Will the packers be good next year

Packerbacker04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If farve comes back and walker comes back plus we get a running back in Michael bennett or someone else I think we will dominate. Ahman doesnt have it anymore to be a good running back and davenport is way too injury prone. If we had Jim Bates as coordinator still I think we would be super bowl bound next year.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Gado will do fine as a RB, if he recovers 100%. And Davenport had some bad....(pardon the expression) breaks. Anyone can get hurt, alot of it is just plain luck.
As far as the "D".......i think they will do just fine. The coordinator is keeping pretty much the same scheme. If they can get a decent pass rusher, and a CB, they will in in the top 5.
The WR's coming back 100% will be big. Walker, and hopefully Murphy, who looked good before he got hurt, IF he can get clearance to play again, will make the passing offense strong........IF Favre comes back that is.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if the team can draft well this year and if they sign a few of their own free agents and if their coaches can develop some of these younger players, and if they can find two guards, this team can be competitive next year. By competitive I mean they have a chance to be .500. They're still a few outstanding drafts away and then probably a free agent or two from being a playoff team.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With approximately 22 million in cap room before gaining any through cuts or retirements the Packers are in good shape.

I see 10 holes in the roster to fill. RB, OG, LB,and depth at DE, WR, TE, OT, QB, DT, K. Possibly another Safety.

Allowing 5 million of cap for draft choices and contingencies. 4 of 6 draft choices make the team.

2 high priced free agents at 5 million a year against the cap are signed.

2 moderate priced free agents at about 2 million a year.

3 low priced free agents averaging $750K a year.

Diggs, I like him, but he is likely a cap casualty adding 2.9 million to cap by being cut. That could add a couple of free agents or just re-signing Henderson and loss of Murphy to injury.

The Packers could have some significant upgrades and be ready to compete in September. This could be a very good offseason.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Brett comes back, they have a shot at 7-9.

If Brett retires they have a shot at 5-11.

Check out the Pro Bowlers on the team if you want to see how they will do next year.

None.

This is a team sorely lacking talent against some teams in the division with some talent. If Childress can get the Vikings talent level to play at it's expected level, they will be very tough. The Bears will be tough. I have a sense that Martz will finally get the Lions offense going. Donnie Henderson has a talent-rich defense that has underperformed.

If Brett doesn't come back Katie bar the door.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if Brett and Walker come back, then we will have a team, but we still need lots of help, hopefully from free agency we can pick up quality guys to fill in our weakest spots..

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have a pretty easy schedule, and once you get to the playoffs it's anyone's game. I thought the Colts had it ALL last year, and they ended up as one of the "losers".......so anything can happen.
I'm SURE not counting them out yet.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:

Check out the Pro Bowlers on the team if you want to see how they will do next year.

None.

This is a team sorely lacking talent against some teams in the division with some talent. If Childress can get the Vikings talent level to play at it's expected level, they will be very tough. The Bears will be tough. I have a sense that Martz will finally get the Lions offense going. Donnie Henderson has a talent-rich defense that has underperformed.

Sorry net but Pro Bowlers are not the measure of a team considering I dont know many Pro bowlers from a 4-12 team.
My Prediction is 10- 6 with Brett 7-9 without him

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all the injuries last season, its hard to say how they Packers will do this year. It is hard to do very well when you have a whole new coaching staff, but if we get our good FA's signed, and Brett comes back we can make a run at the division.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've stated many times on various threads here that we are in a position to improve the team greatly and feel like TT is on the firing line to make some moves to get things rolling.

He put it on the line going with a new staff and will want this move to prove worthy. I doubt he will have the same opportunities in the next couple of years to do what he can this year. I am speaking of cap space and draft position.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
net said:

None.

Sorry net but Pro Bowlers are not the measure of a team considering I dont know many Pro bowlers from a 4-12 team.

So then the Arizona Cardinals won the Super Bowl? Apparently you don't need Pro Bowl caliber players to win anything........sigh.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
JbShell said:
net said:

None.

So then the Arizona Cardinals won the Super Bowl? Apparently you don't need Pro Bowl caliber players to win anything........sigh.

GB has Pro Bowl "caliber" Players just no one made it

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do "Pro Bowlers" have to do with football??? (just kidding!)

I think Driver should have been on the pro bowl team, but the Packers stunk as a whole, and it's a "popularity" contest more then anything. If your team does well, they look at you........if it doesn't, they don't.

Members online

Latest posts