Why We Don't Need To Sign Lots Of Free Agents

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I saw it. He had alot of help thats for sure. I dont understand how 1 run can justify him not being very good. I honestly think jackson is a better rb. Glad we held onto our draft pick on this one.

He also made a lot of that happen all by himself.

I also don't understand why everyone thinks Lynch is such a bust? Lynch did not single handedly make the Seahawks a 7 win team. If anything he helped get them in the playoffs. Why doesn't that count for something.

Its also good that you guys are past this. No matter what i think of Lynch and what could have been it is irrelevant. We are the team we are now.

I am a pretty big TT supporter as well. But when he $hits the bed, im the little brother who calls him out on the school bus the next day! HA!:happy0005:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jackson has averaged 3.7 yards a carry this season on the packers. Lynch has averaged 3.5 yards a carry with the Seahawks.

I feel like fans just want TT to trade for someone, who it wouldnt matter, just someone so they can feel like he makes splashes in FA.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jackson has averaged 3.7 yards a carry this season on the packers. Lynch has averaged 3.5 yards a carry with the Seahawks.

I feel like fans just want TT to trade for someone, who it wouldnt matter, just someone so they can feel like he makes splashes in FA.

Both stats are pedestrian for sure.

But if I list Lynch's stats of 737 Yards and 6 TD's compared to Jacksons 703 yards and 3 TD's then Lynch appears to be the winner.

The real issue is that Jackson is on a power house offense, played 16 full games and started 13 on a team he has been on for 4 years.

While Lynch did what he did playing for 2 seriously ****** teams in the same year and only starting 11 of them between the 2 teams.

I want to shout out another Kudo's to Jackson here though as he has only funbled once and hasnt lost one all year where Lynch has lost 4!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both stats are pedestrian for sure.

But if I list Lynch's stats of 737 Yards and 6 TD's compared to Jacksons 703 yards and 3 TD's then Lynch appears to be the winner.

The real issue is that Jackson is on a power house offense, played 16 full games and started 13 on a team he has been on for 4 years.

While Lynch did what he did playing for 2 seriously ****** teams in the same year and only starting 11 of them between the 2 teams.

I want to shout out another Kudo's to Jackson here though as he has only funbled once and hasnt lost one all year where Lynch has lost 4!

Who would you rather have Jamaal Charles, 1467 yards and 5 TDs or Michael Turner , 1371 yards and 12 TDs or Adrian Foster, 1616 yards and 16 TDs?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets not forget Kuhn gets goal line carries, and Jackson catches more balls 43 to 21 with more yardage 342 to 138.

If Lynch is better is he 3 rd draft pick better?

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who would you rather have Jamaal Charles, 1467 yards and 5 TDs or Michael Turner , 1371 yards and 12 TDs or Adrian Foster, 1616 yards and 16 TDs?

I don't understand why your bring even more RB's into the discussion?

But concerning Turner, I was pissed there wasn't a play to bring him into Green Bay as well.

Can You Imagine!

If Lynch is better is he 3 rd draft pick better?

YES!!!!!!!!!

Jackson is a 2nd round pick. Lynch is better!

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets not forget Kuhn gets goal line carries, and Jackson catches more balls 43 to 21 with more yardage 342 to 138.

Mentioning this is a testimony to Jackson limitations more than it is his value.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
omfg

Are we seriously rehashing this?

news flash

We have a playoff game, tomorrow worry about that and not who we dont ******* have

Someone brought up a 2 month old thread to say I told you so? When the guy had ONE ******* good run all season?

Wow

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never understood why trading a third round pick for a 24 year old RB with Pro Bowl talent was so bad. Unless TT knew he wasn't going to learn the offensive system fast enough, which looks like it could have been the case.

But Lynch is undoubtedly more talented than Jackson. He's also been much more productive. Jackson has 60 carries for 144 yards in six of his past seven games since the bye week. Lynch has been improving each week, and he's really starting to gel in that Seahawks offense despite the offensive line (Which has had I believe ten starting rotations) and their biggest offensive playmaker being Mike Williams.

