Why is nobody talking about greg jennings?

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's coming off 3 consecutive 100 yard games and in the last 7 games he has 43 catches 761 yards and 8 tds. In the last 7 games no receiver has more yards than him and only one (dwayne Bowe) has more tds. He's on pace for 1258 yds and 14 tds.

His route running and hands are sooooo underrated imo. That catch he made on the sidelines for a td was beautiful. Showed such strong hands and concentration with a corner draped on him. And he broke the corner's ankles so ******* that 2nd td. It was a beautiful thing.

Even madden has bumped him up lately(90-92). Yet nobody in the media seems to be talking about him.

With Dwayne Bowe getting shut out this week, there isn't a hotter reciever in football right now.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because his TD celebration is nonexistant -- I wanna see some Breakdancing Greg!!!

dgreen1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats the unfortunate thing about being a Packer sometimes. Seems like a lot of our players are very under rated and never seem to get the press coverage that big city teams and markets get. Pretty Sad in IMO.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats the unfortunate thing about being a Packer sometimes. Seems like a lot of our players are very under rated and never seem to get the press coverage that big city teams and markets get. Pretty Sad in IMO.

I'm certain that the coaching staff are aware of this, and how it can affect a players state-of-mind. Packers have a great reputation for keeping their players' egos in check.

At the same time, I want all our players to get credit and media-attention when they deserve it.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings has been simply incredible the last several games. I'm predicting another 100 yard plus game this Sunday. I have a feeling we are going to be yelling touchdown Greg Jennings many many times!

And to hell with ESPN, the Pack gets mad love from us!!!

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings is a beast!! If he didnt start out so slow he would be tracking 1500yds and about 18-20 tds :icon_eek:

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I personally think the Packers are officially under the radar again, good for us, we've played well from there.
Beating Detroit this week will keep us there, I'm okay with it, I'm just delighted he's getting recognized in Packer Nation after kinda getting overshadowed by Finley a bit.
One of those things you like to have as a problem, he's getting his throws now since Jermichael is out. WE all knew he was a monster.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because his TD celebration is nonexistant -- I wanna see some Breakdancing Greg!!!

I'm completely against the OCHOSTINKO-BRAYLON-SANTONIO-OWENS-DESEAN way of Post-Touchdown-Actions...I resent it...I think it's goofy & shows lack of Character...Act like you've been there before...I like Jennings for his skills, but I LOVE Jennings for his sportsmanship, I admire a player that acts that way...a true professional.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm completely against the OCHOSTINKO-BRAYLON-SANTONIO-OWENS-DESEAN way of Post-Touchdown-Actions...I resent it...I think it's goofy & shows lack of Character...Act like you've been there before...I like Jennings for his skills, but I LOVE Jennings for his sportsmanship, I admire a player that acts that way...a true professional.

I agree. I really wouldn't want to see him showboating, but in regards to touchdown celebrations... who the hell really cares.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

I kind of like it when Aaron does his Title Belt celebration. But I hate it when somebody does it against us and I fully admit being totally hypocritical. I also so like when Clay does his Predator Pose after a sack. I find it amusing and very catching. I mimic them, Clay's pose and very recently I stand up and put on the Title Belt when Rodger's gets a TD. I can't help it!

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kind of like it when Aaron does his Title Belt celebration. But I hate it when somebody does it against us and I fully admit being totally hypocritical. I also so like when Clay does his Predator Pose after a sack. I find it amusing and very catching. I mimic them, Clay's pose and very recently I stand up and put on the Title Belt when Rodger's gets a TD. I can't help it!
LOL I love tht title belt too! I also mimic it when he scores a TD lol its AWESOME!!!!

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You know what's equally amusing? Vikes and Bears fans HATE HATE HATE Aaron's championship belt pose!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do like both Rodgers People's Belt & Clay's Sack Pose...I don't like the Riverdance, Serving a TD, Standing on the Star, Dancing like a fool forcing a taunting penalty, walking into the endzone backwards....there's a difference

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do like both Rodgers People's Belt & Clay's Sack Pose...I don't like the Riverdance, Serving a TD, Standing on the Star, Dancing like a fool forcing a taunting penalty, walking into the endzone backwards....there's a difference

That's one thing that worries me about those celebrations. What if a ref is a foul mood and calls a taunting or excessive celebration penalty? The first time T.O. danced on the Dallas Star was when he was with the Eagles and he got a penalty for it. Later when T.O. became a Cowboy, Cowboy's fans conveniently forgot how that celebration came to be.

Isn't the Lambeau Leap the ultimate celebration anyway???

The Lambeau Leap is classic and always the best!!!!

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
12 to 85 all day. Jennings is a beast no doubt. Regardless, he won't get press until he becomes obnoxious (won't happen) or has a nearly record breaking season. Otherwise, he'll just simply be known as our best receiver.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
couple reasons

1. he only had 4 TDs last season
2. He is quiet as a person
3. Its all about Rodgers nationally
4. The match ups except for this week have been bigger than any WR. Only so many stories you can cover after a game. Dallas - fired coach. Minn - fired coach. Falcons - two best NFC teams.

I cant stand these homer questions. Unless ESPN runs a 24 feed on the packers there will be people complaining. We have had a bunch of prime time games this season and a TON of national press.

OP
OP
P

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
couple reasons

1. he only had 4 TDs last season
2. He is quiet as a person
3. Its all about Rodgers nationally
4. The match ups except for this week have been bigger than any WR. Only so many stories you can cover after a game. Dallas - fired coach. Minn - fired coach. Falcons - two best NFC teams.

I cant stand these homer questions. Unless ESPN runs a 24 feed on the packers there will be people complaining. We have had a bunch of prime time games this season and a TON of national press.

Wow kid. Were all on the same team here. And ya, he had 4 tds, but he also had 1100 yards. That isn't a bad year. He actually finished with more yards than reggie wayne last year. And that was a "down year" And I never said I was complaining about the packers press, just Greg Jennings' press. I'm fine with the press we get, just jennings needs to start getting a piece of that press. All I'm saying is if he keeps up his pace of his last seven games, he'll finish this year with 1378 yards and 15 tds. Is that not that deserving of some press. And he's proved it wasn't some fluke. It's not like it's been inconsistency. His lowest total was yardage total was 74 yards and his lowest catch total was 5.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His lowest total was yardage total was 74 yards and his lowest catch total was 5.

Hey kid, you lost me at was.

where did you get this from? Since I cant understand what your saying I am going to assume your not saying this year, since he had several 2 catch games with well under 74 yrds.

Members online

Latest posts