Will Favre's retirement be more costly than we think?

PackFanTrav

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wondering if some of our older players will ask to be traded now that there friend and teammate has retiree. Guys like Robertson, DD and Harris scare me because they might have second thoughts now. Comment please because I want to sound dumb because I don't want to see this team fall apart. :cry:

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anybody is going anywhere. What it might affect is who will come to GB now that Favre's not here. Especially on the offensive side. The defense is still great, so that side will be fine.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anyone will want to go.
Now, if we go 4-12 this next year, that might happen.

Cheesey.

You can not be serious my friend? 4-12? I can not believe you typed that.

If you think 4-12 is even a remote possibility then you do not have any confidence in A-Rod, M.M. and the youth of this Packers team.

I mean really? How on earth is 4-12 even in the realm of realistic thought. How is 4-12 even on the map of possibility?

R.P.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wanna see this so called map of possibility.

the team has confidence in A-rod.
we will be ok.

its the circle of life.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not at all. No way would these guys request a trade. If anything it will be tougher to sign a free agent.

LordEvil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i really hope im wrong but i think the pack is a 8-8 team next year with no playoffs. tt wont sign anyone now in FA, and hell use this to build through the draft 3 years out of a superbowl, if rodgers is the qb of the future.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Not at all. No way would these guys request a trade. If anything it will be tougher to sign a free agent.

I'm only saying this to start discussion, not argument.

Do you think that maybe players will want to come to GB now knowing for sure what the situation is? I remember I think it was two years ago it was said a few free agents didn't want to come to Green Bay because of the uncertainty at QB.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the only place this might hurt us(besides in the obvious QB position) is in free agency. Once Rogers proves himself this coming season the FA's will be willing to sign again.

ftwuno

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i want to see if rodgers can stay healthy. i fully expect the team to win the north and advance to the NFC Championship. Anything else would be a let down. Rodgers gets hurt and GB calls on Nall, I do not think GB will win 6 games.

So if rodgers gets hurt in the first couple of games, and we have to rely on Nall, Brett's retirement will be extremely costly.

Members online

Latest posts