why we should support aaron rodgers

spiel_mit_feuer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lets face it.. favre is one of the top QBs ever.. but lets look at this another way, all of his records, all of his touchdown passes, the packers have been a playoff team for most of favres career, and we've only won one superbowl under him, favre doesnt handle pressure well, now put with that the pressure of what happened this off season, he's going to be constantly thinking about what happened, what could of happened, what will happen next, and he wont be able to focus clearly on the game for any team... he wasnt there for the OTAs, or mini camps when his team really needed him, used his retirement to blackmail coaches and staff... is it really so bad that he's gone? aaron rodgers had a QB rating of about 104 in that game against dallas, and thats rodgers under pressure, hes mobile, he can run, throw on the run, accurate, and he can throw long... he's also been to every OTA, mini camp, and meeting, he's always been there for this team, he shows a devotion to the team, and anyone who wants to hate the packers now for getting rid of favre i wouldnt consider a real packer fan, because rodgers deserves the support from all packer fans, he's given a lot to this team as far as being there for everyone, and wanting whats best, he deserves the chance, and thompson and mcarthy have made some great decisions over the last years, building us almost the entire team we have now... we wouldnt be a 13-3 team without them, so even if you dont agree with their decisions, you must ultimately respect them, because they do whats right, no matter what people think of them, and for that, i will give them, and rodgers all the respect and support they need, and we will do great this season... anyone hungry for some bear meat?

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we should support him because he has been here for 4 years and now he has the starting job and hes not that nervous hes AMAZING in training camp and hes gonna do fine so if you were the general manager and you traded him good luck with brian brohm or some other qb

Kendawg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll support him, but if he ends up being a dud I say get rid of him. If he goes 8-8 keep him around, anything less, it's time to look elsewhere for the next big quarterback.

OP
OP
S

spiel_mit_feuer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah.. besides, favre is cursed anyway.. see, no one avoids the madden curse, it wont let you retire... hah... but yeah, i really think rodgers will be great, he definately has it in him to be, he can throw far, accurately, he can think fast, make great decisions on field, and hes mobile, hes able to run from the defense, and throw on the run, he's going to do well, and what i think is most important, is if he was going to choke under pressure, he would have done it in the dallas game, so having a guy who wont let pressure get to him, and wont choke when it really counts (hopefully the playoffs apply here) then i do see a superbowl in the near future for him

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
spiel_mit_feuer said:
yeah.. besides, favre is cursed anyway.. see, no one avoids the madden curse, it wont let you retire... hah... but yeah, i really think rodgers will be great, he definately has it in him to be, he can throw far, accurately, he can think fast, make great decisions on field, and hes mobile, hes able to run from the defense, and throw on the run, he's going to do well, and what i think is most important, is if he was going to choke under pressure, he would have done it in the dallas game, so having a guy who wont let pressure get to him, and wont choke when it really counts (hopefully the playoffs apply here) then i do see a superbowl in the near future for him

Ummm, we are talking about Aaron Rodgers.

Kendawg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
spiel_mit_feuer said:

Just because I'll support him this year doesn't mean I'm completely sold that he's the Packers savior just yet. Yes he played well in Dallas... but we didn't win. I'll take sloppy play and a win over played well and a loss any day of the week. One game does not make him a veteran. Regardless of how you may feel about Favre, the man is a legend, I've never heard a Packer fan talk ill of him until after this whole mess was dumped into our laps. I want Rodgers to do well, but people are getting a little overzealous in his abilities at this point. Legends do not grow on trees in the NFL and not every quarterback that follows a legend is going to become one. I'll wait and see how well he does this year before I start saying he's what Steve Young was when he followed Joe Montana.

brnt247

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favreforever721 said:
We should support him because he is our starting quarterback as of now. End of discussion.

This was going to be my response when I saw this post. He's the quarterback, and he is in the perfect spot to be start his career. He has play makers everywhere he looks and all he has to do is get them the ball.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll support Rodgers because he is our starting QB, the most important part of the puzzle for the Packers. And I would never get on him for anything to do with Favre. He had nothing to do with it. That is in addition to handling everything great about Favre.

Lambow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kendawg said:
I'll support him, but if he ends up being a dud I say get rid of him. If he goes 8-8 keep him around, anything less, it's time to look elsewhere for the next big quarterback.

Unlike you, I'm not happy with 8=8. With the Packers last year, a few mistakes kept us from the Super Bowl. The playcalling for the entire game was in question. Grant was not used effectively nor was any other back. You know you were talking to your tv just like I was. "What is McCarthy doing!?!?" Brett Favres kryptonite is the "Dime". Zone coverage. Whatever you want to call it. All year Grant kept other teams honest. That threat was never used in the NFC Champ. game. It was ignored and we lost. I think McCarthy was covering his own butt by letting this happen to Favre.

Lambow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we went from 1 game away.....To 8-8? With a team that has many great young players. Seems with Favre our chances would be BETTER than LAST year.

ChiliMaddensChili

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cause you're a Packer fan? And he's a Packer. If he does well we do well. If you're a Favre fan I'm sure there's a jet's board somewhere.

packedhouse

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is our QB for sure, but he's also not a traitor either. Remember, Brett Favre QB'd this team for 16 years and when things didn't go his way, what was the first thing he wanted to do? He wanted to go play for our most hated rivals, the Queens I would have struggled with Brett being back in GB just because of that. His press conference in New York pretty much verified that their was tampering going on by the Queens. Why else would he have talked about going to Minnesota? They already had a starting QB, and how would he have known he was welcome there.? I will support Aaron Rogers and I'm glad Brett is gone. I hope that when he finally retired after this year and he comes back and wants to retire a Packer they tell him no.

packedhouse

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is our QB for sure, but he's also not a traitor either. Remember, Brett Favre QB'd this team for 16 years and when things didn't go his way, what was the first thing he wanted to do? He wanted to go play for our most hated rivals, the Queens I would have struggled with Brett being back in GB just because of that. His press conference in New York pretty much verified that their was tampering going on by the Queens. Why else would he have talked about going to Minnesota? They already had a starting QB, and how would he have known he was welcome there.? I will support Aaron Rogers and I'm glad Brett is gone. I hope that when he finally retired after this year and he comes back and wants to retire a Packer they tell him no.

packedhouse

Cheesehead
Reaction score

packedhouse

Cheesehead
Reaction score

packedhouse

Cheesehead
Reaction score

packedhouse

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Kendawg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lambow said:
Kendawg said:

Unlike you, I'm not happy with 8=8. With the Packers last year, a few mistakes kept us from the Super Bowl. The playcalling for the entire game was in question. Grant was not used effectively nor was any other back. You know you were talking to your tv just like I was. "What is McCarthy doing!?!?" Brett Favres kryptonite is the "Dime". Zone coverage. Whatever you want to call it. All year Grant kept other teams honest. That threat was never used in the NFC Champ. game. It was ignored and we lost. I think McCarthy was covering his own butt by letting this happen to Favre.

I have to cut Rodgers a little slack and I think 8-8 is very reasonable expectation for a quarterback in his first year as a starter. I wish I had the confidence to say we could go all the way but with Aaron Rodgers still unproven as a commodity I don't. 8-8 to me would show (at least to me) he has potential to improve. Would I like it to be more? Yes! I don't disagree with McCarthy calls in the playoff game, but a 13-3 in his first season is more than enough to make me say keep him around for a little while.

ag

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pls remember. he is not a finished product.... just beginning his career. i don't know if he is the answer or not. i am willing to let him grow and look for improvement this year.

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It should be an interesting Central Division this year with no team having a clearcut standout QB. That used to be one thing I always feared with the Packers in the past: Favre. I'm glad he is gone, cause whenever he was in the game, especially in the last few minutes, you expected him to pull out a win somehow.

OP
OP
S

spiel_mit_feuer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i liked aaron in the game last night.. he did his part very well, that was a flawless pass and catch between rodgers and martin last night when he broke away at the last second to catch rodger's bomb.. jones on the other hand, he caught the ball and made a touchdown but its a shame to see a receiver lose his head ;)... anyone know who the 4 receivers will be? i think martin could be good, though im not 100% sold on jones, he dropped enough of them that were right to him.. and it makes me wonder

4rules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Purplepeopleeater said:
It should be an interesting Central Division this year with no team having a clearcut standout QB. That used to be one thing I always feared with the Packers in the past: Favre. I'm glad he is gone, cause whenever he was in the game, especially in the last few minutes, you expected him to pull out a win somehow.

Not just the fans, but the defensive players in the NFC North all agree, they'd much rather see Rodgers under center for the Pack than Favre. I always thought Packer-Backers were the smartest football fans out there. The most intelligent comment I've read so far comes from a Viking fan!