping up this Christine Michael guy but he isn't a three down back and he cant block. Plus he is injury prone. Turbin averaged 3.5 yards a carry last year and is mediocre. No hungry Lynch equals no 'beast mode' and mediocre running game.

The only real thing that makes it tough is there stupid annoying crowd that call themselves "12's". I'm betting on the real number 12 who happens to be the best 12 in the game. Pack is a good road team. We have won plenty of big games on the road in hostile places. If Seahawks can get to Rodgers with 4 it will be close. If they can't it could be a shocker and send the 12's home crying early on "banner night". The only other thing that could possibly screw it up is turnovers. I plan on celebrating sept. 4th. Packers "money line".

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Seattle is a damn good team with a great defense and perhaps the best home field advantage in the NFL. Obviously I'm hoping for a win but IMO the line has it right: A Packers win will be an upset. And of course it's more important how the Packers are playing toward the end of the season than how they begin it.
The Packers should win. but don't forget who the HC of the Packers is...when was the last time he was not outcoached in a big game?
The last game they played. The 49ers won but compare the relative health and availability of each roster and tell me how McCarthy got out-coached. For example, he didn't coach Hyde to drop the potential game winning INT.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Seattle is a damn good team with a great defense and perhaps the best home field advantage in the NFL. Obviously I'm hoping for a win but IMO the line has it right: A Packers win will be an upset. And of course it's more important how the Packers are playing toward the end of the season than how they begin it. The last game they played. The 49ers won but compare the relative health and availability of each roster and tell me how McCarthy got out-coached. For example, he didn't coach Hyde to drop the potential game winning INT.

I agree that you want to go in the Playoff hot but lets not fool ourselves here. It's a big game and we need to win a big game. It will no doubt help later down the road.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that you want to go in the Playoff hot but lets not fool ourselves here. It's a big game and we need to win a big game. It will no doubt help later down the road.
Obviously the more wins we can get the better. Especially in big games to show other teams that we mean business.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Awesome matchup Green Bay O vs Seattle D. I think the Packer O will prevail. I used to hold Seahawks season tickets just to be able to cherry pick the good games and fly down to watch. Got tired of paying for preseason games and the hassle of selling unwanted tix. Being a packer fan it Blew my mind that they would contact me each year BEGGING me to renew. This game makes me wish I still had em, and I'd think about going to the game but it's just too awesome a time up here. I think the Packer O will be clicking and the D will suprise. Super Bowl hangover for Seattle. Green Bay 27-17

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If we would of somehow marched in there last year the banged up team we were I would of "hoped for the best" but this is a completely different situation.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I am hoping for the Sea Chickens to be over confident and that will be their downfall.

I also want to see hot passes and catches to Nelson and Cobb to shut up Big Mouth Sherman.

Remember, Sherman has problems against smaller quicker guys. I'd like McCarthy to give 'bigmouth" a heavy dose of Cobb.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember, Sherman has problems against smaller quicker guys. I'd like McCarthy to give 'bigmouth" a heavy dose of Cobb.

I'll have to try and remember to re-post these when the Sea Chick fans get here.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I am hoping for the Sea Chickens to be over confident and that will be their downfall.

I also want to see hot passes and catches to Nelson and Cobb to shut up Big Mouth Sherman.

"Overconfident" isn't the word. There having yet another super bowl party the Saturday after the Packers game hosted by by Lynch(who isn't even at camp) and Earl Thomas. A little damper might get put on that. lol.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No offense and I'm not looking to start anything.
I'm honestly surprised to read that coming from you.

Does not mean I will not be pulling for them. I do think we have a great chance of winning, a lot more than most experts will be giving us. I just do not think we are more likely than not to win.
If you had to bet a house, a job, or some mafia dude kidnapped your wife or family and said if you pick correctly they live, incorrectly, they die, which would you choose? See what I mean?
I really love this team a lot but when faced with daunting tasks like this, I try to measure my enthusiasm with realistici expectations.
Again, I cannot make this clear enough. I think we have a far greater shot than most will give us. I just do not think it is a probability (more likely than not).

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If those were the stakes I would bet Green Bay and not just because I am a Packer fan. Is it possible Green Bay could lose. Yes. I just think everyone has this Super Bowl Denver memory in there head but this is completely different situation. I would be very very surprised if Packers lost this game without losing the turnover score and Aaron Rodgers hardly throws interceptions and Eddy Lacy doesn't really fumble. Like I said in earlier post. If they cant disrupt Rodgers with 4 he will carve them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts