Will the Packers still go to the White House?

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL lockout has prevented the Packers from making the trip to the White House, which of course was one of the motivating tools Charles Woodson used for the Super Bowl. Moreover, the current president is a Bears/Steelers fan (he's a bandwagoner, he likes whoever's doing better). If the lockout continues too long, and then the president makes some sort of excuses, could the White House trip end up being canceled?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL lockout has prevented the Packers from making the trip to the White House, which of course was one of the motivating tools Charles Woodson used for the Super Bowl. Moreover, the current president is a Bears/Steelers fan (he's a bandwagoner, he likes whoever's doing better). If the lockout continues too long, and then the president makes some sort of excuses, could the White House trip end up being canceled?

I thought it was pretty basic knowledge why he cheers for the steelers, especially if you follow politics even a little but guess not....

Bears fan first and foremost. The past couple years he has cheered for the steelers in the SB bc his friend and the man he named ambassador to Ireland owns the team.

If your throwing around the bandwagon comment I take it you never have heard his comments on cub fans....

And yes they are still going to the whitehouse.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They better, would be a shame if they miss out on one of the big events post-championship season.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to wonder though; if their trip to the White House gets delayed too long, would it be to the point where it gets scheduled after free agency takes effect? Could it be possible that, let's say, James Jones signs with another team and then the Packers go to the White House? Would Jones still go? Could be awkward....

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well, that's what happened with Rison and Howard after 31 ... prompted Rison to supposedly toss his SB ring into a river someplace -- he was a head case anyway.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, that's what happened with Rison and Howard after 31 ... prompted Rison to supposedly toss his SB ring into a river someplace -- he was a head case anyway.

he got rid of his SB jersey, I can tell you that for sure.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if they go in the near future, it's a sure sign that the end of the lockout is imminent. They got their rings, I think the next thing is a trip to the White House! :) They are Superbowl Champions, I would hate to see them cheated of anything due to a lockout that was pretty much beyond their control.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seeing how I'll-Bomb-Ya is not keeping his promises, wouldn't surprise me if they didn't go due to his bias.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
he got rid of his SB jersey, I can tell you that for sure.

I had heard he did something with the jersey ... remember what it was? He was gurgling on some sports talk show and was prattling about it but I didn't hear what he did with it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had heard he did something with the jersey ... remember what it was? He was gurgling on some sports talk show and was prattling about it but I didn't hear what he did with it.

he is either gave it away or sold it. Not entirely sure its path but I know its in a private collection now.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well seeing as its a lockout and other teams have gone in August as recently as last year I dont really get why everyone is freaking out over this already.

It would be a huge pain to try and get everyone together right now anyways.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Update : Murphy also addressed the possibility of the Super Bowl XLV champions visiting the White House and President Barack Obama – something that would seem to be even more important to this team, given the inspiration veteran cornerback Charles Woodson drew in advance of the NFC Championship Game when Obama, an ardent Chicago Bears fan, said he planned to attend the Super Bowl if his team made it. Murphy said the Packers spoke with the President’s staff prior to the lockout, and that the NFL ruled they could not visit Washington while the lockout was going on. Last year’s Super Bowl champions, the New Orleans Saints, visited the White House on Aug. 9, while the Packers’ last championship team, the 1996 Super Bowl XXXI team, visited President Clinton in May, 1997.
“We have been in touch with the White House,” Murphy said. “The policy was that we could not go to the White House during the lockout. We’ve since then had some discussions. We’re looking at whether we can find a day in August when the team can go visit the White House. I’m hoping we can work it out. I think it’d be such a special and unique opportunity for our players.”
“I do realize the President has more important things to deal with now than this. But it would be good,” Murphy added. “Once you start the regular season, it’s really not possible. Hopefully something can get worked out. I know personally I’m looking forward to seeing Charles Woodson and President Obama shake hands. I think that’ll be a very interesting discussion.”

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/common...60&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A pic of Charles Woodson shaking Obama's hand at the White House would be priceless!

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Frankly, I don't care if the Packers go to the White House, the moon, or my house. The only thing I care about is the Packers going to Indianapolis in February.
I think a moon trip would be a huge team-building function. Even better than bowling.
If they DO come to your house, you gonna invite any of your fellow PackerForum writers?
But yea, I'll take Indy over any of them.

Reaction score
I think a moon trip would be a huge team-building function. Even better than bowling.
If they DO come to your house, you gonna invite any of your fellow PackerForum writers?
But yea, I'll take Indy over any of them.

Aaron wanted to come over the week of the Super bowl, but I told him to stay in Dallas to study film.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Aaron wanted to come over the week of the Super bowl, but I told him to stay in Dallas to study film.
Yea, he told me that, he also said you put in the plan in case DD went down, thanks again Bens!

Members online