Wildcard Weekend Packers vs 49ers

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Hmm...

Missed our best WR Michael Crabtree for all but the last few games.

Our starting Nose Tackle (Ian Williams) has been on IR since the second week of the season.

Our third WR Mario Manningham has just been put on IR.

Our starting FB (and third leading pass receiver) has just been put on IR.

We lost our starting Pro Bowl guard (Mike Iupati) for 5 games.

Our nickleback has been on IR the entire season.

Vernon Davis has been injured in three key games that all ended as losses with the passing game struggling.

Patrick Willis had a broken hand earlier in the year.

Our Pro Bowl tackle (Joe Staley) has been injured in several games this year.

Yeah, definitely been avoiding the injuries.

Dont ya just hate smartasses.......lol

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you. Let's try to both get past the wildcard round and entertain some more hope.
Congrats Sandolf, I'm happy for you that the Chargers made the playoffs too. :tup:
Hope you're "released" soon, banning you seems to be overdone.
Anyway, I wouldnt complain to play the Chargers at Superbowl XLVIII ;)

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm...

1) Missed our best WR Michael Crabtree for all but the last few games.

2) Our starting Nose Tackle (Ian Williams) has been on IR since the second week of the season.

3) Our third WR Mario Manningham has just been put on IR.

4) Our starting FB (and third leading pass receiver) has just been put on IR.

5) We lost our starting Pro Bowl guard (Mike Iupati) for 5 games.

6) Our nickleback has been on IR the entire season.

7) Vernon Davis has been injured in three key games that all ended as losses with the passing game struggling.

8) Patrick Willis had a broken hand earlier in the year.

9) Our Pro Bowl tackle (Joe Staley) has been injured in several games this year.
Yeah, definitely been avoiding the injuries.
1- He got hurt at the beginning of PRE-SEASON. You had plenty of time to maneuver. Oh, 2 words: RANDALL COBB.
2- JOHNNY JOLLY, besides, you plug in former #5 overall pick Glen Dorsey into his spot.
3- Third WR. Kapernick threw half his passes to Crabtree (whom he has back now) last year, plus added Boldin.
4- He just caught dump-off passes, and nobody needs a FB anymore. That's NOT an important position.
5- 5 games oooh. Try losing your starting OT's who also could have Pro Bowl potential if healthy, for FULL SEASONS. The two starting OT's for us should be backups, if not for torn ACL's. Hip dislocations, and double breaks of the leg.
6- Our nickelback was our best CB last year, Casey Hayward, and he also has been on IR the entire season
7- Your TE missed a few games? Oh how sad. Ours broke his neck on a helmet-aimed hit, and is on IR after having neck surgery, and his career is in doubt, you know, like how All-Pro safety Nick Collins' career abruptly ended 2 seasons ago.
8) I see Willis out there looking just fine.
9) Staley screamed in pain late one primetime game this year in scrub time... and he played the next week.

Your most important players on your roster, in order, IMO are:

QB Kaepernick
DE Justin Smith
ILB Bowman
TE Davis
ILB Willis
OT Staley
WR Crabtree
OT Davis
OLB Aldon Smith
WR Boldin
OG Iupati
S Reid
RB Gore
CB Rogers

That's about 15 guys there, and magically, ALL ARE HEALTHY & AVAILABLE to play Sunday. Wow. Yeah, lotta injury problems on that team?

Have you heard of Clay Matthews? How about Bryan Bulaga? Nick Perry? Those are 3 first round picks in the last 5 seasons OUT.
Also, Derek Sherrod, the 2011 first round pick, broke his leg in 2 places and has missed almost all of both seasons in the NFL... he's back but just a shell of his former self and has not gotten back yet at OT... but he might have to soon if another OT go down.
Jermichael Finley being out is like Vernon Davis being out. Last year, Kaepernick didn't even go to Davis much.

Anyway, take away Vernon Davis (Finley), Aldon Smith (Matthews), either of your ILB's (Brad Jones), and chip a bone in Ahmad Brooks (Nick Perry).
Also, tear the ACL of Staley (Bulaga), and break RT Anthony Davis' leg (Sherrod), and then we'll call it pretty even.

Don't forget Nick Collins.

Oh, and try playing 8 games without Kaepernick. There's no Alex Smith behind him this year.
And try having to use your #3 and #4 QBs to start in successive weeks.

Yeah, poor Niners have had to deal with a lot of injuries eh?
We have the cheese, San Fran famous for their whine. Perfect mix.
S Whitner

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We better be able to stop the run or it'll be another defensive letdown in the playoffs yet again. What will it take to get this current group to stop Sombody? Its painful watching them defend the run..try to defend the run. San fran wont shy away from running either.

Stanley

Cheesehead
Reaction score

"Yeah, poor Niners have had to deal with a lot of injuries eh?
We have the cheese, San Fran famous for their whine. Perfect mix."

Sounds like your the whine buddy. Green Bay Whiners has a nice ring to it.

Your list on the 49ers made very little sense, but I'll chalk that up to you letting your emotions getting the best of your logic.

1. Have you heard of Clay Matthews? How about Bryan Bulaga? Nick Perry? Those are 3 first round picks in the last 5 seasons OUT. - I have heard of those knuckle heads, was wondering at one point if the 49ers would be drafting Bulaga actually, but Im glad they didn't. Matthews is overrated , and Nick who? Why would I want any of them on the 49ers.

2. Also, Derek Sherrod, the 2011 first round pick, broke his leg in 2 places and has missed almost all of both seasons in the NFL... he's back but just a shell of his former self and has not gotten back yet at OT... but he might have to soon if another OT go down. - The 49ers haven't had any wasted 1st picks recently? AJ Jenkins?

3. Jermichael Finley being out is like Vernon Davis being out. Last year, Kaepernick didn't even go to Davis much. - How can you even compare Vernon Davis to that underachieving pretender in Finley. 1. Finley couldn't even hold Davis's jockstrap as a pass catcher AND blocker. 2. Vernon Davis value to the 49er offense dwarfs that of Finley.

4. Anyway, take away Vernon Davis (Finley), Aldon Smith (Matthews), either of your ILB's (Brad Jones), and chip a bone in Ahmad Brooks (Nick Perry). - Finley is not Vernon Davis, if you're gonna harp on that, compare Finley to the 49ers losing Delanie Walker. No one in their right mind would take Clay over Aldon, and when Aldon missed time this season, the 49ers didn't miss a beat with Skuta and rookie Lemonier in there. And Ahmad Brooks? pssh We deactivated Tank Carradine because there was no need for him, even AFTER Ian Williams got hurt. Brad Jones lol, your middle backers suck to being with. Wilhoite filled in fine for Willis, yet another example of SFO's superior talent and depth.

5. Also, tear the ACL of Staley (Bulaga), and break RT Anthony Davis' leg (Sherrod), and then we'll call it pretty even. 49ers have been lucky there, but Boone, Looney, Snyder, and Kilgore filled in perfectly when they needed to, you know who they are right? With everyone stacking the box to stop Gore, would there really have been any drop off? Besides, Kaepernick is panicing for no reason in the pocket half the time anyways.

6. Oh, and try playing 8 games without Kaepernick. There's no Alex Smith behind him this year.
And try having to use your #3 and #4 QBs to start in successive weeks.
I'll tell you what would have happened, the 49ers would still run the ball and would actually be able to complete short touch passes. the dominant 49er defense also wouldn't have become as complacent. Where have you been? Kaepernick hasnt been asked to do much after your pathetic secondary got torched by him in week 1. Funny how most other teams had us 49er fans calling for his after looking horrible until Crabtree came back.

Don't hate the 49ers because they have superior talent and depth.

Midnight Toker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's going to be a fun game, but the 49ers have too much depth too much talent and packers wont be able to keep up. Packers weakness is their D and the 49ers O is FINALLY healthy and clicking and getting into a groove. 49ers strength is D and the packers havent been consistent all season. they finally have rodgers and cobb but tthey have been out of action and suddenly its the playoffs. SO we'll see what kind of playoff condition theyre in. You surely know Rodgers will be getting plenty of exercise Sunday.

Packermaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's going to be a fun game, but the 49ers have too much depth too much talent and packers wont be able to keep up. Packers weakness is their D and the 49ers O is FINALLY healthy and clicking and getting into a groove. 49ers strength is D and the packers havent been consistent all season. they finally have rodgers and cobb but tthey have been out of action and suddenly its the playoffs. SO we'll see what kind of playoff condition theyre in. You surely know Rodgers will be getting plenty of exercise Sunday.

We'll see how the talent matches up on Sunday.

Until then, let's think about a couple of other KEY points.

1. Where is the game being played?
2. What's the weather going to be like?

These will also have a major impact on the game in my opinion. Both of the answers to these questions favor GB. The Packers will be ready. So pumped for this game.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Usually, when everything points toward another team winning in games like this, especially when they are the road team, they lose.

Here are two things that will key a Packers victory this weekend if they become facts:
1) Packers defense gets 1-2 key turnovers and a 3-4 key stops
2) Rodgers is on and gets hot

If those two things happen, and both are possibilities, the Packers will win this game.

Also, Kap is going to need to make plays with his arm in order to beat us. 49ers cannot rely 100% solely on running the ball to beat us. I see Kap struggling really badly in this game in the freezing cold. In fact, I see Kap struggling to pass for 100 yards in this game. I bet his final stats end up being something like 7-25 for 90 yards and 2 INTS.

And cold weather will be the great equalizer and help out our defense. Our defense will not seem as bad as some think it will due to the weather come game time.

Packers 34
49ers 24

Midnight Toker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll see how the talent matches up on Sunday.

Until then, let's think about a couple of other KEY points.

1. Where is the game being played?
2. What's the weather going to be like?

These will also have a major impact on the game in my opinion. Both of the answers to these questions favor GB. The Packers will be ready. So pumped for this game.

1. In a place where the 49ers have won, and recently.
2. The type of weather more conducive to a power running game and smashmouth defense, such as the 49ers.

So, if those two things are big factors, I like our chances.

How about this:

1. What happened the last 3 times these two teams have played eachother?
2. What's the Packers home record? 49ers away record 6-2.
3. Your defense? lol

Midnight Toker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Usually, when everything points toward another team winning in games like this, especially when they are the road team, they lose.

Here are two things that will key a Packers victory this weekend if they become facts:

If those two things happen, and both are possibilities, the Packers will win this game.

Also, Kap is going to need to make plays with his arm in order to beat us. 49ers cannot rely 100% solely on running the ball to beat us. I see Kap struggling really badly in this game in the freezing cold. In fact, I see Kap struggling to pass for 100 yards in this game. I bet his final stats end up being something like 7-25 for 90 yards and 2 INTS.

And cold weather will be the great equalizer and help out our defense. Our defense will not seem as bad as some think it will due to the weather come game time.

Packers 34
49ers 24

49ers are 6-2 at home. Packers are 4-3-1. There is no real home field advantage here, packers lost to some very average teams at home already. 49ers also beat the packers last time they went to green bay.

Sure, if you force key turnovers, your team is more likely to win. Since when is that news? That applies to both teams. Here's the thing, your defense stinks. Like bad cheese. Bad swiss cheese to be exact, because all the holes. Playoffs are about defense, and the 49ers dont have to hope for stops, the make 3-4 key stops before halftime.

Kap having to win with his arm. Well aside from the fact that he's like 30th in the league in passing, and they went 12-4 in spite of it, thete really can get by without totally relying on his arm. Luckily GB's rush and pass D are at the bottom of the entire league, so the 49ers really only need an average offensive effort to win this game. But if they need to rely on his arm, he did throw for over 400 in september, and that was with your best linebacker in the game. But hey its cute that you think he'll play the worst game of his career against the team that gave him his two best career games. Lol. Spiked eggnog up there in cheesetown boys?

Speaking of weather, why do you guys think this will hurt the 49ers? THey play tough nosed smashmouth football, which is what cold weather is good for. Packers are the pass happy team here, which wasnt made for cold weather. Either way I dont think the weather will affect the 49ers like you seem to think it will.

Packermaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. In a place where the 49ers have won, and recently.
2. The type of weather more conducive to a power running game and smashmouth defense, such as the 49ers.

So, if those two things are big factors, I like our chances.

How about this:

1. In the last 2 games in Green Bay vs the 49ers, what's the Packers' record?
2. What's the Packers home record? 49ers away record 6-2.
3. Your defense? lol

1. GB being at home still favors GB. Just because SF won there doesn't give you the advantage or even nullify it.
2. I would love to see the 49er's Defense hold Lacy, Starks and Rodgers.
3. Packers are 6-2 with Rodgers. We were 2-5-1 without him. What does the Home record at this point have to do with anything? Last I checked we lost by 6 in your house this season. Not @ GB.
4. Our defense is our defense. Don't be surprised if that defense turns it up a notch. With the defense how it currently is, with a healthy Rodgers all season we'd more then likely be a 12 game winner. Says some good things about our offense and Rodgers.

We'll see how the game goes. Regular season doesn't matter any more. It's a whole new game and a whole new season now. Survive and advance.

Packermaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, with Rodgers we are 3-0 at home. 3-2 on the road. That's the home record that reflects the team you'll be playing.

D

Deleted member 6794

49ers are 6-2 at home. Packers are 4-3-1. There is no real home field advantage here, packers lost to some very average teams at home already. 49ers also beat the packers last time they went to green bay.

Well, all of these losses came when Rodgers was sidelined. Packers are 24-3 at home since 2010 when Rodgers played the entire game.

I hope your team has the same attitude as you guys, then all of you will be golfing next week.

OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packers 34
49ers 24
:D

Kap played in Reno lol

Midnight Toker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. GB being at home still favors GB. Just because SF won there doesn't give you the advantage or even nullify it.
2. I would love to see the 49er's Defense hold Lacy, Starks and Rodgers.
3. Packers are 6-2 with Rodgers. We were 2-5-1 without him. What does the Home record at this point have to do with anything? Last I checked we lost by 6 in your house this season. Not @ GB.
4. Our defense is our defense. Don't be surprised if that defense turns it up a notch. With the defense how it currently is, with a healthy Rodgers all season we'd more then likely be a 12 game winner. Says some good things about our offense and Rodgers.

We'll see how the game goes. Regular season doesn't matter any more. It's a whole new game and a whole new season now. Survive and advance.

1 Its always an advantage to play at home, but its not a big advantage. No longer is there a mystique about the Frozen Tundra; This isnt 1996 anymore.

2. They already held Lacy to 41 rush yards, Though Rodgers did get 333 yards, the GB Defense yet again got owned like they have a lot this year. Is Rodgers in game shape and ready to be what he was in game 1? We'll see

3. One of those losses was to the 49ers. When you were a more complete team, with a whole offseason to prepare for them. The home game matters only because the last time the two teams met in GB, 49ers won. Its just another road game.

4. Dont be surprised if one of the worst defenses steps it up? Alright. When was the last time they stepped it up anyway? The best defensive game theyve had since October 20th was giving up 21 to the Atlanta. Did you know GB givs up more points per game than they actually score? Lol. I'll believe it when I see it. Plus theyre without their best defensive player in Matthews, and when they had him they gave up 34 to the 49ers.

Midnight Toker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, all of these losses came when Rodgers was sidelined. Packers are 24-3 at home since 2010 when Rodgers played the entire game.

I hope your team has the same attitude as you guys, then all of you will be golfing next week.

The first game you lost this year was with with Rogers, Cobb, and Matthews all at 100%, to the 49ers.

Im a fan, i can have whatever attitude I want, It's the 49ers job to be ready, which they will be . But it's just another game, another stepping stone to the super bowl.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts