Why so many ***** injuries, always?

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just hopping around the NFL.com website, seems like quite a few teams have already racked up some nasty injuries so far, and it's not just the Packers. However, one sobering statistic: 2010 and 2012 had the Packers at #1 for number of games with starters out. Multiplying # of starters x # of games out = 91 in 2010 and 83 in 2012.

Bulaga is most likely out for the season, so we're got 1 x 16 = 16 games so far and counting for 2013.

Oh, and please tell me that Eddie Lacy is NOT HURT!!

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Would someone please call Dr. Andrews for a training staff evaluation !!!

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guess what? Datone Jones twisted his ankle, the same one he injured a couple of weeks ago, and he's out again.

And there goes another #1 draft choice.

And Muluumba's knee "blew up" in a meeting. . . /boggle

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet that we won't see Hayward for a few more weeks now if not, dare I say, putting him on the PUP to make sure that he's 100% for a playoff run. I think that our secondary could absorb being without him for the first six weeks. It's a deep unit, not elite, but deep.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet that we won't see Hayward for a few more weeks now if not, dare I say, putting him on the PUP to make sure that he's 100% for a playoff run. I think that our secondary could absorb being without him for the first six weeks. It's a deep unit, not elite, but deep.
Isn't this a bit pessimistic? Have we even seen a report on Hayward?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Having to carry an injured Harris and BJones and Hayward on the 53 will cost an extra lineman and TE spot I figure. Will probably carry an extra ILB and DB now and go light with 3 healthy HB's and Kuhn.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Having to carry an injured Harris and BJones and Hayward on the 53 will cost an extra lineman and TE spot I figure. Will probably carry an extra ILB and DB now and go light with 3 healthy HB's and Kuhn.
Doubtful. I was already expecting a 6 CB roster, and around 5 ILB. We're mediocre enough at ILB we have the appearance of depth, and Francois looked good against the 2's. Chances are we go light at OL, S, and OLB

H

HardRightEdge

I've been very impressed with Hyde. He should be at least an adequate fill-in for Hayward at nickel. I'm more concerned about the cover corner spot opposite Shields. Williams' injury, House's awful guessing and guessing wrong against St. Louis, notwithstanding the bounce back against Seattle...it concerns me, especially since Whitt plans on keeping the CBs set at left-and-right sides rather than having a defined #1 and #2. If that corner is a weak link, opponents will run their #1 WR against him.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
The Packers placed T Bryan Bulaga, WR Kevin Dorsey, RB DuJuan Harris and LB Jarvis Reed on injured reserve. S Sean Richardson, T Derek Sherrod, T JC Tretter and DE Jerel Worthy were placed on reserve/physically unable to perform.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How come Bulaga and Sherrod were not on the list? Nor Worthy?

I don't know, but I'm sure the Packers aren't the only team that has players not on it. Point being, we're really no more banged up than anyone else.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, but I'm sure the Packers aren't the only team that has players not on it. Point being, we're really no more banged up than anyone else.

Well given the injury history of our team time is not on our side.

The list provided by the link is not comprehensive and does not reflect the injury status of our team and probably not others.

Last edited:

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, we ***** about injuries a lot as Packers fans... Thank God none of us are coaches of this team.

It is what it is, the last few years we have tended to have more than others, but nothing you can do about it on the freak ones. On the hammy's and crap, that seems like a conditioning thing to me, who's in charge of making sure these guys are hydrated and stretched??

As far as the freak knee blowout's and crazy stuff, we aren't any worse for wear than any other team out there.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in San Diego, get a constant run of updates from them and about the Raiders, the second most popular team here. My wife is a 49'er fan so I get her updates daily too. All of them are hurting like you wouldn't believe. Difference is for the Chargers, it seems any injury is devastating. Raiders nearly as bad. 9'ers not as bad, but losing Crabtree is bad since their next best receiver is either their TE or an ancient Bolden. Everyone gets them, the difference is what the backups can/ will do in replacing starters. Everyone is going through it and it seems much mo frequent under the new CBA.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the hammy's and crap, that seems like a conditioning thing to me, who's in charge of making sure these guys are hydrated and stretched??

Ultimately, the players are. They're professional athletes and have been taught to stretch and maintain hydration since 5th grade.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now I worry about what we're going to get from Datone Jones early in the season. If we were hoping that he'd come in and be a pass-rushing threat right away, that hope looks pretty dim.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...ing-through-ankle-injury-b9985886z1-221577891

Now there's something Ill agree with. Our first rounders have had God awful luck their first years with injury.

If I wasn't a Packers fan... I'd prob start crying if I was drafted in the first round by the Packers.

Members online

Latest posts