1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Why the *Bleep* are the *Bleepin* Giants fans still here?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Forget Favre, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754 / 9 / -0

I actually don't know. I hear many tell me about Brady injuries and nothing is ever confirmed. There was a rumor for weeks he has a right elbow thingie. Like it takes him a while in a game to warm up or something.....not sure.

The left shoulder thing is kinda new towards the end of the year. With the Pats it's tough. Brady has been like on the injury report since 2001. I don't believe he has been 100% this year though, no. He has missed some practices and I don't think thats an accident either.
  2. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I think that's the reason nobody likes the Pats....they still think they're it.....and you're right about the excuses......and Flacco certainly outplayed him......The receiver may have blown but the officials may have blown it worse....that 2nd foot looked like it was down and I didnt see any booth review
  3. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

I never read it but on your rec I'll see if it's avail on Kindle
  4. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754 / 9 / -0
    I would say it was worth a review for sure. But, then again I don't remember the receiver or the Ravens making a stink over it?

The bigger concern is John Harbaugh not calling a time out to help set up his kicker. His kicker was behind due to the scoreboard issues. No excuse for Harbaugh not to call a timeout.

Flacco showed up. I feel bad for Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. Those guys. The only thing I hated was how long it took Flacco to get going. If he put up some points in the first quarter then they had a better chance and it may not have had to come down to the end.
  5. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    The beating he took was the worst beating I've seen a NYG QB take and I've been watching them since YA Tittle.

Cmon guys (and LC).....answer those quiz questions

Most TD passes in a game?

Only SB QB MVP who didnt throw a TD pass in his game...also didnt throw a pass in the 4th qyarter of that game?
  6. Rnoeblbsyon16

Rnoeblbsyon16 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I have been to lambeau for a game! Drove all the way from eastern PA this year to see the raiders packers game at lambeau. I brought my buddy with me who is a die hard raider fan. Let me tell you it was one of the most AMAZING experiences of my life! The hall of fame, the tailgate zone, lambeau all just simply breath taking! My buddy was so impressed with the class of all our fans! No one and I mean no one said any derogatory things to him not even heckled! Shoot when we sat down in our seats the packer fans around us bought him a beer (he was wearing a raiders jersey). Tailgating was amazing too we became friends with a couple of really cool people who offered us food and beer and to hang out. It made me feel so great to be a packer fan! This is the way every stadium should be! When I went to the season opener game in Philly vs the packers last year I felt like I was going to get killed! They were booing an 8 yr old with a packers jersey on and cursing at him. Just disgusting. Packer fan since I was 9 and that will NEVER change! Anyone who has a chance to go to GB DO IT!! You won't regret it!! GO PACK GO!!
  7. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +643 / 0 / -0
    If I'm reading it right, Brady took only one sack in the last two games - on grass, of course, but that's what it looks like. (I was wrong about the Pats' record this year - they lost to Buffalo too, early on. Gotta correct that...and please correct me if I'm missing something about this too.)

As I understand it, Brady was nursing a shoulder injury that he sustained in the Dallas game v. the Steelers and Giants. They won a fair number of games this year by big margins, and the three they lost weren't by much.
  8. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    So far I've picked Atlanta (What a dummy I was) GB(who knew) and the Niners9thought niner d would beat them down) so I'll say they can beat them.....they brat them earlier w/a lot of injured players and they can beat them again...NE's D is not good especially the secondary......if Eli gets the time he got against GB(sorry) he can shred them.......Juels is right.......the pass rush is red hot and Brady is npowhere near as mobile as Aaron or Alex
    the secondary is playing better because the line is forcing the QB's off their rythym

There was an online article saying that New England was messing w/the board on purpose to confuse the Ravens......what a surprise.....the Cheatriots
  9. LombardiChick

Ratings:
    +643 / 0 / -0
  10. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754 / 9 / -0
    Yep. Brady is not as mobile as Alex and especially Aaron. And the Pats despite their TE goodness and Welker do not have the receivers to stretch the field like GB. Brady is a lot like playing Peyton. They can only take so many hits and pressure in a game. Both are all time greats but not the most physical of QBs. I fully expect the Giants to go into "attack mode" against Brady again. Cut the head off the snake or at least try to. It's a big reason why those old Pats teams and the Steelers always owned Indy and SD over the years. They just got to Peyton up front so much and the rest of the offense was out of sync.

Games are often won and lost in the trenches. The Ravens got owned by Wilfork though sadly. If the Giants win the battles up front they will win the SB again.

As for the scoreboard I like to think that just an honest mistake by the operator. Even if it wasn't, Harbaugh still could have used that timeout to help prepare his kicker who rushed. Bill B. specifically did not call a TO because he saw the confusion on the Ravens sideline.
  11. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754 / 9 / -0
    At this point looking at the regular season is probably getting meaningless. The Giants got swept by the Redskins for example lol.

I am not sure I even feel the Giants got hot at the right time. It's more like they got healthy at the right time. They lost guys starting in preseason even.

It's not always sacks though. Hits and QB pressure is just as big.

If Brady got hurt vs. Dallas I think I remember this. And if so it might be the same injury he re-injured vs. the Dolphins in week 16. Cowboys played Brady TOUGH. very tough.
  12. LombardiChick

Ratings:
    +643 / 0 / -0
    There was some confusion over what down it was (because of the plays leading up to that one), but I don't think people can fairly conclude it was "on purpose" without some reason to believe that. That kick should have been a gimme in any case, and he is (as I've read) "taking full responsibility" for not making it.
  13. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Were there any nut-job raider fans there in their spiked jerseys and makeup?

If I wore a NYG jersey to an Eagles game I'd have to bring a machine gun
    • Like Like x 1
  14. LombardiChick

Ratings:
    +643 / 0 / -0
    Probably. :) In the playoffs, his O/L is holding up fairly well. He was on his butt some, but only took one sack from the Ravens, I think - not that bad.
  15. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    On my Giants history DVD the old players like Gifford and FB Alex Webster talk w/tears in their eyes about him..Webster tells a story of going 86 yds on a screen pass(he was good but slow) and did a little hop in the end zone........Lombardi goes over to him in the end zone and says Dont ever do that again. Gifford,crying, talks about being w/Lombardi at his death bed......those players on the NYG offense loved & revered him
  16. LombardiChick

Ratings:
    +643 / 0 / -0
    For the record, I like the Patriots. Yes...I'm the one. ;) Some of their fans can be rude, but, you know - get in line for that.

(The teams I don't like are the yappy ones, the ones with thugs on them, the ones whose coaches are Rex Ryan yappy...the players I don't like are egomaniacs like Michael Vick, who declared he would have voted himself last year's MVP.)
  17. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    You really know your stuff LC
  18. LombardiChick

Ratings:
    +643 / 0 / -0
    Yeah...that's Coach Lombardi. Another great book you might not like as much since it's more about the Packers is Instant Replay - it's a quick read, and you really get a feel for his coaching style from it.

Sounds like a good DVD you've got there!
  19. LombardiChick

Ratings:
    +643 / 0 / -0
    Oh, I have plenty to learn. But thanks.
  20. LombardiChick

Ratings:
    +643 / 0 / -0
    This made me laugh out loud. Brutal out there in Philly. Y.I.K.E.S.
  21. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Baltimore was the only team they beat w/a better than .500 record.
  22. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    They had a jail in the basement of veterans stadium.....the 700 section in that place was worse than Vietnam
  23. LombardiChick

Ratings:
    +643 / 0 / -0
    People do make that point - but you can only play the schedule you've been given. And I'd point out that they beat the living hell out of a lot of those weaker teams - many of the games weren't anywhere near close.

They beat KC something like 34-3. We lost to KC (circumstances were different, new coach all that, but still...and we're built sort of like the Pats - offense-dominant, opportunistic defense).

Don't get me wrong - I think the Super Bowl will be a very competitive game. Could go either way.
  24. LombardiChick

Ratings:
    +643 / 0 / -0
  25. LombardiChick

Ratings:
    +643 / 0 / -0
    Good night, Jules, SNAP - good talking with you guys. See you tomorrow, I imagine. :sleep: