Why is the game scheduled so early?

IlliniPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why this game starts so early? It would make more sense for a 315 start at the earliest. It makes me upset that I'm going to miss the first half. Anyone else going to miss part of the game?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, unless you guys are pastors and giving late afternoon sermons on Sunday, why the hell would you go to work, any job, and miss part of this game?

That's preposterous and really you only should blame yourselves. Sundays are about church, family, and football and they don't get any bigger than this week. Except in 2 weeks.

It's the day of the sabbath and by law, you shouldn't have to work due to religious reasons... this is one case where not only Muslims get to use that as their excuse for something.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well i think its the 3 start time because last year the NFC had the later start time.

not sure if that's how it works though.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Kitten,

I've been the most excited for and nervous for this game over the other 2 playoff games so far. the wait has been a killer.

jcreinke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea, i'm going to miss a good chunk of it as I have to go help with a worship at 2:15 that'll take atleast until 4:30..grrr...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
its that time so then when the game is over at 5 or 530 they can do the trophy thing for a a hour or what ever

then the late game starts at 7?? with the rest of the world watching

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it seems the closer it gets the longer the day is. im cool with it being early...setting up an all day party!!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea, i'm going to miss a good chunk of it as I have to go help with a worship at 2:15 that'll take atleast until 4:30..grrr...

Be careful of you receive text updates for scores during worship. One time I went to the afternoon worship that started around 1pm, just when the Eagles game started ( I was still a fan then). I got the scores and stats sent via text to my phone. It was around 1:35 or so when I got a text saying McNabb got a TD. Completely forgetting where I was, I screamed, "YES"!. The preacher stopped the sermon to stare at me, so I just yelled, "Thank God" and he thought I was feeling the spirit and commended me! The dude sitting next to me knew what I was doing and leaned over and whispered, "what's the score"? Ever since then, I make sure to turn my phone off if I'm at worship and the game is on.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Be careful of you receive text updates for scores during worship. One time I went to the afternoon worship that started around 1pm, just when the Eagles game started ( I was still a fan then). I got the scores and stats sent via text to my phone. It was around 1:35 or so when I got a text saying McNabb got a TD. Completely forgetting where I was, I screamed, "YES"!. The preacher stopped the sermon to stare at me, so I just yelled, "Thank God" and he thought I was feeling the spirit and commended me! The dude sitting next to me knew what I was doing and leaned over and whispered, "what's the score"? Ever since then, I make sure to turn my phone off if I'm at worship and the game is on.
That's really funny!
Good recovery!

Packfan14

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, unless you guys are pastors and giving late afternoon sermons on Sunday, why the hell would you go to work, any job, and miss part of this game?

unless you have a d-bag for a boss and schedule maker, that for a week he has you off for this sunday, then changes it to where you have to work an 8 hour shift.
stupid retail.
i'll be watching monday due to this and no dvr.

well i think its the 3 start time because last year the NFC had the later start time.

not sure if that's how it works though.

it alternates each year, just like the designated home team in the super bowl.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Hospitality industry never closes, I have had miss so many games due to work. Luckily it turns out if you go to a job interview wearing a jersey and get hired they may understand how much Sunday's mean to you. True story.

I was wondering why the odd hours too, but figure what the hell, glad its not a night game, remember the last night game and how that went for us.

CheeseHeadInCanada

Cheesehead
Reaction score
unless you have a d-bag for a boss and schedule maker, that for a week he has you off for this sunday, then changes it to where you have to work an 8 hour shift.
stupid retail.
i'll be watching monday due to this and no dvr.

it alternates each year, just like the designated home team in the super bowl.

This, and because Fox has the superbowl this year and they broadcast for the NFC they get the early game, and cbs gets the more primetime slot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts