Why isn't Balaga the starting LT?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not a personal attack on anyone but can a mod fix the spelling in the title of the thread? It's driving me nuts lol, yes I realize I'm being a stickler and apologize

H

HardRightEdge

This is not a personal attack on anyone but can a mod fix the spelling in the title of the thread? It's driving me nuts lol, yes I realize I'm being a stickler and apologize

I thought the same thing, but figured it best to leave it alone since the rules state that spelling errors and the like should be addressed via personal message. ;)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's also keep in mind that Newhouse essentially was the backup last season until Clifton hung up his cleats. It was his first year. How many of us kicked but at our job at first - with millions of fans watching? Newhouse is developing just fine. He's not a first round draft pick with high expectations. He's a left tackle with pretty good tools that is learning the job and will find his own. I expect the Jared Allens of the world (pro bowlers) to teach Newhouse a few lessons in his first real season as a starter. I also expect that it will happen less this year and even less in 2013.

We all want instant gratification from this team and its players. That is not reality.
This will be Newhouse's 3rd season. From his first start last year to the playoff game, his game improved tremendously.

I think he is looking pretty good. I think by the end of the season he will be an above average player - and he will continue to improve. I don't see Rodgers as being in danger because of Newhouse. Rodgers is good at moving in the pocket and sensing pressure. I like what I hear from the coaches about Newhouse: He studies hard; he works hard; and he doesn't make the same mistake twice. He has the physical attributes and if he has the improvement desire, as it sounds like, he should be a very good pro.

What I'm most excited about is the improvement in the run game. God bless Cliffy, but he added next to nothing in the way of run blocking. If Newhouse can provide even a few blocks per game, we should be able to add something to the run game.

Members online

Latest posts