Will A SuperBowl Game Ever Be Played At Lambeau

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say NO because it's too cold for a wardrobe malfunction...
Not a chance IMHO.
Green Bay and the entire Fox River Valley is not a big enough stage.
Not enough hotel rooms and restaurants, especially of the plush variety required by the wealthy folks who can actually afford to attend the Super Bowl.
Nor is there enough airport parking for all the private and corporate jets that would be flying in.
Even if Lambeau was an enclosed stadium I doubt it would happen.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
HA HA....

NO: The city of Green Bay and the surrounding areas do not have the hotel/motel space to accomodate the locals+other fans+media+teams. The other needed accomodations would also be in short supply, like restaurants and other entertainments. The media market for GB is just to small as well. Also, I doubt that the airport could handle its normal pace + the added pace of all the superbowl incoming flights. I do understand that Milwaukee is what, 2 hours 15 min south, but that is a long haul for most.

I think having the SB outside in New York is going to be a big mistake, given the time of year climate. If I had the money for a decent ticket which is $5000+, I better damn sure not have to sit my butt in the cold/snow/rain/wind for that much money. I say keep it in a dome.

EDIT : Damn yooper, ya beat me by like a minute, guess you type faster lol

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Isn't the radius 150 miles for where the hotels have to be from the stadium there playing in? If so that leaves you Oshkosh, mantiwoc, GB, fox valley, Sheboygan, Milwaukee, crivitz, and others which is more than enough accommodations.
People say they don't wanna drive that long but for those of you that have been or live in NY know that getting from NYC to east Rutherford NJ know that that 15 mile trip could take you a good 3-4 hours... Saying that after this years SB gets moved or canceled due to weather you can bet that they will never have a SB in another cold weather city that does not have a dome...
Personally if GB can support the NFL kickoff with more that 300,000 people showin up in 2011 we can support a SB.. But February conditions in GB rich people will not like...

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as has been offered already, the answer is a very definitive "NO!" because the infrastructure is way too small to support the Super Bowl Circus.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Yes, Super Bowl 100, in the newly domed Lambeau Field !

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't the radius 150 miles for where the hotels have to be from the stadium there playing in? If so that leaves you Oshkosh, mantiwoc, GB, fox valley, Sheboygan, Milwaukee, crivitz, and others which is more than enough accommodations.
People say they don't wanna drive that long but for those of you that have been or live in NY know that getting from NYC to east Rutherford NJ know that that 15 mile trip could take you a good 3-4 hours... Saying that after this years SB gets moved or canceled due to weather you can bet that they will never have a SB in another cold weather city that does not have a dome...
Personally if GB can support the NFL kickoff with more that 300,000 people showin up in 2011 we can support a SB.. But February conditions in GB rich people will not like...
Crivitz? Lol. Let me guess, you own the motel there.

150 miles seems like way to big of a radius. 4 hour drive? That seems a bit much. I have thought about the possibilities of leasing 10k RVs/ATCOs or something. But lets face it - Green Bay will never get a Superbowl.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i can but help hearing Sheboygan and thinking of John Candy in Home Alone

16ga

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
as much as i would like to see that lambeau just isn't the kind of place most nfl fans want to be in the winter. sorry but its just not going to happen.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They did it for NY, and we all know that GB has more history for the league, so if we could accommodate all the people, then yes it would happen here..

But wont happen

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
I say NO because it's too cold for a wardrobe malfunction...
I heard a rumor once that whenever the discussion of the Super Bowl venue comes up the Packer president and the owner of the Browns always go get a drink and/or somehow bow out.

It's a hotel thing and other issues that guarantee we'd never get a SB in Green Bay. Remember season tickets don't count so you need hotel capacity for arguably whatever Lambeau's seating capacity is and there simply are not enough hotels to accommodate that many people.

Reaction score
I honestly would never want a Super Bowl in Lambeau... If there's a football game being played on my home turf, I would only want to see MY team playing in the game!

Members online

Latest posts