Jackson's biggest problem is that he doesn't really excel at anything other than ball control. He's not very fast, not that strong, poor awareness, average hands, won't make many big plays, and is very hesitant to hit the hole.

With James Starks having the off-season to learn and Ryan Grant returning, Jackson should be competing with Dimitri Nance for the third tailback position next preseason.

OP
OP
SpartaChris

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah man, this is just a f*cking retarded conversation.

Seriously, Lynch has done f*ck-all all season long. He busts off one good run and suddenly it's "We should have traded for him?" What a fickle fan base we have.

Newsflash- We're in the playoffs. We won 10 games. We competed toe to toe with the best teams in the NFL THIS season. And we did it playing OUR game and without Lynch.

We didn't need him this year and we won't need him next year. Time for people to just let it go already.

OP
OP
SpartaChris

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never understood why trading a third round pick for a 24 year old RB with Pro Bowl talent was so bad.

Why trade a perspective Jermichael Finley or Greg Jennings for a former starting and pro-bowl running back who was 3rd on Buffalo's depth chart?

There's no telling whether Lynch would have been an upgrade or a benefit to us THIS season or not, but the bottom line is we still won 10 games and are in the playoffs without Lynch. And we still have our 3rd round draft pick. And whatever the conditional pick would have been.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why trade a perspective Jermichael Finley or Greg Jennings for a former starting and pro-bowl running back who was 3rd on Buffalo's depth chart?

There's no telling whether Lynch would have been an upgrade or a benefit to us THIS season or not, but the bottom line is we still won 10 games and are in the playoffs without Lynch. And we still have our 3rd round draft pick. And whatever the conditional pick would have been.

There's no telling that a third round pick is going to be Jermichael Finley or Greg Jennings. There's actually less telling considering TT has 3+ years of NFL experience to evaluate Marshawn Lynch on compared to evaluating how a player's ability in college transfers into the NFL.

I wouldn't put much stock on Buffalo's depth chart because their management is clueless. They barely even played C.J. Spiller this year even after they traded Lynch, and they seem happy with Fred Jackson, who'll turn 30 in February. The whole problem there was drafting Spiller in the first place when RB could have been their biggest strength heading into that draft.

Winning ten games and playoffs without Lynch is great. The real question is could we have won 11 games and had a first round bye with Lynch? If so... I'd say a third is definitely worth it.

OP
OP
SpartaChris

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winning ten games and playoffs without Lynch is great. The real question is could we have won 11 games and had a first round bye with Lynch? If so... I'd say a third is definitely worth it.

Except not having Lynch isn't what caused us to lose to the Lions, Falcons, Patriots, Bears or Redskins.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Woulda coulda shoulda. We could've kept Favre. Who knows what "could've" happened then. He would've texted obscene pics to MM.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and what does it say when jackson can catch and lynch cant?

It says to me that Jackson would still have a great role to fill. :)

I like the guy. He is a great blocker to.

omfg

Are we seriously rehashing this?

news flash

We have a playoff game, tomorrow worry about that and not who we dont ******* have

Someone brought up a 2 month old thread to say I told you so? When the guy had ONE ******* good run all season?

Wow

I dont know you're acting like you are on the verge of having a brain aneurysm over this thread. I think the discussions were civil and relevant until you started crapping in it.

Thread Crapping:
v. Thread crapping occurs when a person comes into a thread and posts something contrary to the spirit/intent of the thread, often derailing the discussion or turning it into an argument

News Flash! The Packers are having a playoff game today! I see Lynch having a great game in the playoffs and I see how that could help the Packers. Why not discuss it? This is a discussion board. No one was throwing any turds until you started.

I brought up a 2 month thread because for 3 reasons.
1- The discussion was relevant again
2- Yes, I like feeling justified in my arguments.
3- There was already a topic started so I used that thread instead of starting a new one.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But at what point do you let it go? Next season? Season after? Can I jump on here and complain we didn't do the trade for gonzo? It's justified now that Finley is hurt. No one is budging on the issue. You say he had a great run we say he has a ****** year. He is a Seahawk and we need to move away from the lynch talk unless we can re hash this next week when he has 32 yards on 17 carries.

Williams for the panthers is going to be a FA, make a move for him?

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But at what point do you let it go? Next season? Season after? Can I jump on here and complain we didn't do the trade for gonzo? It's justified now that Finley is hurt. No one is budging on the issue. You say he had a great run we say he has a ****** year. He is a Seahawk and we need to move away from the lynch talk unless we can re hash this next week when he has 32 yards on 17 carries.

Williams for the panthers is going to be a FA, make a move for him?

If we win today about 2-3 mins after the game :happy0005:
If we loose and it because of an obvious lack of a running game......Ahhhhhh it could be awhile! ;)

Why is this such a bad discussion?
Seems to have plenty of interest and responses.
The discussion was going well for awhile.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It says to me that Jackson would still have a great role to fill. :)

I like the guy. He is a great blocker to.

I dont know you're acting like you are on the verge of having a brain aneurysm over this thread. I think the discussions were civil and relevant until you started crapping in it.

News Flash! The Packers are having a playoff game today! I see Lynch having a great game in the playoffs and I see how that could help the Packers. Why not discuss it? This is a discussion board. No one was throwing any turds until you started.

I brought up a 2 month thread because for 3 reasons.
1- The discussion was relevant again
2- Yes, I like feeling justified in my arguments.
3- There was already a topic started so I used that thread instead of starting a new one.
Where were YOU during the season?

Lynch for the season he had 3.7 ypc a long of 39 yards and 6 td...Receiving 145 yards and no TD...

His tds came at 1st ,2nd and 3 and goal..

And his one good game (3 tds) was vs the worse team in the league, Carolina..

18 atts at goaline, 5 tds

Now go look at Jax, he only had 4 tds total but how many times at goal line did they give it to him?

he only had 14 att at goaline and got 3 tds

So again tell me why AFTER ONE game his entire season was wrong?

Dont forget Jax had almost the same type of long run as Lynch did

Dont forget our o-l doesnt run block well

And again

How come Lynch wasnt valid at all during regular season?? But after one game ( actually just one run) he would have made us 13-3?

OP
OP
SpartaChris

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is this such a bad discussion?
Seems to have plenty of interest and responses.
The discussion was going well for awhile.

It's a bad discussion because it's idiotic to speculate on "What could have been." It's completely pointless at this juncture, isn't based in any part on fact, and is irrelevant.

It's debatable whether Lynch could have helped us this year or not. Most people think no, he wouldn't. Few people think he would. The facts are Seattle runs a lot more than Green Bay, but Lynch still had a **** season. His production this season was worse than Jackson's.

Frankly, I'm glad we didn't trade two draft picks for what would have been a one or two year rental, especially with the talent we have coming back and the talent we have on our roster. Have you learned nothing this season about the quality of depth we have? You don't get that depth by trading your draft picks. You get it by using your picks and developing the talent it brings.

dantastic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, Lynch talk here too???? Uugg.

You can't compare Jackson to Lynch in regards to production. They are behind two different lines.

I think if they swapped teams you'd see a lot more production from Lynch
and "inaction Jackson" would have a sub-2ypc. Just my opinion.

Just look at running style. Lynch hits the line hard and Jackson just stops and
dances around back there leading to negative yardage.

I'd be curious to see how many rushes with negative yardage they each had.

Anyway, this discussion is all hypothetical and is beat like a rented mule.

GO PACK!! :)

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I don't think it's so much that this is a bad, irrelevant discussion. I think it definitely is interesting to think about, no doubt. The problem I have with it is that we have absolutely battered this topic and exhausted all points of view on it. 1 big run in a playoff game isn't going to change anyone's mind about it and TT isn't kicking himself for not trading.

OP
OP
SpartaChris

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And no one should kick TT for not trading for him either.

We've been a victim of circumstance all season long. The injury bug bit us hard, but we've managed to persevere, and god willing, we'll move on to next week.

But if it's one thing I've learned, it's that you don't make hasty, knee-jerk decisions, and giving up any more than we had to for a guy we really didn't need is doing just that.

Members online

Latest posts