Why the *Bleep* are the *Bleepin* Giants fans still here?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
It wasn't intended as an excuse; it was intended as information.

I wouldn't say the Giants can't win, but I sure wouldn't say the Pats can't either. That game was close. Should be a great Super Bowl.

I actually don't know. I hear many tell me about Brady injuries and nothing is ever confirmed. There was a rumor for weeks he has a right elbow thingie. Like it takes him a while in a game to warm up or something.....not sure.

The left shoulder thing is kinda new towards the end of the year. With the Pats it's tough. Brady has been like on the injury report since 2001. I don't believe he has been 100% this year though, no. He has missed some practices and I don't think thats an accident either.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mean to be rude but why is there always an excuse for Brady? Someone told me after the game yesterday he has a dislocated left shoulder which is supposed to excuse his performance vs. Baltimore. Not shocking, he always has poor games vs. the Ravens which is why I felt Baltimore had a chance to win this game if Flacco showed up (and he did but the receiver blew it). After last year when they lost to the Jets it was about how he had a foot problem.

Rub some dirt on it Tom. Peyton has played with horrible neck injuries without saying a word and Eli got a pounding like I have not seen in some time vs. the Niners.

No the Pats and Giants don't play that often but when they do the Pats tend to have issues blocking the Giants talented pass rush and this will be the best Eli and his receivers have ever been vs. NE. They do play every preseason however but I don't pay attention to those games.

I think a big reason the Pats lost to the Steelers/Giants is because those were both better teams at the time then the Pats were as well. They both put pressure on Brady and the opposing teams QBs did what they had to do in the end to just put up more points. If Brady was hurt vs. the Giants I did not know about it. I mean the Giants were missing Nicks/Bradshaw and JPP was not 100% in that game either.

I think that's the reason nobody likes the Pats....they still think they're it.....and you're right about the excuses......and Flacco certainly outplayed him......The receiver may have blown but the officials may have blown it worse....that 2nd foot looked like it was down and I didnt see any booth review

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Were you? I'm currently re-reading When Pride Still Mattered - such a great book. One of the best I've read. You would probably love it, since it starts with his parents' story, his birth, his upbringing there, his time at Fordham (and of course it covers his history with the Giants) - but I don't suppose I should presume you haven't read it. If not, I highly recommend it.

I never read it but on your rec I'll see if it's avail on Kindle

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think that's the reason nobody likes the Pats....they still think they're it.....and you're right about the excuses......and Flacco certainly outplayed him......The receiver may have blown but the officials may have blown it worse....that 2nd foot looked like it was down and I didnt see any booth review

I would say it was worth a review for sure. But, then again I don't remember the receiver or the Ravens making a stink over it?

The bigger concern is John Harbaugh not calling a time out to help set up his kicker. His kicker was behind due to the scoreboard issues. No excuse for Harbaugh not to call a timeout.

Flacco showed up. I feel bad for Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. Those guys. The only thing I hated was how long it took Flacco to get going. If he put up some points in the first quarter then they had a better chance and it may not have had to come down to the end.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The beating he took was the worst beating I've seen a NYG QB take and I've been watching them since YA Tittle.

Cmon guys (and LC).....answer those quiz questions

Most TD passes in a game?

Only SB QB MVP who didnt throw a TD pass in his game...also didnt throw a pass in the 4th qyarter of that game?

Rnoeblbsyon16

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been to lambeau for a game! Drove all the way from eastern PA this year to see the raiders packers game at lambeau. I brought my buddy with me who is a die hard raider fan. Let me tell you it was one of the most AMAZING experiences of my life! The hall of fame, the tailgate zone, lambeau all just simply breath taking! My buddy was so impressed with the class of all our fans! No one and I mean no one said any derogatory things to him not even heckled! Shoot when we sat down in our seats the packer fans around us bought him a beer (he was wearing a raiders jersey). Tailgating was amazing too we became friends with a couple of really cool people who offered us food and beer and to hang out. It made me feel so great to be a packer fan! This is the way every stadium should be! When I went to the season opener game in Philly vs the packers last year I felt like I was going to get killed! They were booing an 8 yr old with a packers jersey on and cursing at him. Just disgusting. Packer fan since I was 9 and that will NEVER change! Anyone who has a chance to go to GB DO IT!! You won't regret it!! GO PACK GO!!

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I do think the Pats can win the SB btw. But, only IF they can keep Brady clean for the game and thats a big if. There is no way IMO they can block the Giants pass rush indoors for a full game. Maybe but I have to see it to believe it.

Hey Giants fans how do you feel about your own o line vs. the Pats front? And how do you feel about your secondary? They seem to be playing much better but is that a result of a healthy d line finally or just better db play in general?

If I'm reading it right, Brady took only one sack in the last two games - on grass, of course, but that's what it looks like. (I was wrong about the Pats' record this year - they lost to Buffalo too, early on. Gotta correct that...and please correct me if I'm missing something about this too.)

As I understand it, Brady was nursing a shoulder injury that he sustained in the Dallas game v. the Steelers and Giants. They won a fair number of games this year by big margins, and the three they lost weren't by much.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do think the Pats can win the SB btw. But, only IF they can keep Brady clean for the game and thats a big if. There is no way IMO they can block the Giants pass rush indoors for a full game. Maybe but I have to see it to believe it.

Hey Giants fans how do you feel about your own o line vs. the Pats front? And how do you feel about your secondary? They seem to be playing much better but is that a result of a healthy d line finally or just better db play in general?

So far I've picked Atlanta (What a dummy I was) GB(who knew) and the Niners9thought niner d would beat them down) so I'll say they can beat them.....they brat them earlier w/a lot of injured players and they can beat them again...NE's D is not good especially the secondary......if Eli gets the time he got against GB(sorry) he can shred them.......Juels is right.......the pass rush is red hot and Brady is npowhere near as mobile as Aaron or Alex
the secondary is playing better because the line is forcing the QB's off their rythym

I would say it was worth a review for sure. But, then again I don't remember the receiver or the Ravens making a stink over it?

The bigger concern is John Harbaugh not calling a time out to help set up his kicker. His kicker was behind due to the scoreboard issues. No excuse for Harbaugh not to call a timeout.

Flacco showed up. I feel bad for Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. Those guys. The only thing I hated was how long it took Flacco to get going. If he put up some points in the first quarter then they had a better chance and it may not have had to come down to the end.

There was an online article saying that New England was messing w/the board on purpose to confuse the Ravens......what a surprise.....the Cheatriots

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
So far I've picked Atlanta (What a dummy I was) GB(who knew) and the Niners9thought niner d would beat them down) so I'll say they can beat them.....they brat them earlier w/a lot of injured players and they can beat them again...NE's D is not good especially the secondary......if Eli gets the time he got against GB(sorry) he can shred them.......Juels is right.......the pass rush is red hot and Brady is npowhere near as mobile as Aaron or Alex
the secondary is playing better because the line is forcing the QB's off their rythym

There was an online article saying that New England was messing w/the board on purpose to confuse the Ravens......what a surprise.....the Cheatriots

Yep. Brady is not as mobile as Alex and especially Aaron. And the Pats despite their TE goodness and Welker do not have the receivers to stretch the field like GB. Brady is a lot like playing Peyton. They can only take so many hits and pressure in a game. Both are all time greats but not the most physical of QBs. I fully expect the Giants to go into "attack mode" against Brady again. Cut the head off the snake or at least try to. It's a big reason why those old Pats teams and the Steelers always owned Indy and SD over the years. They just got to Peyton up front so much and the rest of the offense was out of sync.

Games are often won and lost in the trenches. The Ravens got owned by Wilfork though sadly. If the Giants win the battles up front they will win the SB again.

As for the scoreboard I like to think that just an honest mistake by the operator. Even if it wasn't, Harbaugh still could have used that timeout to help prepare his kicker who rushed. Bill B. specifically did not call a TO because he saw the confusion on the Ravens sideline.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
If I'm reading it right, Brady took only one sack in the last two games - on grass, of course, but that's what it looks like. (I was wrong about the Pats' record this year - they lost to Buffalo too, early on. Gotta correct that...and please correct me if I'm missing something about this too.)

As I understand it, Brady was nursing a shoulder injury that he sustained in the Dallas game v. the Steelers and Giants. They won a fair number of games this year by big margins, and the three they lost weren't by much.

At this point looking at the regular season is probably getting meaningless. The Giants got swept by the Redskins for example lol.

I am not sure I even feel the Giants got hot at the right time. It's more like they got healthy at the right time. They lost guys starting in preseason even.

It's not always sacks though. Hits and QB pressure is just as big.

If Brady got hurt vs. Dallas I think I remember this. And if so it might be the same injury he re-injured vs. the Dolphins in week 16. Cowboys played Brady TOUGH. very tough.

LombardiChick

Reaction score

There was some confusion over what down it was (because of the plays leading up to that one), but I don't think people can fairly conclude it was "on purpose" without some reason to believe that. That kick should have been a gimme in any case, and he is (as I've read) "taking full responsibility" for not making it.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been to lambeau for a game! Drove all the way from eastern PA this year to see the raiders packers game at lambeau. I brought my buddy with me who is a die hard raider fan. Let me tell you it was one of the most AMAZING experiences of my life! The hall of fame, the tailgate zone, lambeau all just simply breath taking! My buddy was so impressed with the class of all our fans! No one and I mean no one said any derogatory things to him not even heckled! Shoot when we sat down in our seats the packer fans around us bought him a beer (he was wearing a raiders jersey). Tailgating was amazing too we became friends with a couple of really cool people who offered us food and beer and to hang out. It made me feel so great to be a packer fan! This is the way every stadium should be! When I went to the season opener game in Philly vs the packers last year I felt like I was going to get killed! They were booing an 8 yr old with a packers jersey on and cursing at him. Just disgusting. Packer fan since I was 9 and that will NEVER change! Anyone who has a chance to go to GB DO IT!! You won't regret it!! GO PACK GO!!

Were there any nut-job raider fans there in their spiked jerseys and makeup?

If I wore a NYG jersey to an Eagles game I'd have to bring a machine gun

LombardiChick

Reaction score
At this point looking at the regular season is probably getting meaningless. The Giants got swept by the Redskins for example lol.

Probably. :) In the playoffs, his O/L is holding up fairly well. He was on his butt some, but only took one sack from the Ravens, I think - not that bad.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score

On my Giants history DVD the old players like Gifford and FB Alex Webster talk w/tears in their eyes about him..Webster tells a story of going 86 yds on a screen pass(he was good but slow) and did a little hop in the end zone........Lombardi goes over to him in the end zone and says Dont ever do that again. Gifford,crying, talks about being w/Lombardi at his death bed......those players on the NYG offense loved & revered him

LombardiChick

Reaction score
For the record, I like the Patriots. Yes...I'm the one. ;) Some of their fans can be rude, but, you know - get in line for that.

(The teams I don't like are the yappy ones, the ones with thugs on them, the ones whose coaches are Rex Ryan yappy...the players I don't like are egomaniacs like Michael Vick, who declared he would have voted himself last year's MVP.)

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was some confusion over what down it was (because of the plays leading up to that one), but I don't think people can fairly conclude it was "on purpose" without some reason to believe that. That kick should have been a gimme in any case, and he is (as I've read) "taking full responsibility" for not making it.

You really know your stuff LC

LombardiChick

Reaction score
Webster tells a story of going 86 yds on a screen pass(he was good but slow) and did a little hop in the end zone........Lombardi goes over to him in the end zone and says Dont ever do that again.

Yeah...that's Coach Lombardi. Another great book you might not like as much since it's more about the Packers is Instant Replay - it's a quick read, and you really get a feel for his coaching style from it.

Sounds like a good DVD you've got there!

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Baltimore was the only team they beat w/a better than .500 record.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
Baltimore was the only team they beat w/a better tha .500 record.

People do make that point - but you can only play the schedule you've been given. And I'd point out that they beat the living hell out of a lot of those weaker teams - many of the games weren't anywhere near close.

They beat KC something like 34-3. We lost to KC (circumstances were different, new coach all that, but still...and we're built sort of like the Pats - offense-dominant, opportunistic defense).

Don't get me wrong - I think the Super Bowl will be a very competitive game. Could go either way.