Will someone tell me whats worse???

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
sometimes a play is done to set something up for later..if ya noticed that 3rd and 16 run, the te was in the backfield..

Well last week it was said on the air that when the te is in the backfield they throw it to that te..

so this time that changed it

Might be something to look for later

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oour offensive line? Or our play calling? This is right after the 3rd and 16 call to run the damn ball!!

It's common to call a running play on 3rd and 16, especially when you are deep in your own territory. It's a field position play. Coaches call it when they have a bad feeling that a pass attempt could result in a sack or interception, and I trust McCarthy to make the right call. I think his playcalling was fine today.

The O-line remains very good at pass protection and crappy at run blocking.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can't run the ball, but you still have to do it ocassionally. To me running the ball is an attitude, but Wynn hurts his hand and goes out. Morency cost us a time out because they trainers had to come on the field and then a play later he's back in the game. How bad was he hurt? Obviously not too bad. I think our running game is bad because we have guys who don't want to play when they get a little nicked up.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today the play calling wasn't to bad. At least I didn't think so. The execution by the offensive line, receivers, backs, quarterback is another story.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We do have to remember it was a bit of a makeshift line today. Probably losing your center is tougher deal then most people realize

and our guard. I thought Colston was outplaying Spitz and Colledge.

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought our play calling sucked. What happened to our quick slants? When we called them today, they worked. We won 4 games doing them. Why did we stop?

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sooner or later an opponent was going to cover the quick slants. Plus it didn't appear to me that Favre had the extra second or two he needed to make those throws today. I think the play calling was fine. Need to get a bit better in sync with the receivers on those deep throws though.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought our play calling sucked. What happened to our quick slants? When we called them today, they worked.

I don't want to sound like a smart assed jerk(yes i do) but...were you watching the same game?

The skins were playing inside, and doing very well at it.

They said "beat us another way, you cheeshead punks!"

and we did.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya the way I saw it they were up in our face on the slants. Hate to blame Brett but they took away the slants and we actually had some pretty good shots going deep but couldn't do it

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
When a play doesn't work you don't blame the person calling it. You blame the people attempting to execute it.

I don't understand why that is so hard to understand.

Do you know what plays were given to Favre to chose from? I doubt you do.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya the way I saw it they were up in our face on the slants. Hate to blame Brett but they took away the slants and we actually had some pretty good shots going deep but couldn't do it

Go ahead, blame Brett. We all know how much I love Favre, and yes, he's still a top-5 QB today, but man, he missed 2 excellent chances deep. Those balls were horrible, and both Jones and Jennings had their men BURNED. Not just beat but burned. If the passes were anywhere close, they'd be TDs. Brett's long ball was horrible today.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OL was/is worse than playcalling. The line has been kind of below par all season, and this past week we had 2 new pieces plugged in which also impacted their effectiveness.

The way the line has played and the fact that we had 2 new starters also factors into the game planning process and in-game play calling.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the run on 3rd and 16 in that situation was absolutely the right decision. Punt the ball and play defense.

As for the continuously throwing on 2nd and 3rd and short I just don't understand. Let's throw a run in there in those situations on second down at least occasionally.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts