why TED why

Reaction score
Hey all how are you today?

Brett wants to play; he does not want to hang them up. He wants to play to win, so I feel horrible for him that he has said all of this and yet Ted has done nothing to help. He still has a lot left in that arm we all know that. Give him the tools he needs PLEASE! I have noticed some individuals being negative on Brett. Are you kidding me how fast they forget just what this man did for our team and our town? When you can tell your children to watch this player not only because of the way he plays the game but how he handles himself as a person is a parents dream for a role model. We know that Brett will not come back just for records but for us fans to have him break those Marino records and when you look in the future the records will show that Brett was one of the best ever. I just find the lack of Ted Thompson’s free agency moves implorable. How in the same hell can you let Brett end his career like this? As a life long diehard true Packer fan I am flabbergasted and appalled at the way you have handled our organization. I just can not understand how you can not surround Brett with at least some talent. Instead you believe that you will put your imprint on our team by not spending in Free agency and letting certain key Pro Bowlers go (Wahle) (Rivera) etc: and in the meantime our division rivals are gathering pro bowl caliber players, while we sign WHO!!!!! I really do not care one bit that if in the future with you putting your imprint on the team means that we will be competitive. Because if that means your plan sends our hero and icon into early retirement it will never in my opinion be worth it.

I hate that our hero is being shown the door like this. If Brett leaves like this you will have driven a steak in the hearts of many Packer fans and really make some of us question why would you put your heart and soul into a team and root for them when they PUSH out one of the most beloved players in this organizations’ history out the door like this. I just hope and pray that this was not the last nail in the coffin, but how many other key free agents are left??? I am very afraid that History and all of us Packer fans will look back upon your time in our organization and just cringe because of moves that you made and or didn’t make. Brett I am so sorry that you have to go out like this, it is not right and I do not agree one bit.

I am very sorry to all the Thompson supporters but I am not one. I will never be one either just for the fact of him not doing a thing at all to get Brett some talent. We hire who as a coach, oh ya that’s right a coach who has been in charge offensively of 2 of the worst teams in the NFL the last couple years. Love that move Ted, You have a coach in Jim Bates who turns our defense from bottom 5 in the league the year before to number 7 under his watch, ya that guy cant coach at all right? Also we still have not addressed our horribly weak guard position either. Let me get this correct our NFC counterparts who already have contending teams and they go shopping the Vikings-Tank Williams, Steve Hutchinson, Tony Richardson, DeQuincy Scott, Mike McMahon, Adimchinobe Echemandu, Cowboys- Terrell Owens, Mike Vanderjagt, Falcons- Lawyer Milloy, John Abraham, Giants- Arrington, Panthers- Keyshawn Johnson, Seahawks-Nate Burleson, Julian Peterson, Russell Davis, Tom Ashworth, and our best free agent is who Marc Boerigter, Ryan Pickett, TT supporters I really do not mean to be rude but why should we be happy with this?

Javon wants a new place and a new start; this situation could have and should have been handled during and or at the end year that way we would not have this negative look on our club. I hate that Javon is doing this because I really believe he is a nice guy, unlike TO. With that said I understand 100% why he is saying it, he is sick of the organizations’ crap and Ted Thompson’s bullsh*t. Almost every article that you hear from players regarding Thompson is they all say in not so many words that he is an *ssh*l*, and cares not about anyone but him and his cronies. Honestly if you went to work and you had a boss like him and his negative my way attitude you would get sick of his sh*t too. I have said this many times his lack of commitment to make the team better for Brett is horse **** and shows you his lack of care for our tradition. This is one of our arguably best Packer players ever and an icon in this city. So if he doesn’t care about trying to get some talent for him then what the hell do you think he cares about our organization? Brett has now lost 3 of his starting lineman in the last 2 years so tell me that Ted cares about winning, bullsh*t. It is really too bad that they do not have a reality show on who wants to be the next NFL GM, because I really do believe that some of us regular Joes could do it. Once Seattle lets this freaking joke go 2 years later they are in the super bowl you think that is a quinceadence me neither.

I understand that some members are not Sherman supporters and you have a couple very good reasons too. I did not agree with some of his moves either, but that was Mike’s first opportunity to be GM and some mistakes are going to happen. Although the only item in my book that matters and should count is winning. We did not have a losing season under Sherman, not 1. His worst record was 9-7. Ted has done this 2 times now and last year with certain moves made or not made by him made our team a joke we were a laughing stock of the NFL. I am sorry but being in the same category as San Fran is not acceptable. Just look at what a GM can do that does not care about his teams tradition can do, San Fran was a dynasty a super power. They ran out Bill Walsh, and have made that team a frikin joke since they took over. I really do hope that we do not have another bad year with him, but if we do it is time for him to go. I will be the first to eat crow and say that I was wrong if he turns our team around. Another losing season is not acceptable and I will never apologize for wanting to make our team better.

No matter what the out come is at the end of the year, Snyder has done everything in his power to try and make his team better EVERY YEAR. If you are a Skins fan every off season you have to be extremely happy with your team for doing everything they can to make them better. I am sorry but Ted Thompson is a joke, I can not accept his lack of work on signing free agents. I am not nor will I ever be happy or satisfied with a couple seasons of 4-12, so MAYBE his team that he built will contend. I don’t care what you say about Sherman how many losing seasons did he have!!! I am always more happy with a winning and contending season than blowing up your roster and make our team a joke.

Thanks for letting me rant, take care all and have a great day :D

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow you brought up the Redskins in a positive way in this post. I am amazed. Yes the Redskins make big offseason moves and get their fans excited but are they ever really better for making the moves? Have they not been severely dissapointing for years and years now? I think they provide the perfect arguement for how getting big name free agents doesn't help a team win. Drafting players and picking up decent free agents to fill holes do help teams win. You are probably one of the people that think they should of signed TO despite him being an idiot, and Larry Allen despite him not fitting the scheme. This isn't fantasy football or madden. It is also still early in the offseason. If the offseason ends with no more free agency signings I will agree that Ted Thompson has done badly, but you need to bloody relax and see what happens.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
If signing TO and Larry Allen didn't restrict us from signing Woodson and Arrington ... I'd have been cool with it. (Not to say they need my approval)

As much of a pain TO is I'd like to see the numbers he and could rack up.

If we did nab them four FA we could trade our 5th overall for a lot more picks which would free up some cap space the 5th overall selection will command and the more picks would add needed depth behind the elder players.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[align=center]Why Teddy Why ?[/align]
[align=center]I ask myself that question almost every day my friend, you are not alone !!![/align]

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
SuperRat=

Let me make one thing perfectly clear I do not believe our organization should be ever run like a fantasy football team. If T.O. would have been brought in here I would have been VERY unhappy. That turd is what’s 100% wrong with certain NFL players. I have never liked him, and when he chose to do his antics on the middle of the cowboys star he should have been tarred and feathered. That was a disgrace and the fans inside should have rushed the field and beat him down. If you are a Skins fan every off season at least you know your team is trying to get better.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes trying but failing every year. I would much rather have a boring offseason and a successful football franchise. I was just reading about Arrington and apparently John Clayton reported that the Packers did make a very strong last push for a contract, but Arrington went to the Giants because he liked the defensive coordinator and he wanted to stay in the division, so there wasn't really anything TT could of done.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fantasy~Freak*4*Life said:
SuperRat=

Let me make one thing perfectly clear I do not believe our organization should be ever run like a fantasy football team. If T.O. would have been brought in here I would have been VERY unhappy. That turd is what’s 100% wrong with certain NFL players. I have never liked him, and when he chose to do his antics on the middle of the cowboys star he should have been tarred and feathered. That was a disgrace and the fans inside should have rushed the field and beat him down. If you are a Skins fan every off season at least you know your team is trying to get better.

I initially sided with you but I think Brett and some other pack fans saw something here that we did not so I am not so sure anymore. Brett's last quote on this for what it's worth was:

Would you like have liked the Packers to sign (former UTC player) Terrell Owens?:

“He is a heck of a player. I don’t know him all that well personally. He came to my golf tournament last year. He seemed like a great guy. But that was two hours that I spent with him. He is a phenomenal player. We all think that. I think that every team that picks him up maybe thinks that they can change the way he approaches things. Dallas is loading up, and if he can give them the year that he gave Philly his first year, they feel like they will be in the Super Bowl. Because I don’t know if there is a player out there who is as dominant as he is, when he wants to be. I know he can’t be covered. He has been his own worst enemy. Would I love to sign him? Sure.â€

