Wildcard Weekend Packers vs 49ers

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Just painfully re-watched this game:

The end of the first half, we had the pass down to Jordy at the 5 yard line with 27 seconds left... would be a first and goal, with timeouts left. But that was the penalty on Bakhtiari called, hands to the face.
I took 3 photos of this: Yes he did have hands to the face as we saw from the camera angle. But what we didn't see as clearly, from that angle, was that Aldon Smith FIRST used his left hand to grab and shove Bakh's facemask/head to David's right..... again I took 3 photos of this which is clear, just not as clear from the angle of the camera and the zebra's vantage point.
What you'll notice after the play was this: #1- Aldon Smith just played on. He didn't expect a flag. Because he, and David, had been battling like that all game long. #2- When David DID see the flag, he could not believe it and was disgusted with the call.

Ended up settling for a FG, partly due to the bad call by the zebra who had the bad angle.

Also, rewatched the long pass to James Jones.
It was on one of the plays Rodgers "holds the ball too long" as they say, but he bought time, and then chucked it deep to Jones running a post.... James had run right past the CB and was behind the safety, about 5 yards of separation.... but the ball was A) late and B0 underthrown by 7-10 yards. Jones stopped his running right away when he identified the ball being underthrown, and he almost outfought both guys to make the tough catch. Almost. He's done that before and I think we all expected him to again. But that miss was 90% Rodgers fault and maybe 10% Jones fault, at most. Why does Rodgers get a free pass always?

Later, he chucked a deep one to Jordy on a 3rd & 20-something play.
Jordy had the guy boxed out on the lob pass and went up, we kind of expected him to get it, but the DB made a pretty good play.... but also an ILLEGAL play as he grabbed Jordy's left hand before the ball arrived. Aikman even mentioned that on the replay.
A missed call by the zebra or else we get 40 yards there and a 1st down in 49es territory.

Other plays I noticed were:
Remember the sack Nick Perry had earlier in the game (not the final drive of course).
Jarrett Bush was sent in from our right side, again, and he came in from a better outside angle, into Frank Gore.... Kaepernick saw that and was forced to the inside to try and escape... but Nick Perry happened to be flying in free from an inside delayed stunt. SMACKED.

This was probably the same call that Capers ran on that final drive on the 3rd & 9 where Jarrett Bush this time took a BAD angle and allowed Kaepernick to go outside and run for 49 damn yards.
BUSH fault, not Capers. In*fricking*excusibe on 3rd & long, back at our own 30 yard line about.

Another play I noticed (these were because I paused, rewound, paused, slo-mowed) was the 1st & goal at the end from the 9 yard line where we ran it to Randall Cobb, for no gain (they gave him 1 yard). remember that one?
Well here's what I noticed breaking down that film.

#1- Cobb's fault. The blocking was fine to the inside. He could have had at least 4 pretty easy yards in there. Maybe more. For some reason, he was maybe afraid of the interior there and tried to right away bounce it to the outside, where Navorro Bowman had the angle on him and squashed him.
Had that been Johnathon Franklin or the other scatterbuck DuJuan Harris, who knows what happens on that run call.
But people forget how good DuJuan Harris was. Last year playoff game vs SF:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Rodgers had a bad game, and we got away with calls too. Just watch House.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Im starting to think Rodgers is like Payton Manning in the playoffs. Underwelming compared to what they do in regular season.

Sence the SB Run Rodgers has been not very good in playoff games.

Members online

Latest posts