1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Why we Win this game! (FALCONS PACKERS)

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by armand34, Nov 24, 2010.

1. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +87 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I'm a big Packers fan but I see this being like the Steelers game last year. It will be a close, tough, road game, but the home team will pull out the victory. I'm not trying to be negative, but the Falcons have lost 1 game at home with Matt Ryan and while the Falcons haven't blown their opponent out too much this year, they have found a way to win close games. That is still something I don't think the Packers can do.
  2. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +708 / 17 / -0
  3. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +266 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I'm a big Packers fan so regardless I'm going to root for my team to win every week...but even if I look at this game objectively I still see us as a better overall team...Matt Ryan is not freaking SUPERMAN by any means, he is human & we will force a couple turnovers in this game...As long as the offense shows up, we win
  4. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,315 / 51 / -15
    If it's a blowout win for the Pack I'll be surprised.
    A close game? Not so much.
    However, I would really like to see the Pack really come together and stay in the groove and prove that they have what it takes to beat a good team like the Failcons.
    Hey, if they can do it to the Jets, Shut them down, shut up their fans, then they can do that to anybody.
  5. Havners Heroes

Havners Heroes Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I agree, I DO think the Packers are the better team, and I was talking about people in general with their reasoning in predicting the Packers to win, not you in particular. But let's be serious with ourselves, the better team doesn't always win.

The Turner statistics are interesting, but all that it really tells me is that they don't need to rely on their running game to get a win. This isn't 2008, Turner isn't the MVP of that team or the most important player on that offensive any more. That distinction belongs to Matt Ryan first and Roddy White second.

And I wouldn't compare this to the Jets game, the Falcons are a better and more balanced team with a stronger homefield advantage and more momentum coming into the game. Completely different situation.

I will not be surprised in the least if the Packers win, because as I said before, I do feel they are the better team. But if I was a betting man, I'd put my money on the Falcons.
  6. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +821 / 8 / -4
    Packer Fan Since:
    Homer [​IMG]

noun

• a simple minded person, never cognizant of the world around them; MORON. "Homers" typically have "dumb luck." One would typically refer to someone as a "Homer" when they have done or said something that is totally moronic. (From a main character in the US animated series The Simpsons.)
      I can't believe you said that. You're such a Homer!​
      See more words meaning: unintelligent person, idiot
    Well if your calling people "homers" in the sense of the word thats highlighted in red, then I'll take that... as a Packer fan,..I believe that we will win every game! Most know I'm not into stats,.. its just the fact that I believe as a fan, I need to go into every game believing in a win!

Now in the last part of that definition, you can see why people would take offense, especially coming from a fellow Packer fan!
  7. Havners Heroes

Havners Heroes Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    ^No, I meant it as in a person letting their love for their "home" team blind them. There's nothing wrong with believing in a win, and I think the Packers do have a realistic shot at winning, and again, I'm not calling every single person on here a homer. However, from an objective point of view, the odds are indeed stacked against them and they are deservedly the underdogs in this game. But I'm not saying I always pick against the underdog, and this is only the second time I've picked against the Packers this year (first was the Bears game).

I'll say Falcons 27, Packers 24 in a good one.
  8. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +821 / 8 / -4
    Packer Fan Since:
    alrighty then...maybe homers was the wrong word???

Of course I like you HH.... I'm just trying to say that regardless of what the stats,...standings... predicitions...me... I'm ALWAYS going for the Packers!

Even if they were going against Goliath and his homies!!

To me...that just means... I'm a fan!! A Green Bay Packer fan!!! and will proudly defy anyone that challenges that!:aggressive: * finally get to use this smiley!!!
    • Like Like x 2
  9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,544 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    Under MM Packers are 10-3 in a DOME stadium
  10. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192 / 26 / -7
    Packer Fan Since:

Well here are the teams that these AMAZING falcons have played at home

2008 Home Games
    DET (0-16)
    KC (2-14)
    CHI (9-7)
    NO (8-8)
    DEN (8-8)
    CAR (12-4)
    TB (9-7)
    STL (2-14)

Combined: 50-78 (Only one playoff team, CAR, who lost 33-13 in their playoff game)

2009 Home Games
    MIA (7-9)
    CAR (8-8)
    CHI (7-9)
    WAS (4-12)
    TB (3-13)
    BUF (6-10)

Combined: 35-61 (Zero playoff teams)

2010 Home Games
    AZ (3-7)
    SF (3-7)
    CIN (2-8)
    TB (7-3)
    BAL (7-3)

Combined: 22-28 (Two potential playoff teams, but NFL admitted their missed offensive PI against BAL, which was critical).
    • Like Like x 2
  11. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +266 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Mike McCarthy is 10-3 in Dome Stadiums ALL TIME
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Drew Brees

Drew Brees Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Packers roll 30-17
  13. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 59 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    Please God let this Drew Brees guy be psychic!
  14. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +577 / 1 / -0
    Falcons are tough to beat at home. If we beat them in their house, I'd say we have a SB contending team on our hands. If we lose, we have a good solid playoff team.
  15. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    Oh, then I agree.
    I'm predicting a win, but a loss woldn't surprise me one bit. This was a game that I predicted us to lose when the schedule came out, if I'm not mistaken. So I can see any result happening, except for a Falcons blowout.

Just one thing about them and the Jets. The Jets D is MUCH better than them. Their D is average, and that's what gives me hope.

They don't fit the mold of teams that really worry me. Teams that can spread the field, that don't have a clear cut #1 receiver, but have an elite QB, and teams that have great Ds. Those teams worry me. The Saints and the Steelers fit the mold.

I don't know how much the Falcons can exploit Shields. Roddy White IMHO is the best receiver in the game right now, but Tramon is the best corner. Gonzo is great, and I have no faith in Chillar, but I do have faith in Bishop and Hawk. Turner is quite frankly a beast but I believe in our DL, if they're healhty.

But I worry when our team is spread out and they can pick on Shields and Lee. This D isn't last year's D, where we'll be gashed for 500 yards, but it's still our weakness (every team has one on O and D).
  16. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,388 / 7 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    I'm going with a win as well, but not by much, 3 points at the most. I also wouldn't be too disappointed if we lost to a really good team that I can respect. Of course losing is ALWAYS a disappointment, but there are levels of disappointment. The Bears game was epic, at least to me. I wallowed for weeks on that one. As for the "homer" thing, for me it's just about faith. I am devoted to my team, I don't like to go into anything with the mentality that we are going to lose. If you do that, you have already defeated yourself in your mind. Losing is just not in my vocabulary. I don't care if it's the best team this league has seen in 10 years, you go out there with one thing on your mind: winning is all you know. If not, then to me, you have no business being out there on that field.