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is given way too much credit for his first year in Philly. He did have a great season but the team was one game away from the Super Bowl a year before. It isn't like they sucked and he made them into a Super Bowl team. I can't deny that he is a very talented player, but the fact is that he is a horrible person and he hasn't made any attempts to improve his image or show that he is willing to work with others. After signing with the Cowboys he made that awful rap song bragging about his contract and he hasn't worked out with the team to try to get to know his new teammates better. If there was any reason to believe that he has changed and can work with others I would agree with you, but it just looks like he is determined to be a jerk.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, I couldn't agree with you more Fantasy. I dislike TT. In fact, I have never liked him. For some reason, I think he has a sneaky look about him. If you want to call that grandma's intuition, go ahead, but I do think he is sneaky. I, for one, am a Sherman supporter. Yes, he made some mistakes, but as far as I know there was only one perfect person who wallked this earth, and He is no longer physically here. I also thought Sherman was very nice towards the public. I have the grandma's intuition again that the Pack is going to be the laughing stock of the NFL once again. On a positive note, however--we don't have the players who get into trouble all of the time as the queens do. Now, that I have done my ranting and raving, have a good rest of the weekend every one.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
He is given way too much credit for his first year in Philly. He did have a great season but the team was one game away from the Super Bowl a year before. It isn't like they sucked and he made them into a Super Bowl team. I can't deny that he is a very talented player, but the fact is that he is a horrible person and he hasn't made any attempts to improve his image or show that he is willing to work with others. After signing with the Cowboys he made that awful rap song bragging about his contract and he hasn't worked out with the team to try to get to know his new teammates better. If there was any reason to believe that he has changed and can work with others I would agree with you, but it just looks like he is determined to be a jerk.

I actually agree with all of the above SuperRat. I personally can't stand his attitude either. I have only gone back and forth on this issue because I think we may have a "Randy Moss Syndrome" here. Another classic jerk, But, once removed from the Vikings, he seemed to grow up ( we did not here a peep out of him last year, he just played ball ).

Really torn on this issue until I see how TO treats his teamates in Dallas but I understand why TT had to play it safe with this one. Dallas took a chance ( we will soon see if it helps make them or break them ) !!!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
Wow you brought up the Redskins in a positive way in this post. I am amazed. Yes the Redskins make big offseason moves and get their fans excited but are they ever really better for making the moves? Have they not been severely dissapointing for years and years now? I think they provide the perfect arguement for how getting big name free agents doesn't help a team win. Drafting players and picking up decent free agents to fill holes do help teams win. You are probably one of the people that think they should of signed TO despite him being an idiot, and Larry Allen despite him not fitting the scheme. This isn't fantasy football or madden. It is also still early in the offseason. If the offseason ends with no more free agency signings I will agree that Ted Thompson has done badly, but you need to bloody relax and see what happens.

uhhhh..

if i'm not mistaken...didn't the Redskins make the playoffs last year..??

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah and Mike Sherman made the playoffs 4 times so hmm maybe he was doing things right after all. The Redskins scraped by in the wild card game and lost the next one in the playoffs. They haven't gotten past the divisional round since they won the super bowl in 1991 and they have only made the playoffs 3 times since then. Not a shining picture of success despite tons of offseason big name signings.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fantasy~Freak*4*Life said:
Hey all how are you today?

Brett wants to play; he does not want to hang them up. He wants to play to win, so I feel horrible for him that he has said all of this and yet Ted has done nothing to help. He still has a lot left in that arm we all know that. Give him the tools he needs PLEASE! I have noticed some individuals being negative on Brett. Are you kidding me how fast they forget just what this man did for our team and our town? When you can tell your children to watch this player not only because of the way he plays the game but how he handles himself as a person is a parents dream for a role model. We know that Brett will not come back just for records but for us fans to have him break those Marino records and when you look in the future the records will show that Brett was one of the best ever. I just find the lack of Ted Thompson’s free agency moves implorable. How in the same hell can you let Brett end his career like this? As a life long diehard true Packer fan I am flabbergasted and appalled at the way you have handled our organization. I just can not understand how you can not surround Brett with at least some talent. Instead you believe that you will put your imprint on our team by not spending in Free agency and letting certain key Pro Bowlers go (Wahle) (Rivera) etc: and in the meantime our division rivals are gathering pro bowl caliber players, while we sign WHO!!!!! I really do not care one bit that if in the future with you putting your imprint on the team means that we will be competitive. Because if that means your plan sends our hero and icon into early retirement it will never in my opinion be worth it.

I hate that our hero is being shown the door like this. If Brett leaves like this you will have driven a steak in the hearts of many Packer fans and really make some of us question why would you put your heart and soul into a team and root for them when they PUSH out one of the most beloved players in this organizations’ history out the door like this. I just hope and pray that this was not the last nail in the coffin, but how many other key free agents are left??? I am very afraid that History and all of us Packer fans will look back upon your time in our organization and just cringe because of moves that you made and or didn’t make. Brett I am so sorry that you have to go out like this, it is not right and I do not agree one bit.

I am very sorry to all the Thompson supporters but I am not one. I will never be one either just for the fact of him not doing a thing at all to get Brett some talent. We hire who as a coach, oh ya that’s right a coach who has been in charge offensively of 2 of the worst teams in the NFL the last couple years. Love that move Ted, You have a coach in Jim Bates who turns our defense from bottom 5 in the league the year before to number 7 under his watch, ya that guy cant coach at all right? Also we still have not addressed our horribly weak guard position either. Let me get this correct our NFC counterparts who already have contending teams and they go shopping the Vikings-Tank Williams, Steve Hutchinson, Tony Richardson, DeQuincy Scott, Mike McMahon, Adimchinobe Echemandu, Cowboys- Terrell Owens, Mike Vanderjagt, Falcons- Lawyer Milloy, John Abraham, Giants- Arrington, Panthers- Keyshawn Johnson, Seahawks-Nate Burleson, Julian Peterson, Russell Davis, Tom Ashworth, and our best free agent is who Marc Boerigter, Ryan Pickett, TT supporters I really do not mean to be rude but why should we be happy with this?

Javon wants a new place and a new start; this situation could have and should have been handled during and or at the end year that way we would not have this negative look on our club. I hate that Javon is doing this because I really believe he is a nice guy, unlike TO. With that said I understand 100% why he is saying it, he is sick of the organizations’ crap and Ted Thompson’s bullsh*t. Almost every article that you hear from players regarding Thompson is they all say in not so many words that he is an *ssh*l*, and cares not about anyone but him and his cronies. Honestly if you went to work and you had a boss like him and his negative my way attitude you would get sick of his sh*t too. I have said this many times his lack of commitment to make the team better for Brett is horse **** and shows you his lack of care for our tradition. This is one of our arguably best Packer players ever and an icon in this city. So if he doesn’t care about trying to get some talent for him then what the hell do you think he cares about our organization? Brett has now lost 3 of his starting lineman in the last 2 years so tell me that Ted cares about winning, bullsh*t. It is really too bad that they do not have a reality show on who wants to be the next NFL GM, because I really do believe that some of us regular Joes could do it. Once Seattle lets this freaking joke go 2 years later they are in the super bowl you think that is a quinceadence me neither.

I understand that some members are not Sherman supporters and you have a couple very good reasons too. I did not agree with some of his moves either, but that was Mike’s first opportunity to be GM and some mistakes are going to happen. Although the only item in my book that matters and should count is winning. We did not have a losing season under Sherman, not 1. His worst record was 9-7. Ted has done this 2 times now and last year with certain moves made or not made by him made our team a joke we were a laughing stock of the NFL. I am sorry but being in the same category as San Fran is not acceptable. Just look at what a GM can do that does not care about his teams tradition can do, San Fran was a dynasty a super power. They ran out Bill Walsh, and have made that team a frikin joke since they took over. I really do hope that we do not have another bad year with him, but if we do it is time for him to go. I will be the first to eat crow and say that I was wrong if he turns our team around. Another losing season is not acceptable and I will never apologize for wanting to make our team better.

No matter what the out come is at the end of the year, Snyder has done everything in his power to try and make his team better EVERY YEAR. If you are a Skins fan every off season you have to be extremely happy with your team for doing everything they can to make them better. I am sorry but Ted Thompson is a joke, I can not accept his lack of work on signing free agents. I am not nor will I ever be happy or satisfied with a couple seasons of 4-12, so MAYBE his team that he built will contend. I don’t care what you say about Sherman how many losing seasons did he have!!! I am always more happy with a winning and contending season than blowing up your roster and make our team a joke.

Thanks for letting me rant, take care all and have a great day :D

I would have a great day but it took me all day to read this!!! Just kidding, Freak. Nice post...

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah perhaps they will find a quarterback in a tree somewhere. God knows they can't develop a young qb (ramsey) so they will continue to attempt to win games with aging average quarterbacks and their offense will come up short everytime.

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
carol k said:
Hey, I couldn't agree with you more Fantasy. I dislike TT. In fact, I have never liked him. For some reason, I think he has a sneaky look about him. If you want to call that grandma's intuition, go ahead, but I do think he is sneaky. I, for one, am a Sherman supporter. Yes, he made some mistakes, but as far as I know there was only one perfect person who wallked this earth, and He is no longer physically here. I also thought Sherman was very nice towards the public. I have the grandma's intuition again that the Pack is going to be the laughing stock of the NFL once again. On a positive note, however--we don't have the players who get into trouble all of the time as the queens do. Now, that I have done my ranting and raving, have a good rest of the weekend every one.

The grandma's intuition is never wrong. I think he is a snake also. Though on a postive side, at least he did not do what the Titans did to Steve McNair. That was just plain cold hearted and classless. Have a great day :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts