Why so many ***** injuries, always?

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was critical of the Pro Bowl last season. I'm sure that this is the next step for him....intentionally not going
And I agree with it.
I'd never play in the game unless I was a kicker.
They should eliminate the game alltogether. It is a joke, and the game of football is too rough.... can't expect them to compete hard.... I'll never forget Robert Edwards injury there, sandy.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pro Bowl should be flag football without pads, instead of flag football with pads.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
1 understandable, 2 is bad luck, 3 is coincidence, 4 years of injuries is a pattern. How many more years until we finally figure out there's something in the water?

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The cheese is good !! It's the VEGETABLES !!:sick:

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM needs to stop being so stubborn with his support of his buddies on the strength staff. Pay whatever it takes to get the head football strength coach from bama for next season. Those college kids are all more yoked than many NFL players.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't we just draft our running back from there? The guy that most teams avoided because of his toe injury?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
MM needs to stop being so stubborn with his support of his buddies on the strength staff.
I don’t understand this kind of knee-jerk reaction. Mark Lovat is the strength and conditioning coordinator and he’s been with the Packers for 15 years so it would be quite a coincidence if he and McCarthy were “buddies” before McCarthy took over as HC. So he’s apparently not a “buddy” but McCarthy is loyal to assistants, what about that? Well Lovat was named NFL Strength Coach of the Year for his work in 2011 by the Professional Football Strength and Conditioning Coaches Society.

Look, I certainly recognize the Packers’ problems with injuries – so does McCarthy. And if firing Lovat would solve the problem my guess is Mike would drive him to the airport. I don’t know if the strength and conditioning staff is responsible for what looks like the above NFL average number of injuries the Packers have suffered over the past several seasons and if they are, to what extent. I also don’t know what criteria the professional association used to name Lovat coach of the year but it’s an indication he’s viewed favorably by his peers. All I’m pretty sure of on this subject is the evidence shows Lovat wasn’t a friend of McCarthy before he became HC and there is a recent, objective reason to think Lovat is respected among his peers.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I am usually in favor of kicking the bad guys to the curb sooner than most are (Crosby) and holding grudges (Farve, Jennings).... and I hate injuries with a passion..... and I started this thread that was revived again today..... but I do not blame anyone other than the "Injury God" for these.... these are bad luck bullschit injuries.

Sherrods I still blame on Newhouse for the play that caused it.
Bulaga does seem a little brittle/uncoordinated perhaps, still mostly bad luck.
I just don't understand how all our top guys, especially the OL, get hurt always while the 49ers OL remains healthy, especially their top dawgs.

Would it make me feel better if their #1 picks also went down like ours always do?
Hmm........

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2012 left tackle Marshall Newhouse didn’t help matters by allowing 9.5 sacks, 11.5 hits and hurries, and racking up 22 total blown blocks. Newhouse was smartly moved to the right tackle spot for the 2013 campaign – but what were the Packers to do about their obvious pass-protection issues?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Perhaps it’s because of the Packers ability to succeed in spite of their recent rash of injuries that Burruss and McKenzie have been awarded their profession’s highest honor."
That jumped out at me too. The phrase that correlation does not equal causation is appropriate here. I fully recognize and am ticked off by all of the injuries. I would be more concerned if we were mostly dealing with muscle pulls and strains. Dislocated fingers, broken bones, knee injuries....that's not on the medical staff just because there is a correlation. They can't be blamed as the cause.

Someone wrote the argument that all of our injuries take longer to heal than other teams. I'd like to see real proof of that, not a couple examples. Every injury is different. The media likes to say that this injury is the exact same as so-and-so's, but that means NOTHING. If Mrs. El Guapo and I get hit by the same stick on the arm, my bruise will go away within hours and hers will last for a week. None of us can account for how a player will heal and react to treatment. No doctor can prescribe a cure-all fix. Sure they have regimens that hopefully work for the majority of players with a certain injury, but there are no magic bullets.

People calling for the training and medical staff to be fired are frustrated for sure, but have misplaced aggression. As pointed out in the article and noted by 13 Times Champs above, you might be cutting loose the only lifeline holding the ship together.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
It occurred to me today that the Packers injury woes coincide with the installation of the sports turf at Nitschke Field. It was installed during the 2008 season IIRC. Before that they had either all grass or astro turf depending on which field they were on.
Or it could all be just a curse inflicted by the player with the ironman streak of consecutive games before he felt he was disrespected and found other employment.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There have been plenty of muscle pulls though.

The problem I have with them is that they seem ultra conservative as far as rehab and return to play. It takes everyone forever to get back.

I certainly don't advocate being like the bears and shooting everyone up to their gills with toradol to get them on the field but they could be more aggressive with their ACL rehab. Worthy should be back by week 6 but he won't be.

D

Dan115

The injuries have started to spike under McCarthy. McCarthy needs to go and thus so will the injuries. Makes perfect logic to me.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't understand how all our top guys, especially the OL, get hurt always while the 49ers OL remains healthy, especially their top dawgs.....

Because the 49ers O-Line are some big, tough, nasty MoFos! Tough for them to get injured when they are manhandling their opponents regularly.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Injuries are a part of football. We don't know any of the specifics of any of them, so it is impossible to say whether the Packers are treated any differently. Maybe the field turf, as suggested is part of the problem--but isn't that only in the indoor practice area? I believe the outdoor Clark Hinkle field has the same stuff that's inside Lambeau--a mixture of real grass, rubber and artificial "grass". Don't know how many injuries occur inside vs outside.

Members online

No members online now.