Wildcat package

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So... Would you like the Packers to use it? Is it just gimmick? Who would use it?

IMHO we should use some of it, to keep defenses balanced.

And who should run it is Charles Woodson. No, I'm not kidding. He was a jack-of-all-trades in Michigan, he has the talent to do it.

Plus, we would see Superman on the offense...

What do you say? I'm crazy? It's preposturous? Brilliant?

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we definitely have potential. We have great receivers and a solid TE who can catch. With a RB playing as a dummy QB in the mix, it confuses the other defensive coordinators even more based on who to cover. PLUS an extra added bonus would be to get Rodgers off the field to avoid injury if our O-line starts to crumble again this season.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A big NO on CWood handling the Wildcat snaps. We need him to be spectacular on the D. I think that would be overboard for him and yes I am aware that he is Charles Woodson. I don't know why we'd start doing the wildcat now. If we really wanted to start using this package, we should draft McCluster. A guy used to those sort of plays.

OHIOFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather rely on Rodgers to make a big play then rely on catching another team off guard. The Packers will put up plenty of points next year if they can protect Rodgers. Woodson is the man on D, but he is getting older and likely is not as durable. I am grateful that they do not have Woodson returning kicks anymore, I thought that was very dumb to begin with.

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather rely on Rodgers to make a big play then rely on catching another team off guard. The Packers will put up plenty of points next year if they can protect Rodgers. Woodson is the man on D, but he is getting older and likely is not as durable. I am grateful that they do not have Woodson returning kicks anymore, I thought that was very dumb to begin with.
agree we will do just fine without it

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO to the Wildcat

A big NO to employing the wildcat, while I agree that it confuses and keeps defenses off-balance, I also think it is nothing more than a gimmick offense for teams with no offense. You don't, nor won't, see the Saints or Colts running the Wildcat. The Pack has one of the most potent offenses in years, why fix what isn't broken? If our offense is to get even better than it already is, protect the man. Bottom line. The wildcat is to offenses what masking agents are to Vikings lineman.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cowboys, Vikings and Eagles employed some version of wildcat and ended up in the top 15 offenses. 2 of them were in the top 5.

I just did this thread out of fun, really. I like the Wildcat, but I don't see us using it.

What I do know is that all the great offenses run some "gimmick" plays, be it wr reverse, HB pass, or PA screens. Which keeps defenses honest.

The way we play the game, teams consistantly cheats on us, because there's not the threat that anyone besides Aaron Rodgers will do something by their own.

At the end of the season, more right side screens were employed, and our offense got much better.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I don't think we should use it. I think our offense is good enough without it. I'm not a big fan of it in general. To me it seems like something that bad teams use to make up for the fact that their offense sucks. I would much rather just rely on Rodgers.

AlDay31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally hate this college-look-a-like-football in the NFL. So, no, stick to the plan. And by 2020 we should ground and pound,baby. You gotta love it. (I am dead serious).

Members online

Latest posts