Why not 10 wins

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mentioned this in another thread to some nitwit. I'd like to see what real Packer fans think.

One question: Does this team have more talent on the roster this season than we had 2 years ago?

If so....why can't we expect to win AT LEAST 10 games like we did then?

If not....why not? Isn't that what TT was brought in to do?

I'd be particularly interested in what the "Sherman bashers/ TT's poop don't stink" guys have to say. Don't give me future/potential, just answer the question. Do we have more talent today than two years ago? We can debate the future later.

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our talent is a little on the downside. Our defense is the same on both teams not real good. But atleast 2 yrs ago we had some offense.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have less experience. Perhaps more talent but not as experienced. Also the division is tougher. The Vikings are still solid and the Bears should be tougher as well. Even the Lions now have a semi-servicable quarterback.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same as SupahRat. From a purely physical standpoint, we are more talented. But we are young and need seasoning.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sure we do... but talent is one thing, experience and talent is another thing. Just like Brett said a couple days ago.

i think we definetly have a chance at 10 games, but if we dont make that... no one should be fired. how can you give a GM, HC, and 53 players one year to prove themselves. and i liked sherman for awhile. but he clearly couldnt handle both GM and HC duties. and when we hired TT to take the GM spot, they couldnt work together... see ya sherms.

and by the way... who uses the word nitwit, how old are you. you do realize this isnt 1953 right... you rapscallion you.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I think anything between 6 and 11 is possible. No less and no more wins that that though. That's a huge margin of wins. Personally my excuse for that is this.

The team either picks up on the system and gets going good and we get up to 11 wins.

The team doesnt pick up well and we atleast get six. Because I feel we're 2 wins better than last year even if not everyone is on the same page.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I mentioned this in another thread to some nitwit. I'd like to see what real Packer fans think.

One question: Does this team have more talent on the roster this season than we had 2 years ago?

If so....why can't we expect to win AT LEAST 10 games like we did then?

If not....why not? Isn't that what TT was brought in to do?

I'd be particularly interested in what the "Sherman bashers/ TT's poop don't stink" guys have to say. Don't give me future/potential, just answer the question. Do we have more talent today than two years ago? We can debate the future later.

The talent in the division is much more equal now. No more 6-0 cake walks! Do you really believe that was a legitmate 10-6 team with Slowick's defense. Can't you guys ever look past the obvious and take a deeper look?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Brett Favre said there was more talent on this team than any he has ever been on and you can bet your house he wouldn't put the '04 team down as one of the most talented teams he's played with.

'Bout threw his arm off trying to outscore every team we played.

The defense is without a doubt more talented.

The kicker is that we are one of, if not the youngest team in the NFL.

So if ten wins don't come up as long as I see steady improvement thru the year I'm fine with it. We're in great shape cap wise. Give these young guys some PT and we will be kicking some tail by next year.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see why we DON'T have as much of a chance as anyone in our division of winning 10 games.
There......i said it! :lol:

The NFL is much more evenly matched now adays. There are no powerhouses. Pittsburgh won the SUPER BOWL for crying out loud! WHO saw THAT coming!?!? (Sorry Packinsteel! :wink: )

greenbegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikes have a much better offensive and defensive line than the Pack. The Bears have the best defense in the league. I bet we finish third in the division. It wont be a huge margin, but we arent winning the division.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
greenbegas said:
The Vikes have a much better offensive and defensive line than the Pack. The Bears have the best defense in the league. I bet we finish third in the division. It wont be a huge margin, but we arent winning the division.

ONE injury on any one of those teams could knock them down. Plus, the bounce of the ball......sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it doesn't.
The Vikes offense doesn't impress me, and the Bears defense might not be able to make up for their lousy offense.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings still have no running game and have lost their best wide reciever for the year most likely, and have a mediocre qb.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree with you guys the team is not very experienced but as favre said if the team is on the same page the packers can have a good season.

greenbegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings have a very good offensive line and now have Chester Taylor (the runningback from the Ravens). Hence, they DO have a decent running game.
Plus they have a qb who doesnt make many mistakes.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
chester taylor sucks. From what I've read he has been very dissapointing in camp and I watched their preseason game and they couldn't run. Their leading rusher was backup QB Tavaris Jackson with 36 yards. Taylor had 9 rushes for 18 yards. They had a total of 82 yards on 6 carries with average of 3.2 ypc, which was driven up by the quarterbacks 3 rushes for 36 yards. Tell me again how decent that rushing game is again.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brad Johnson is a quarterback that wouldn't start for 90% of NFL teams. He doesn't give the ball away much but he doesn't do anything spectacular either. If someone were to choose between having Brad Johnson's career and Brett Favre's, everybody will take Brett. When Brad has to throw 40 plus times a game because of no running game, you will see how many interceptions he will throw.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the overall level of talent is higher. That being said, we have fewer playmakers than two years ago (no Walker, Favre and Green each two years older), which means we won't be winning 10 games.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Simple answer, No, I don't think we are as talented as we were two years ago. Maybe more depth, but not at the starting positions overall.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not so sure. The "experts" predict we'll win 4-7 games. Some of you guys said TT got rid of Sherman's "soft" mistakes and Sherman himself and replaced them with better. So why can't we expect to win at least as many games? I think our talent level may be better in most areas except the very important areas of OLine and WR. If somebody can step up, maybe we can catch lightning in a bottle and win 10-12 games.

I know most of you think this was a bait thread but it wasn't. This season will tell alot. Even to nitwits.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:eek: I would be surprised if this years team wins more then six games, if that. They may think we have the talent but, that's a long way from being able to use it effectively.. According to one of the sports writers GB was an unsettled team as late as mid-Aug last year. It's mid-Aug again and I can't see that GB is settled either offensively or defensively. I am also beginning to suspect (that's suspect) there was a bit more to Sherman's firing of Jag then we have been led to believe.Let's just say I'm not impressed with anything the Pack has done so far this season. Too many players taking off for minor injuries, etc. Certainly not a Lombardi approach!!!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talent is phenomenal as far as this-year potential goes. (as well as the future) If the o-line can pick up on the zone/cut blocking scheme by the first 2 games, and the d gels just as quickly, ten games are definitely reachable. Seattle, New England, Chicago, Philly, and Miami are the only teams I would consider true playoff contenders. That leaves 11 games to be stolen.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
chibiabos said:
:eek: I would be surprised if this years team wins more then six games, if that. They may think we have the talent but, that's a long way from being able to use it effectively.. According to one of the sports writers GB was an unsettled team as late as mid-Aug last year. It's mid-Aug again and I can't see that GB is settled either offensively or defensively. I am also beginning to suspect (that's suspect) there was a bit more to Sherman's firing of Jag then we have been led to believe.Let's just say I'm not impressed with anything the Pack has done so far this season. Too many players taking off for minor injuries, etc. Certainly not a Lombardi approach!!!

Yeah, I feel the same way Chibi, these guys are football players getting paid millions and they sit out every time they get a hangnail. I thought MM talked about changing the attitude? Then numerous players miss OTA's because of European vacations, and they are held out because of minor injuries. I tell you what this garbage wouldn't go on with Vince and you can bet your *** he would hold these guys responsible.

Members online

Latest posts